The Shad'Rin Official Lore Post

deathmetus

*a note in green ink is sent around Aegis proclaiming. . .*

We are The Shad'Rin

A guild dedicated to balance, knowledge, information, secrecy, espionage and freedom from oppression. We do our best to remain NEUTRAL in terms of all nations, kingdoms, towns and races however with our existence, we will always find ourselves with friends and enemies. We are not a military force but do have experienced warriors and fighters within our ranks. We use a very diverse skill set of methods to complete our missions and objectives. From stealthy poisons to brute force attacks, sneaky spying to open negotiation. We will do what ever it takes to reach our goals. Descendants of the original Shad'Rin guardians are found in every race and of every creed. Do you have the Calling of the Shadows?

Origins of the Shad'Rin

It was during the time of the 30 Year War. Iblees had shown his true self and raised an army of undead to destroy Aegis. Some of the Deamon being ashamed of Iblees, decided to hatch a plan with the Aengul to help the descendants fight Back against the Undead armies of Iblees. The Next Strongest Deamon to Iblees, Erebus and one of the strongest Aengul Sharani, began working together to create a power that would help tip the tides in the war against the fallen army of Iblees.

Erebus and Sharani both began chanting. The air began to come alive about them, crackeling with the power the two were conjuring. Both chanting incantations in unison, the clouds began turning to a swirling vortex above them. It kept turning faster and faster until finally when the storm had seamed to reach its climax, a black lightning shot forth from Erebus' hands and a white light shot forth from Aeriel's hands. The two powers combine between the Erebus and Sharani with a violent impact like thunder without sound. In an instant the clouds had stopped swirling the wind stop blowing and it had seamed if every thing that just had happened was imagined. But before them was an anomaly of the likes which had been seen before. It was light yet at the same time dark, transparent yet solid with murky shapes swirling all around it. What they saw before them was what can only be described as a sphere of shadows.

Erebus and Sharani then sought out the most unbiased hearts and souls in all the land and gathered them together in a remote secret location still unknown to any mortal to this day. Rumor has it, it was another dimension much the same as our own. Erebus hugged his sister Sharani in embrace for the last time. In tears, Sharani teleported herself away from the realm. What happened next was the birth of the first Shad'Rin. Erebus gathered the group of mortals in a circle around the Shadow Sphere and began to chant incantations. The Shadow Sphere began glowing a dark blue color as Erebus raised his hands together toward the sky. Chanting his final incantation, lightning bolts from every direction stuck his hands. It was so bright the mortals standing in attendance had to shield their eyes. When the lightning stopped and the light began to dim, the mortals lowered there hands to reveal Erebus holding a molten fiery hammer. "I name you mortals the Shad'Rin, Guardians of the Balance, those touched by Shadows. Do what you must to protect Aegis, at any cost." Erebus then swung the hammer in a deadly arc toward the Shadow Sphere.

Upon impact the Shadow Sphere shattered sending shards flying in every direction with extreme velocity. The mortals all began crying out in horrifying agony as the shards making contact, seared their way into their flesh rendering them unconscious from unimaginable pain. Upon regaining consciousnesses, the Mortals touched by the fragments Shadow Sphere awoke to the smoldering pile of Erebus' robes where he once stood and a world completely changed. Erebus had sacrificed his Immortal life to give these chosen the power to fight back against the Fallen Iblees. The Shad'Rin looked around at one another and noticed that every one of their eyes was glowing blue. They then looked at there surroundings to see the realm completely transformed by thee release of this amazing power. Strange tall black creatures with glowing eyes walked around aimlessly and giant flying creatures flew over head, also black with glowing eyes. They then began to notice things about them selves as well. Increases in every ability, sight, smell, strength, endurance, hearing and more. They seamed to be able to blend with shadows seamlessly making themselves all but disappear. They would not be able to fight Iblees' army head on with these new found powers but they would be able to cause chaos and confusion and begin to change the tides of battle in their favor.

Finally after the 30 years of war, the struggle had ended. With Iblees banished by the Aengul and Deamon and balance to Aegis restored, the Shad'Rin felt lost. They eventually went back to their own races and began to live their lives anew. They became Blacksmiths, Merchants, Farmers, Guards, Messengers and many other common professions. Many of them went on to get married and eventually procreate. The Touch of the Shadow along with was passed down through the generations laying dormant until the day balance would be threatened once more and the Shad'Rin would once again rise from the shadows...

Recent Shad'Rin Activity

With the the world once again threatened by the resirection of Iblees and his undead army, those with the calling of the Shadows have again began to rise and join forces to protect the balance. More descendants of the original Shadow Touched are found everyday, growing the ranks and power of the Shad'Rin. A keep has been constructed near The Merchant Nation of Alras on Kings road as a base of operations where the Shad'Rin lay in wait growing their power, biding their time and waiting for for the event foretold in ancient Shad'Rin Scrolls.

We are now officially recruiting again. We have gained members in the past few months ((weeks)) and have begun to build up our guild and leadership as a whole. There are some who say we are villains or untrustworthy, but do not be fooled. We are loyal to the people of Aegis and have their best interests in our hearts. We wish to help Aegis achieve a balance so that we may have peace. Many times we must do so by doing acts that may be considered harmful or even evil, but our goals are true and our intentions pure.

