ON DRUIDISM III | Addressed to Zaelyn

Werew0lf

78EOyA5i4lksXxpdKIWO4jZCW9U39eA9-JJJFqWSU2-dEzce-ZlTQ4F6nvNd9DMFuJN8iC_SSbMzCtu2jNqP8abr1lwPr50rxqSj3hdm0Sf9qxfQVDcgVlgxXLVuHu7dKMfFpcRmaTb4MctMkPf_rEI

A2y5IFZ1ZBz4mn7LSu-KFCmld0zvCxQRWYqNeysSV0RBm-Met76eecDrVpNzJETZjAkxFdNdM7Icer3quhySNWi3j-UQbM439oscGX47n5xSpGNrae_K4kmFIed2JhwnB9vWH5CZ3PnZ3pGh5Rs1pbM

JzpCkFKjBNKTPpFnaRaA9baYaWpTf6DU7F7d0YLne-9abwxVZ9Sv9aQue4YudJ8_w5lMoemOM0glmc3IsjabYdPXbOUtRJwe9dVZYk7thBl_A-ybfFU1canebyFgdjCIVyFp_HJUTv2UXKWsjrvSN4o

L7ZSNn1NKMHwYC85lBe4jzrjLGdtOKfDrLzRj453loVfnJTkkmZ4y2stGaI9VCsUNtjFGohEFoCQRc2lRHKQVSHm_bjUExKJYX3eYuzGozN79rWagSBtopCOXWA4fVFX-TD18VMnfMqAPQOyyDcZkPg

To my teacher,

I write to you this missive in regards to the third task that was set. Through my ventures, I crossed a narrow valleyway and came across an injured wolf. To show mercy and restraint, I killed the wolf, and spread its blood across my body, so that I could strengthen myself. Yet again, I spoke to my local seer, and this was foretold:

ᚤᛟᚢ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚠᚨᛚᛚ ᛁᚾ ᛒᚨᛏᛏᛚᛖ. ᛞᛖᚨᛏᚺ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚲᛟᛗᛖ ᚢᚾᛏᛟ ᚤᛟᚢ, ᛏᚺᛟᚱ, ᛋᛟᚾ ᛟᚠ ᛗᚨᚾ. ᚺᛟᚹᛖᚡᛖᚱ, ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚠᚨᚲᛖ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛞᚡᛖᚱᛋᛁᛏᚤ, ᚤᛟᚢ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚠᛁᚾᛞ ᚷᚱᛖᚨᛏ ᛈᛖᚨᚲᛖ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛈᚱᛟᛋᛈᛖᚱᛁᛏᚤ, ᚨᚾᛞ ᚾᚨᛏᚢᚱᛖ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚲᛚᚨᛁᛗ ᚤᛟᚢ ᛟᚾᚲᛖ ᚨᚷᚨᛁᚾ.

So impatient is the son of Odin, that he would instead risk his life to find balance in nature. Know, Thor, that your place remains in the skies, where the clouds are white, and you shall wield hammer, and smite with hammer. This will be your unbecoming, and know that Valhalla will be open to you no more. 

Please decipher this wisdom for me. 

RdM4aOAtcYfW_7gXDHwjcrz2y6540eKkzzmCru3ditnJAkRl1LCpb6NgQCaHDa8x1-94txVcjPeD395oLmDMH4CykxkkLUwIxiv1PI2fvyK2QEEpXbhhjkUqVfFLvxLCBvrshsCyoyuFBIA3xXXq41k

For my third task, you spoke of how I was impatient, and how I should live amongst the animals, observe it, and watch its growth, without taming it, without nurturing it, and to join their family. You asked me to understand nature, to help guard this animal, and to help it grow.

Know, teacher, that I attempted this so verily. I returned to the basilisk, for I could see in it what may be a bond, a friendship, even if it impaled my arms, and attempted to slaughter me whole. Instead of brawling with the basilisk, I would send into the caves sacks of meat and sheep herded fresh out of the groves; the basilisk would accept this willingly, and it did not know who it was that was serving this.

The basilisk only knew to feast, and so it did. At first, so foolishly, did I think of this as acceptance - I would not dislodge it from its habitat, and would instead seek to learn its way. Verily, did my father once say, “Never walk away from your home, Thor,” Ah - but my foolish father Odin knew only philosophical dung-talk. 

I did this for weeks, and for months, until I showed myself. At first, the feral animal - who I thought had my trust - seemed estranged, watching me, with its pelting fierce eyes, as if it was in a state of confusion, or pride. How could I bring it food so brazenly? How could I feed it, much like a pet? That is what it likely thought.

However, the foolish beast would not accept me into his family. I misjudged the trial, as the basilisk promptly attacked me. I did not take kindly to injuring it, as it attempted to swallow me whole, and I had to keep its mouth pried open and ripped its fang out, before stabbing it directly back into its cranium. The basilisk survived, and I lost three fingers in the process. 

25usdcJiRVuvJRC0fA1oDQv6S0iJlILGe-cRh_o2f63VbE4nbLofrKSPAEzIv6hueaoDUi3X9Oz80PSIOa8yUv1PBWyCD8G6MDI6REOuJePNNginJ8-vvEaTQj1wNIn_w6ifjxFAbjKPvfmFUdJm2Us

380Kwu3ynfCD-c_md4bQoC4COSRJ5uqUii2VniihdjNTnguWzgvGuAAxUA0H-VeZjLhsDnuu5xmr9C89eKwlK5m7uTY4LKDyjcTOhx5uip8_ZKcXXlovs3dtQhEkkLGapBOgTuaG5C5ack0eSkHNotY

Truly, I did try, but I have failed. 

Please bestow onto me another trial, or forfeit me from this journey.

I was not ready to handle animals. They are unruly, much like dragons.

Signed,

Thor.

[!] A softened drum of the riptides fingers came against her desk as she read over the paper. A softened shake of her head, non the less offering a nod "I suppose we shall speak when you come find me next, failure isn't to be ashamed of just means we have more work" she uttered to no one in particular.