Obvious Slander

A missive is posted to the Notice Board in the capital.

”All accusations leveled against me by Clan Irongrinder are entirely false. As such, I will be requesting the courts to charge them with the crime of Slander. By definition of the Articles of Urguan—

6. Slander

6.1 Slander is the crime of spreading known mistruths about a citizen of Urguan

6.2 Slander is a 4th Degree Crime.

I will see you in court.

-Alaric Grimgold”

Thumbrindal receives a raven as he reads the contents his trusty companion brought him"'ow do ye kno its teh Irongroinders t'at wrote it, shouldn't ye sue teh newspaper compane' instead?"he'd ask himself before discarding the letter and giving his raven a treat for his good work.

Spoiler

image.png?ex=661db647&is=660b4147&hm=f77

Thorim saw the missive and as soon as he read it he pondered

See you in court?
Sounds like: PA! they bully me again!

Edited by Mestvin

Just now, D3F4LT said:

Thumbrindal receives a raven as he reads the contents his trusty companion brought him"'ow do ye kno its teh Irongroinders t'at wrote it, shouldn't ye sue teh newspaper compane' instead?"he'd ask himself before discarding the letter and giving his raven a treat for his good work.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?ex=661db647&is=660b4147&hm=f77

Alaric has been in Urguan for over 200 years and know who the writers of DNN are.

Just now, AlaricGrimgold said:

Alaric has been in Urguan for over 200 years and know who the writers of DNN are.

Spoiler

how do you know an irongrinder wrote it, maybe its posted by a non irongrinder under DNN to remain anonymous

In order for it to be slander it has to be false, says Jorvin.

Narvi pens his own letter, trapped in a solitary cell.

"The Irongrinder Clan has also aggrieved me, Darid Irongrinder assaulted me and falsely imprisoned me, slandering me as a cultist of the Harrower. I am currently held against my will, but petition the Kingdom Authorities to charge my captor with the following crimes-

3. Impersonation of a Public Official

3.1 Impersonation of a Public Official is the crime of assuming the identity of a public official of Urguan or another government, assuming a title to which one does not have right, or falsely acting as a representative of a public official of Urguan or another government.

3.2 Impersonation of a Public Official is a second-degree crime.

7.. Slander

7.1 Slander is the crime of spreading known mistruths about a citizen of Urguan.
7.2 Slander is a fourth-degree crime.

8. Assault

8.1 Assault is the crime of physically and unlawfully attacking a citizen of Urguan.

8.2 Assault is a second-degree crime.

9. Kidnapping
9.1 Kidnapping is the crime of unlawfully holding a citizen of Urguan against their will.
9.2 Kidnapping is a second-degree crime.

I probably won't be able to attend court.

-Narvi the falsely imprisoned."

37 minutes ago, AlaricGrimgold said:

Spoiler

no, no he doesn't.

A Random Elf comments "Slander is spoken, in print, its libel."

"Oh this beh news to meh. What beh going on with these accusations?" The tiny mossborn looked over these missives a little confused, not being up to date with some drama in Urguan it seemed.