If any of you wish to help Aegis achieve true balance join us. . .

((We have our own website to run the guild as secretly and as efficiently as possible. There will be a link if you want to join as well you need to fill out the other app that will be posted in a separate thread along with extra information. That thread is all ooc for anyone who is not a member of the Shad'Rin and I ask that you treat it as such. This post is for base Lore and information for the GMs as well as those who wish to know more about us. If you have any questions that you would like answered do not hesitate to PM me and please do not start any flame wars or attack me directly on these posts. I wish to keep these posts uncluttered for the sake of my fellow members as well as any staff who would like to view these posts. This is also where I will make public announcements to Aegis so come back here for IC information. Thank you for listening and stay tuned for more. I also hope that Petyr would consider putting this guild on the Wiki list and have a page as we are very active and have been a part of many of the last few major events.))

*A notice is posted around Aegis in green ink*

The Official Stand of the Shad'Rin on Guilds, Clans, and Groups

We as the Shad'Rin are a guild ourselves and understand that guilds are important to the growth and protection of Aegis. However guilds need to be maintained so that they are not copies of others that already exist and are unique to the growth and development of Aegis as a whole. Guilds that are created to merely promote ones own needs at the expense of many others or are merely there to create a splinter in the world of Aegis must be rid of.

We also know of a force that many have known for years that has gone and destroyed many small guilds and towns that in their eyes merely broke up the unity of Aegis. We do not entirely agree with the way this has been achieved. We promote balance and unity among both those who fight for the purity of the land and those who seek to corrupt it. We seek only to balance these powers so that all can have equality in the powers of this earth.

We do not seek to destroy true and honorable guilds nor do we seek power in forms of control or dominance. We seek only to get rid of power and control where it unbalances the world and does not allow for every man, woman, and child of this earth to have a free life and a free will to live as they please. . .

*a letter is sent on a black and grey raven to the 5 nations and to the Ascended and Teutons*

The Shadow Treaty

If it pleases the lord of this world we ask for the signatures of several key leaders for pardon and for help in the coming storm of Fire and Ice. We are the Shad'Rin as many may know. We are neutral as we can be to the Nations of the World, but we are not official truly in the eyes of the laws of the Kingdoms of Aegis. For this we ask for pardons and signature of leaders that we have seen to rule this land for a promise of neutrality to our clan.

To the Lords of Oren in the fields and mountains of the North. A nation that is ever changing and ever is at death's door of the North. We ask for the signature of your King and Seneschal for a promise of neutrality so that we may continue to help you in your fight against the undead.

To the Warlords of the Orc Nation, strong in battle and true in their honor. The nation of sand and stone in your mighty cities. We ask for the signature of your Rex and if you need proof of our intentions we are willing to duel you honorably in your choice of battle so that we may call you brothers in the struggle against the undead.

To the Masters of the Smiths in your glorious halls of stone. Your people of great honor, and great ale. We ask for the signature of your King and your Lord Marshall so that we may continue to be graced with your support, and we may serve you battle against the most foul undead.

To the Princes of the Woods ever living, ever wise. We ask for the signature of your High Prince and your HighBorn so that we may continue to protect the forests of your people against those who would destroy the natural beauty that your father Malinor did give to you.

To the Adventerous Merchants of Kal'Aras whose very prescence we live near every day. We ask for the signature of your High King sp that we may continue to trade with your people and help your nation ever grow more prosperous.

To the Council of the Ascended ever blessed by Aeriel's grace. We ask for the signature of the Council so that we may continue to serve the light of Aeriel against the coming darkness of the undead hordes.

And to the Generals and Soldiers of the Teutonic Order, ever growing in your power ever helping in our struggle. I ask personally that you Gauis Marius please sign with your OrdensMarschalls of your order so that I may help your Order in what ways I can and that we may someday see the goals of our dreams be fufilled.

I ask as humbly as I can, as the man I am. Please do not judge my Clan harshly as we do our best to see a true New Aegis and a new Golden Age be reached. If you would sign I will do my best to see your lands flourish and your Nations strong. however if you do not sign no harm shall come to you. Our Clan is neutral no matter what to others we only ask for the same be done to us. All we ask is a pact of safety so we can continue to do our good works.

I do not boast of power nor of might that I do not posess. I merely offer my services to your Nations and Orders so that the people of Aegis may see the darks days through to a new life. I am here for the people and will serve them in any way I can. If you would but sign, not to other nations, but to my Clan I will prove my worth to you and the people of OUR land.

Signed Respectfully,

Har'Shadin, true Lord of the Shad'Rin, Anonymous

*at the bottom is the seal of the Shad'Rin*

((I also ask that this may be moved to the Roleplay section as this is for public Roleplay of the leader of the Shad'Rin to those outside of it. And I also ask that only those mentioned in the letter respond to it unless they are speaking with permission by that person in their stead))

Walks upon the treaty laid out on a table and signs it, also noting that he wishes to meet this fellow

- Signed,

Hochmeister Gaius Marius

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.