IN SEARCH OF VOIDAL MAGI

IN SEARCH OF VOIDAL MAGI

rknXXjL_5xLCXmzZfkEG9iaeaMAuO-GyKjiS3nqDfVmxKa3dsb6-jI7daGJJse8_GwgdL1ME-CoQPEqHhbkQmxMkUSz6h02NCLnRjFqGhBpo7nvHw8KLhbD1Ajg8RuQLxloMEt2sDT4N-mbYU9fkevE

AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE MAGUS

I, Archbishop Mattia Cardinal Lotharia, the AUDITOR, invite all who practice voidal magic to seek me out. From prolific magicians to the lay scholar — all are encouraged to come and speak on the matter of the arcane. 

Write to me or arrive at my doorstep—my office in Balian—and we shall speak on civil, peaceful terms.

BY THE WILL OF GOD;

Infirmia sine fide

hultasuna sinetsiz

Weakness without Faith

Thelia eyes one of these peculiar leaflets, her lips formed an amused smile. "The church thinks them fools... Perhaps they are right." she spake to the wind, alone on the road...

"Archbishop,
  We will write, and do hope to see you soon."

-Fatebinder

The letter is written in a fine Qalasheen script, of a well-practiced writer.

A certain Voidal Mage’s son picks up the leaflet and starts reading it, he puts a hand on his own chin in thought before coming to a conclusion… “It might be time that I tell the church of what happened during my childhood..” He spoke, though most of his memories were now wrapped in fanatical Canonist disillusions, he will bring justice for his late mother.

A letter would be send to the Auditor reading…

”Archbishop Lotharia,

Though I am a layman of the heaviest of aversions to Voidal Magic, I wish to come to you with the limited knowledge I have that would be of use to you from the days of my childhood that have to do with an experience with a specific Voidal Mage. Having kept information like this has been nothing but a pounding headache, but it should be useful so no child in the Canondom will have to go through with what I had to. May GOTT protect you.

Signed,

Artur Helfgott

Another letter came through, delivered to the pontiff's desk...

"Good Archbishop,

I am a longtime practitioner of the Voidal arts and an elf who was baptized on Atlas. I've spent decades protecting humanity from otherworldly threats. It would be a pleasure to speak with you and provide extra insight into the Void and its place within canondom.

Sincerely,

Valindra."

A Haelun'orian mage picks up her pen, sending a missive the Archbishops way.

"Good evening Archbishop,

Should you like to speak on that of the Void, I would be happy to oblige. I will accept your invite to Balian in due time.

Signed,

Cresence Sythaerin"

Kiva, whose teacher is long gone, leaving them stuck stagnant, considers this. They have no reason to not believe what is said.

Civil, peaceful, they like those terms.

This isn't a demon masquerading as an orc trying to show them something. These are.... well, they're good people right?

There's nothing to fear, right?