A PLEA TO THE PONTIFF - AGAINST VELETZ

Boknice275

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG.ZjQhQZTd0c5Zj3m8yZEK?pid=ImgGn

Ser Philip the Owynist Prophet rebuking the iniqituious

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG.7VEN0cGxEGrVPQcTSO5l?pid=ImgGn

Prophet-knight Ser Philip standing against would-be persecutors

To the nations of Canondom

I am known as Ser Philip across the lands, although these days I have taken up the vocation as a Prophet-knight of Fire in the Owynist tradition. I have served in Canondom my whole life, for part of it as a devout Orthodox Canonist and the other half as an Owynist who still appreciates the Orthodox tradition. I served under King Charles in Aaun, the disgraced Duke Sarkozic in Adria, the Barclays in Minitz, and several pontiffs in the church as the Grand Inquisitor of the Holy Inquisition. Never once have I thought Canondom was in such a perilous time as they are now. Veletz, a nation formerly known as Adria which I served when it was a mere village on the river bank in Almaris, has committed the ultimate act of sacrilege. 

They have burnt down a mighty cathedral of GOD in Petra shamelessly, while simultaneously claiming to be followers of GOD. The justification I imagine the apologists for Veletz shall give for their iniquitous actions will invoke the presence of Hohkmat in Petra’s borders. They may object that any ‘canonist’ nation would truly harbor voidal magi or turn a blind eye to works. But this argument is half-hearted and borne of the carnality of the flesh, not a spiritual understanding of GOD’s word.

In the Scroll of the Spirit, Owyn travels to the nations of the world and admonishes different cultures for rejecting the true conception of GOD. In addressing Magi, he admonishes them that GOD has no equal, and his power shall not be imitated. Yet, Owyn did not wield his sword of fire to vanquish the voidal magi as he did Iblees; nor did he strike them with blindness with GOD’s fire, as he did Harren. He admonished them with mercy, understanding, and power - and exhorted them to virtue. Yes - Petra must reckon with it’s relationship with GOD and Hohkmat. But no - it shall not do so on the account of iniquitous behavior from Veletz or any other mortal power; it shall only do so by divine revelation from GOD and his servants the prophets.

Now answer me this, Veletzians - who is better off in the eyes of our LORD: he who exhorts the lost to virtue by standing upon GOD’s word, and perhaps even harbors the lost as they do this, or he who proclaims heavenly virtue but has none of it in their heart? The actions of Veletz fall into the second category; for as much talk about GOD and righteousness that come from the warriors of Veletz, their hearts are far from GOD. 

As one who sits in the office of the prophet of GOD, as any devoted servant whose soul is bathed in his fire does, I decree the following woes be released upon the iniquitous of Veletz:

WOE be unto you, all who maim the body of GOD while proclaiming his virtue.

WOE be unto you, all who reject the canticle of humility and replace it with arrogance.

WOE be unto you, all who wield a sword against an innocent for a worldly cause, rejecting GOD’s justice.

WOE be unto you, all you workers of evil, who do not use your words to speak as GOD commands, but default to the sword. Even Owyn gave Harren a chance to repent before striking him down.

WOE Be unto the seeds of violence planted by Duke Sarkozic and his family, in his initial rebellion against Canondom which displaced priests, killed innocents like Sigismond Varoche and orphaned his children. These seeds of violence are sprouting within Veletz now, which is an inheritant of Sarkozic's rule - WOE be until this seed. May the fire of GOD BURN UP this seed of violence and cause it to never rise again in the Kingdom of GOD - I declare.

These WOES are backed up by the fire of GOD. May they admonish the iniquitous across the nations and judge them harshly for their actions. All of you who have partaken in the burning of Petra’s church: may the wrath of GOD be upon your life like FIRE. May you suffer the same fate as Harren, except ten-thousand times worse, for the crime of harming GOD’s children. It is not I who will seek vengeance, but it is the fires of GOD themselves that shall pour from the Seven Skies and assail you.

I am a fire-washed warrior for GOD. I have spent my whole life training up legionaries for the kingdom; using the blessing of Archangel Michael to tear down the strongholds of darkness across the lands, and advising Canonist princes on matters spiritual and mundane. Although the Curia may find me apostate now - which I do not mind, even Exalted Owyn was deemed an outcast by the authorities of his day - my words still ring true. If Canondom is to remain secure, Veletz’s actions cannot go unpunished. If the church is to remain a viable institution, Veletz’s actions cannot go unpunished.

I call upon the pontiff, if he truly be a defender of GOD’s bride, to issue a Golden Bull condemning the actions of Veletz. Nothing less than a Bull which excommunicates the iniquitous of Veletz from the ranks of the Kingdom and decrees a crusade against them is acceptable. The church for too long has been concerned with status and power-gathering; with catering to the needs and desires of noble families while ignoring the fire of GOD. This is why Owyn struck Harren with blindness; when worldly authorities deny the immaculate compulsion of our LORD, they too must be thrown down by a demonstration of his power. The voice of GOD commanded Harren to free the people of their bondage, but Harren was far too concerned with status to listen to GOD. And thus, he fell blind and impotent, as the holy word decrees.

Pontiff, I beseech you to assert the same force of GOD upon Veletz. There surely are righteous within their ranks, yes, but the iniquitous outweigh the worthy. And the iniquitous are a threat to the people of GOD. A crusade is the only fitting option to stop this march of sin from consuming GOD’s people, once and for all.

O’ lord I pray, as he who wields the flame of Owyn and the imprimatur of the Archangel, that you strike the iniquitous of all kingdoms - including Veletz - with blindness. Lord I pray that your people may pick up mantles in the heavenlies and toss down strongholds who besmirch your people. Lord I pray - may a wave of blessed fire from the Seven Skies burn up the plans Iblees and his agents have for the people of GOD. May every action done against the people of GOD - whether in Petra or elsewhere - backfire against sender seven-thousand fold. May they know the wrath they sought to inflict upon your people, and may it never be well with them. Amen.

Heed my word, Canondom. Nothing good will come of abiding the machinations of the wicked. Cast it out with holy fire or be consumed by darkness.

Sincerely,

Ser Philip the Righteous.

God’s Prophet of Fire. 

Wielder of Owyn’s Burning Sword of Judgment

Blessed of the Archangel 

Bane of the Darkness

Evangelist to the nations.

Artel drums his steel fingers on his desk, a quick glance out his window at the burnt church and the square he had met Ser Philip in the saints day before, he thinks of the words that had been said to him again "if GOTT hast truly blessed mich to preserve his kingdom here, who am ich to argue?" He turns back to his desk "ich have much to do"