Emergency Issuance of Naval Construction

XFToWQHc1Ye9-vrCuZTd9qWfRAhDL7cN32gwewbvhUEs1YrvfMUJFQ9tndQmMb6Gwy5laBIW_g4wozaH3JMvPOgMNAvfacE_h0hodQjUwYRJeLgreNWA__PDDcMwy0kC9GhV1K9t3UFb2W_TgZEVXY0

17th of Yemekar's Balance, 175 S.A.

(4/7/2024)

Issued by:

Grand Marshal Thurgrim Silverbraid

To all dwarves presently aware of the rising dangers of Aevos.

It has not been lost upon me, since even before the instatement of my office within Dungrimm's Legion, that shadowy threats lurk amongst the fringes of our civilizations. The Harrower and his misbegotten-ilk  press onwards from the North, enslaving our kin through his curses and causing dissent amongst our ranks with questions of honor and action. Even today as I write this missive, I have become frustratingly aware of the troubles that this new 'darkness' that has settled across the tundra brings, and how it wrenches the probabilities of success in our military campaigns against such a threat. This speaks nothing, even, of the assumed dangers behind the rumors of a returning Ironborn threat that have begun to circulate.

I looked to our records; Those so kept by my predecessors who held this post before me, seeking answers in the past that might prove sufficient.

I have found what it is that I seek.

I have heard tale of a time when iron-hulled ships of the dwedmar split both sea by bow and sky by powder, a time when the Irongrinders bent tree and trunk into paddles that drove these hulking fortresses across the waves and cracked the very earth of the shores they bombarded! A time when the people under stone ruled the waves above a world over, a time when the dwarves of the Grand Kingdom brought might and misery to our foes with with likes of the Dwedsmark during the Inferi War!

And so to this, I grant an emergency issuance of naval construction for drydocks within the bay West of Kal'Kadrelaz, beyond the second land bridge!

It is time for the skills of the shipwrights of old to wring strength of water from earth, for these Khorvadic menaces to cower beneath ancestral iron!

Clan Irongrinder, the throngs call for the launch of a new Dreadnought!

Narvak oz Urguan!

Thurgrim, son of Angrim, son of Ongrim, son of Svardin, The 'Last' Silverbraid, Grand Marshal of Dungrimm's Legion,  Agent Reckoner of Urguan, Grand Tanner, Truth Seeker

Edited by CharlestheDwarf

Darid Irongrinder delves into his clans archives, looking for the blueprints of Battleships.

"Hell it's bout time." 

"Finalleh som' engineerin' tae be done 'round 'ere."

Thumbrindal Grandaxe began working on new blueprints to innovate on his old designs.

"Let's hope my friend thumdrindal blueprints are nae stolen once more by t' dirty grimgolds" Balor would say as he read the missive from the top of his mountain drinking dire wolf whisky