DEVILS

An aging, Canonist High Elf peers over the missive as she leans out the window of her home in the fair city of Numenost, shaking a few of the ashes of her herbal cigarette out into the wind. . . She takes another deep inhale from the stick, before pressing the end of it to the missive. It ignites, burning up, before the embers are carried away with the same wind. "They grow dangerously close to the ways of my Diarchy-loving kin. . . Same cards, just a century later, in someone else's hands. . . God save your outcasts and your downtrodden-- it is no wonder they  return to burn down the village for the warmth we have denied them." The elvish woman signs the Lorraine and at last turns to return to her writing. 

A young woman, an Adunian, remains seated on the back of a black mare as she rides from the gates of Numenost to Reinmar. She peers over the missive and shakes her head in some dismay. "Innocence comes with our milk teeth and we lose it, slowly, with each tooth we lose. Many of these children were robbed of their innocence before those teeth had even come in. Who is to determine those who grow into wickedness were born wicked from the start. . .? Souls are not born wicked, they are only made."

Felyska Weiss, the critic, rather than finding herself as remarkably defiant as before. Instead gazed upon the words with interest. "Ah! Now, finally, something ea can support. Now if only they could declare the same of orcs..." She mused, having much found those if devilish variety to be cowardly and lacking in threat compared to the large-tooth cretins.

“This is why I hate humans,” sighed Red, a human.

Norido would shake his head upon reading the missive "Supposed devils being beaten up by humans? Never seen any in my life! Why don't you take that anger, and beat up some orcs, they are one of the true monsters in these lands!"

Udo successfully pickpockets someone, but as he does, he overhears them discussing the missive, He mutters to himself, "Them devils ain't the real devils. The devils are them who don't drop a few minas in poor Udo's palm. Udo's just a broken ol' solider, lookin' after me blind daughter."