A Rex’s First Address

Narthok

XavAM13hGEQYscGl9BXZYDCZ9FeUTjBi-flMzWurLBHmip69y2ff6wbPoxMsG1NawcMODuZd-tNVUBoj9n2BSH0hvwpVUuD94i1sqZhofWAYC5ynXagRn_1KsAvOFaKbKBcxkOxfa4EK1Ql3GAI5FDM

A Rex’s First Address

Spoiler

The Goi bustled with new life, goblin and orc workers running about the large city carrying out the orders of the new Rex. Change was coming to the Horde. As pickaxes smashed into sandstone and food and cloth were bundled and strapped to moaning beasts of burden, the young Rex turned to one of his freshly acquired Goblin attendants.

“I have words for the Horde” he grunted “You will spread them”

The goblin hurriedly withdrew a scrap of parchment from his voluminous robes and quickly began to scratch down the words of the Orc.

“My name is Grommash, I am Rex of the Horde. Here are my words.

All Orcs belong to the Horde. All Orcs are welcome in the Horde.

All banishments are lifted

I ask that all Shamans return to the Goi to select a new Motsham. I am not knowledgeable in the ways of Shamanism. For a strong Motsham to be chosen I require the advice of the shamans.

All tributaries and vassals of the Horde must come to the Goi and speak to me in person. You will tell me what your agreement was with the Ologarch. We will discuss new terms of agreement if you have been useful to the Horde.

The Orcs have lost their way. We have forgotten the path of hardship, of Krug, of Honour. Once we have finished preparations I will be taking the Horde into the desert. Our people will be hardened by thirst, hunger, sand and sun. The Horde will focus on honour and on shamanism once more.

All Orcs and all people of the Horde are summoned to the Goi for a Klammor on the 5th day of this year [Friday 4pm est in the Goi]

For the duration of the Klammor there is to be no feuding or fighting between any people of the Horde, greenskin or otherwise. This is a time for Orcs to discuss Orc futures.

Hear my words, I have spoken.

With that the Rex would wave the Goblin off with a hand, turning back to his many tasks. Within the hour many goblin riders would bolt from the city of the Orcs, bearing missives to the far flung tribes and clans they could think of.

Standing on the battlements overlooking the lands over which he now held dominion, the young Rex could not help but think to himself that there was an uncertain future before him. His people had once been strong and proud. Fearing no one, secure in their traditions and the ancient ways of their sires. 

Now they were a shadow of themselves. Shattered and divided. The wise and learned shamans far away, the traditions thin and fading. His would be a time of turbulence and change. If the Horde was to be rebuilt, strong, proud and free, then he would need help. He would need strong chieftains and strong shamans.

That would come later, for now, the foundations.

"Seems like we have more things to do now." Hannes spoke to his trusted kin Jonathan as he read the first adress from the new Rex of the Iron Horde. Hannes was still uncertain of this new arrival within orcish deserts yet he hoped and prayed that his worries would be settled once he met with the new Rex to discuss new vassalage terms.