[Nixira Painting 1] An unlikely friend

CCARKUS

moon.png.80365b78c9292e253692e321426021fa.png

The first time I stepped foot in Númendil, an Olog nearly ran into me. All I could do was look up at his hulking size frozen in fear, in hindsight that was rather rude of me. Logically I was safe in such a public place right? Yet I shook like a wet kitten. 

Bless his patience, The first words out of my mouth were an exclamation of his size like I was some rude child. After trying to calm my nerves we exchanged names, Raug was his. He shook my hand rather softly considering his hand dwarfed mine in size, he could have easily broken every bone in my poor appendage if he so pleased. We surprisingly began to chat, talk of our interests and ventures. We even joked a bit.

I learned Raug was a fellow artist who made statues, and we chatted about art surprisingly well. To think I was shaking in fear when we first locked eyes… He was polite, well spoken, and even humorous! I was happy to consider him a friend. When we went to part I asked if I could use his likeness for a portrait. The look of delight on his face was priceless, though his smile was still a bit intimidating. 

Painting people that don’t look like me has been so eye opening and inspiring. I hope to make more art of people of all walks of life just as I did with Raug. 

And I hope Raug enjoys his portrait as much as he enjoyed the idea of one.

1595667888_moondivider.thumb.png.ded5836e557388da31241d6fe264ee92.png

IMG_2441.png?ex=6621b360&is=660f3e60&hm=

Spoiler

OOC

this painting is for VoidDimensions character Raug :)

this was a fun painting to do! I hope to do more in the future and for them all to have a sort of journal entry like this one.

i also plan to do actual journal entries for nixira that have sketches instead of full on paintings as if she sketched them in her journal while she wrote the entry.

if anyones interested in a painting you can find Nixira wandering around usually whatever realms are bustling at the time. :) no guarantee she'll do them for free! usually you have to pay up for a painting and she has limited slots, don't wanna overwhelm herself.

Edited by CCARKUS
format fixing