_Gridlock

Discord:

Gridlock#1220

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Major Player Conduct.

What circumstances led to this ban?

Timeline: I posted a transgender joke as a reply to a post asking for the irp church to allow gay marriage. 8 hours pass, I get a single warning point for minor toxicity. Multiple more days pass, some of them on which I played on the server. I don't play for 3 days, upon logging back in on the fourth I find that I have been banned through the console a day prior for Major Player Conduct.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

While I agree that my joke was out of line and in poor taste, I disagree with the severity of the ban. First of all I think the ban should have been a forum ban if anything, secondly I believe the forum team should have communicated with the mod team before handing out a warning. A judgement had been passed and I was surprised to find that it was changed later to an ingame ban. As stated by the warning point, it was first ruled to be a MINOR toxicity, later it was changed to a MAJOR problem with a big ban time. I don't understand why, because nobody bothered to reach out to me. I feel like this is a bit of a strange line of events and I don't understand why a bad joke on the forums warrants a month ban in game. This is reinforced by the fact that a forum mod deemed it a minor infraction. Upon appealing a second time as allowed by The60th (see screen) I would like to repeat that communication between staff members may be a good idea before acting.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I enjoy roleplaying from time to time, and there really is no better place for that than Lotc. I've been a member of the community for nearly 10 years and I realise I have a history, but I hope you can also see that I'm not a danger to the community or a problem for the server.

Attach other relevant information.

Ban Message: https://gyazo.com/ef091becda0e9f8b2a3404cd02c72df1
60th's permission to appeal: https://gyazo.com/7290729e88996561626c4ab2ef947367