Chroniken der Fürstin [VOL III]

Toffee

kIeIU17Uu9zC-B7fjS5WOi6cM_zrh3_-ZuvRhh8Ht0_8Q6E2jGfURI_itjXyw86ShQeCoonGKR4Jc_tECQHbWVSMS6fL31a6UtzDMg6Gzxx0QC8JwWOl0nVd5OjafMWfNUtOG8l4dSKTt8y05ZH4lLk

CHRONIKEN DER FÜRSTIN VON MINITZ

CHRONICLES OF THE PRINCESS OF MINITZ

Published by the Fürstin Adalfriede von Hexenwald

in the year of our Lord 1968

VOL I (LINK)

VOL II (LINK)

SÖHNE UND TÖCHTER VON REINMAR,

These last several years have seen us strike out into the hinterlands, the rolling farmlands of Aaun disappearing at our backs as we made the long journey westwards with our livestock, belongings, and hopes for a future controlled by Reinmaren destiny. We have raised the city of Kretzen from a small collection of tents and huts to a bastion of culture and prosperity. Prince Alfred and Prince Leon have been crowned the Princes in Reinmar, and I as the Princess of Minitz, tasked with the duty of upholding the word of our Lord GOTT and the ways of the Reinmaren.

WHILE ENCAMPED

Our third child, Josefina Johanna, was born in 1965 while we were still encamped. She was born into hard living and little comfort, but so too were the Reinmaren of old, learning to live off the land rather than resting comfortably in stone towers. When our children are old enough, they will learn what it is to fend for themselves, to hunt their own fare and make beds from moss and pine needles as their ancestors did before them.

There was more to fear from the camp than mere discomfort. In the quiet of night, a great white bear emerged from the woods, drawn by the scent of freshly hunted game. It attacked, leaving Nikolaus von Kanunsberg grievously wounded to the face and neck; scars he bears to this very day. The creature was fought off by the brave acts of Duke Gottfried Barclay, Mariola von Wesenburg, Joseph von Berkhoven, Feldmarschall Wilhelm von Berkhoven, Albrecht Barclay, and an outlander whose name I regrettably do not know. With the help of three kind strangers and the healing skills of Robert von Stroheim, Nikolaus’ life was saved.

STRENGTHENING OF THE HIRD

Mariola Sturmweber (now Mariola von Wesenburg as per the Letters issued in 1968) has served Minitz faithfully for a number of years. In recognition of this service, and for the loyalty she has shown to me, I asked Mariola to become a member of my hird. She now stands beside her sister Isolde as my hirdman, holding a hatchet as a symbol of the blood oath she swore within the square of Kretzen under the shadow of the Temple of Waldenic Martyrs.

THE CITY OF KRETZEN

Our stonemasons, carpenters, and architects have raised the City of Kretzen from the soil, where it stands as a beacon of Reinmaren culture. Already within these walls we have seen a consecration of the Temple, the coronation and enthronement of the Princes in Reinmar, and a Moot where all sons and daughters of Reinmar were called to attend.

I have taught my son Brandt to ride in these streets, have taught my daughter Rosalyn of the Grand Kanun within the Moot Hall. I have seen apostate elves burned, warriors blooded, and oaths made. Reinmaren: this city is ours. Honour, cherish, and protect it.

A WEREGILD EXTRACTED

To those who are not well-versed in the Grand Kanun, a weregild is gold paid to a wronged party in compensation, to prevent a blood feud or blood-price being demanded. We recently witnessed a weregild being extracted for the crime of subversion.

So says Book One, Chapter III.X of the Grand Kanun:

The subject who attempts to spread foreign cultural influences within our motherland, be it through food, language, dress, or likewise, in beyond an academic, casual, and/or business sense—as is the case should one attempt to coerce another into abandoning their culture for another—is guilty of the wrongdoing of Subversion, and as enemies against the Waldenic and Reinmaren ways they shall be seen. Let the wrongdoer pay a small fee of gold, not exceeding two hundred pieces, and be relegated to change their ways at once.

An outlander by the name of Robert not only entered the floor of the Moot Hall during Moot, which is reserved for blooded Reinmarens only, but he also spoke and attempted to play a foreign instrument. When he was cast out, he instead began to play this instrument in the city square. 

The Lawspeaker levelled on him a weregild of two hundred pieces, which he was unable to pay. Prince Leon II, who is ever-just, allowed the outlander to toil in the fields and procure wheat for the weregild instead.

Let it be known that all who set foot within Reinmar should learn of our laws, for they shall be enforced. So says the Kanun.

THE HEATHER COURT

Alongside Frederica, the Baroness of Sigradz, I have brought into existence Der Heidehof to further the pursuit and propagation of Reinmaren culture. Within the Court are a series of positions and offices to meet this aim. The Baroness of Sigradz, although young, serves as my Seneschal. Already we have set to work preparing a grand Kretzenfest to celebrate the upcoming harvest, and have hired a number of staff.

Hiring of staff is normally a function of the Chamberlain. However, until such a time as that position is filled, the Seneschal and I have added such a function to our existing duties. As was announced at the Royal Court of 1968, all who wish to put themselves forward for the position of Chamberlain should write to myself, the Princess Adalfriede.

ENEMIES OF AILMERE

When the people of Minitz lived in the lands of Aaun, we were beset upon by the Franks. Now, in these new lands we call home, the dark mages of Ailmere have made themselves our enemy. Already, they have burned the camp beyond our walls and taken my hirdman Isolde captive. They have attacked our fair city of Kretzen and attempted to strike fear into our hearts.

Just as we defeated the Franks and slaughtered their leader the Roach, so too shall we defeat this new foe. Isolde was rescued, and the Host of St. Johann is ready. Brave souls frequently patrol the walls. 

Stand stalwart and unforgiving, sons and daughters of Reinmar. This new enemy shall learn that we do not rest, and we do not rust. Those who wish to join us in defending the city should speak with Wilhelm von Berkhoven, the Feldmarschall of the Host of St. Johann.

ethbZE3nGqUZ9dUFIrB_x3XvQnTFAzxCOaGLFTG08Mh_Jnri2U0IlWD_4k3rFdY6HJuDoAadqKID-mHIg8xvJTos1jH-TogGV9rsxVz5b8OKqN8SNh-hF0SImVbRFCrmmJlMCnK_ukEF13n17CECVUs

WER RASTET, DER ROSTET

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS, Adalfriede of Hexenwald, Princess of Minitz

dRsaqogORTcIak1oWdquuOkyRImmoDP2lZy9i_6pnxUL_-ptuanJqFw97cH3U9tWPfRQCT_Spmhvjak6fuaKvQeugDjkMau2RSU3HCQKE8L-sq-T7KSWOtaQCe6oPNJ9RxMxZwv2b5jHhmke4OUhEQ