The Enigma of Murder Unveiled

May you burn brightly in the Beyond.” That Wanderer spoke softly, a promise made “I will find who done this.”

She looked over the body she dragged back within Celia’nor, with great effort upon her ailed body. The eyes of Sylva Cerusil were brought to a close by her digits, how horrific the wounds were, and all she could question was ‘Why?’ All she knew about Sylva was they worked the tavern, she recalled that the arrival of the dead body was heralded with a shout “One dead Celia’norian Councilor Scum dropoff!” Followed by the beat of hooves against the ground as they flee. 

She stood in long silence, before finding the Royarch and calling them to explain what had occurred, and after some long moments in thought, she had to find out what occurred, with the clinic cleared out, she shut the barrier to block sight from those that might wander by. A hand held out to catch a Black Orb that seemingly emitted into existence, as she began to channel the powers granted by an unknown source to her. Prayers muttered to that font she knew as the Beyond, to grant her insight into what happened to Sylva Cerusil...

-=-

She saw three figures, one draped in onyx cloth, wrapped around their body hidden within the shadows, one with a blue robe thrown over a wooden mask of grey who was trailed by a feline automaton, the final individual Sylva Cerusil herself. Sylva was seemingly talking with them, as she offered the blue-robed figure a book. “There, my end is now fulfilled,” she spoke

They flicked through the pages “..Mm. By technicality, this does fill my prerequisite.” The book then snapped shut, slotting it within their robe “I find this satisfactory, Sylva.” Their voice almost otherworldly, they inquire of Sylva “Now.. Let me ask you a question. During.. Our last meeting, you told me that birds were so easy to crush, for how- fragile they are..” their head tilts slightly to the side

“Have you ever heard of a shrike?” 

The oynx figure in the shadows, prepared a strike with a bow with Sylva completely unaware, as she spoke to the masked individual “If I have, then it is something long buried within my memory. Please, continue.”

The Figure in Blue strode about, as the automaton crept behind Sylva. They’re just... These tiny little birds. I find them fascinating, to be completely unassuming in appearance. Yet - they are best known for skewering animals much larger than themselves upon thorns, and the like.” That figure's hands unsheathed from the sleeves, an unmarked bottle in hand, flipping the latch that corked the concoction. “A noble creature, I think. I admire those who make a habit of biting off more than they can chew.”

A soft hum escaped Sylva as her digits were brushed along a cold stone edge, the hand lofting up with soot that she rubbed between the tips of her fingers. “A little warrior then, would you not agree?” Her left hand rests upon the hilt of her blade by her side, as she faces the figure, gaze set upon that bottle, a short-lived frown was displayed before she spoke once more “Do you now? I may only assume you are either speaking of me, or the one slumped behind you.”

That blue figure took in a breath, their voice unnaturally tuned as it asked, with that automaton bending low behind Sylva “Tell me, Sylva. Are you immortal?”

The arrow the dark-clad figure had prepared was fired, as they dropped from above. “Do-” Sylva’s words were cut off, as she threw herself back into a roll onto her knees, she gripped her blade “I really should have known something like this was to happen the moment I saw him.” As the archer now took a potion from their belt, their ambered eyes pierced at Sylva under the hood.

The blue figure immediately sensing the opportunity slammed their vial on the ground towards the center, filling the area with a sickly yellow miasma, covering Sylva, the woman’s vision overcome with tears as she felt her lungs burning with a violent coughing fit “A shame you didn’t.” they commented, as the automaton bites onto her sword-arm, fangs of Ferrum dug into her skin, Sylva letting out a scream of agony, causing her to inhale that smog, attempting to use her sleeve as a makeshift mask.

Another figure came into view of the vision, but fates obscured them, as if someone awoken from the attack, backing away from the murder that was about to occur, as they covered their mouth. They lingered on the edge of the gas, squinting to see what was happening through that gas, arms crossed.

The dark figure approached, his eyes streaming with tears, but they were not coughing, each breath of air allowed a white puff to emit, whatever it was granted normal breath “Your days of abuse are over.” They growled as they shook the potion.

The gas began to expand, the room almost enveloped in that gas, as the blue figure stepped forth, completely unaffected, perhaps something under that mask. “Do you want to know why this is happening, Sylva?” In gloat, as their automaton began to shake Sylva vigorously side to side, disrupting her balance  You weren’t careful.” They hissed bitterly, with a sword withdrawn.

“Let’s hope that the terror wrought upon our dear apprentice was worth the price?”

Sylva Cerusil was yanked to her side, her right arm coming from her face to try to catch the fall, as blood began to flow, attempting to sweep the blue figure off their feet, however, they were too close for it to be effective, firmly pinning the writhing Sylva in place. The figure of Onyx withdrew an arrow, as he ruthlessly struck the arrow through Sylva’s shoulder with it tightly gripped around his digits. Sylva looked up to see the blue-robed figure's eyes, cornflower blue, the skin translucent, bloodshot, and watering from that smog, and they brought the blade down, to impale Sylva through the chest.

A blood-curdling scream was let out from the flurry of blows dealt to her, mixed with coughing “You’ve..” she’d paused as her face contorted with a shimmer making its way up to her eyes, as she looked up with a smile... “You’ve... Managed to complete the one thing I couldn’t do on my own... Sadly I won’t-” the words trailed off, and her life was at an end. Her head dropped to the floor with a heavy thud on the cold ground.

That obscured figure closed in as the gas dissipated, looking over the scene “You were right.” they cron bitterly, “This?” They gesture over the Cerusil’s lifeless body “Will gnaw at the back of my mind. - But you’ve lost..” The words drift from the tip of this figure’s tongue, as they shift within the pool of blood.

The dark-clad figure muttered “Mm.. I will take the body to her home so she can go through a proper burial.” they added, “I am not sure how I feel about using her for the book, however..” That blue-clad figure rips the blade from Sylva’s chest, as lingering blood begins to pool and splatter about, their gaze set upon the body as they switched grip on the sword, an arm brought around that missing figure as they spoke with that ethereal hint ..No.before the voice became natural “..No we won’t use her for the book..”

The figure of Onyx rode off, with Sylva’s body sitting upon the top, making the journey to Celia’nor, those horse hooves beating against the ground...

-=-

Weary eyes stared at the Black Orb, as the vision came to an end. So many questions are still left unanswered... But she made her way to the Royarch of Celia’nor to inform her what she discovered.

Spoiler

This was a scry done IRP with OOC consent gathered from those involved that would make a nice little forum post. You will not know this information IRP unless you have been told IRP about it.