Laurelin Vanguard - Recruiting!

Aerinyes

I agree with most of this, other than resisting arrest (when they run away). I would think that people would see as bloodied up hunters rather than people who fight for the peace, if any event were to occur this way.

Unfortunately, if it's not in there then we become absolutely ineffective, because at the end of the day "what are we going to do about it".

That was the main reason I had to write those.

You can't just ask someone to go to jail and then be like "Ok, nevermind then" when they say "No".

Our job as law enforcement is to enforce the law, not make friends.

If you want to do the popular thing your in the wrong place.

Unfortunately, if it's not in there then we become absolutely ineffective, because at the end of the day "what are we going to do about it".

That was the main reason I had to write those.

You can't just ask someone to go to jail and then be like "Ok, nevermind then" when they say "No".

Our job as law enforcement is to enforce the law, not make friends.

If you want to do the popular thing your in the wrong place.

True, but I'm trying to avoid the discontent others had with the wardens, not to have the Vanguard rise in it's popularity standings. We don't want to get mixed up again, with another 'Rebel Coalition', much like Caden's.

OOC:

MCName: DeathSlayers

Forum Name: Farmtrap

Timezone: GMT 1+

Time spent weekly on LotC: 5-40 Hours depending on mood, schoolwork, hollidays etc.

Method of contact: Just pm me on lotc official website. If it's fun in Vanguard, i might give out my email.

Guild Experience: I have created a few guild of my own in other games/servers. Joined a few. Tried to make my own here. But this would probably be my only decent one here.

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? I have played for like a month here. Then i quite and started again. So i know how to Rp pretty well, and i can differ between IC and OOC. I have done RP combat aswell, and i have participated in a few wars, so I would say im a decent Rplayer.

In Character:

Character Name: Lorian

Race: Dark Elf

Combat Experience: I have fought alongside different militarys in the wars against undeads. I have slayed many of the peace disruptors on the road. I prefer the use of bows, as I do not see any clear advantage anymore of using a sword. I am a decent fighter, but by far, not the best.

Other Skills: Bows would be my main skills, i am relatively weak with the sword, but always keep on incase of an emergency. I am good at finding ways around castle walls, i have also had experience with farming, although building fine structures, are not one of my strong points.

Short Bio: I love the nature, and i feel a great need of protecting it and its peace. Therefore i loath the undead. I do not believe more reasons are needed. Most of my time, i spend on scheming plans on how to most efficiently breake the undeads.

Recite the Vanguard Creed:

I will always protect Malinor.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear.

True, but I'm trying to avoid the discontent others had with the wardens, not to have the Vanguard rise in it's popularity standings. We don't want to get mixed up again, with another 'Rebel Coalition', much like Caden's.

I understand this completely, which is why I believe these rules should be posted in plain view.

You can't be a rebel if your doing what is required of you for your position.

The reason the wardens had the problems they did was because of an extreme disagreement with them and the council. Not how they were handling things otherwise.

OOC:

MCName: benpowell987

Forum Name: benpowell987

Timezone: GMT

Time spent weekly on LotC: several hours a day

Method of contact: email: [email protected] TS : benpowell987

Guild Experience: leader of a rebellion, that attracted many within days, Been in some as a subordinate, getting premoted quick,

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? Other RP servers: created several successful factions going from 1 member to 52 in few days such as 3, or 4.

In Character:

Character Name: Ben Powell

Race: Human

Combat Experience: A leader of men, The best Swordfighter many have ever seen, a great marksman, but weakest with an axe or stave.

Other Skills: Blacksmithing, Or armour and weapon repairs.

Short Bio: I was part of the oren guard, before a betrayal, In which i was deemed a trator. i faught against curruption, of the current guard. and led a band of rebels, on a guarilla type war, In which many from both sides died. after a while, i fled, to the far untouched west, to train myself further, then, coming back to aegis, ( as i went so far east, i deemed it ''not longer in aegis'' ( went to another server ) ) Stumbling across al khazzar in its present state, i felt guilt, and remorse feeling as if i hadn't killed as many guards as i had, it would still be free, the undead on my tail, i found myself in Laurelin, A safe haven for myself, even in times where the humans, orcs and dwarves reject me due to my ex-status, the elves pretected and aided me. and in turn after the fall of alkhazar, and my status of a ''rebel'' has been disbanded, i feel it is my duty to pretect this city with my my last dying breath.

I will always protect Malinor...

I will never except defeat...

I will never leave a fallen comrade...

I will never quit...

So help the grace of Malin, I swear...

MCName:

Forum Name: Aerolus

Timezone: (In Relation to GMT)-600GMT

Time spent weekly on LotC: Monday-Friday ~4-10PM Saturday-Sunday ~All day.

Method of contact: My email is [email protected]. You could also message me on the forums, and I will most likely get it.

Guild Experience: None, sorry. I learn quickly, though.

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? None, sorry. I learn quickly, though.

In Character:

Character Name: Aerolus

Race: Elf

Combat Experience: I can fight well with a bow, and I am decent with a sword. Unarmed I am pretty worthless though.

Other Skills: I can do whatever you need me. I can craft mostly anything, and I know where to find supplies.

Short Bio: My father was a Vanguard, and I wish to be just like him. He sent me off to the Academe, but after two years he was killed, and I ran back here. I wish to avenge his death by taking his place in the Vanguard.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear it.

MCName: VerbotenDonkey

Forum Name: Mairthil

Timezone: (In Relation to GMT) -5.00

Time spent weekly on LotC: Around 20 hours a week. Fluctuates depending on my workload or free time.

Method of contact: I'm easiest to reach on IM but you wish for me not to post it so I won't. Forum PMs are fine, I'm on the Forum almost once every hour I'm awake.

Guild Experience: None in LoTC.

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? This does not pertain to Minecraft, however I am a Colonel in REDD Army of the Forerunner Conflict, which is a military war simulation over Halo Reach. I would count this as a major roleplay, we do a lot of military roleplaying online. Text roleplaying, I was a part of The World of Tur, a medieval roleplay forum over the internet. There was some military/Army roleplaying there, battles between Nations and the like.

In Character:

Character Name: Mairthil Il'sth.

Race: Elf, subrace Wood Elf.

Combat Experience: Mairthil has not left Laurelin in his entire life, so he knows no combat. However, now he is departing from the City and ready to fight. He has some standard skills in Archery thanks to a target set at home, however his family was poor for most his life, being composed of simple carpenters, so he never had the luxury of owning weaponry.

Other Skills: (Blacksmithing, Forestry, ect.) Forestry is the main skill Mairthil is working into, since good lumber can save anyone from a rut.

Short Bio: The Undead seem to be launching a major assault onto Aegis; word of this worldy event has reached even Mairthil's sheltered ears. He is afraid for his Princedom, afraid that the Undead will turn to the Forests next to attempt to blight his home. He knows the Undead targeted the King of Oren, and now he fears they may do the same to Malinor. Mairthil is willing to place his life on the line to defend the only things in life he knows.

I always protect Malinor.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear it!

OOC:

MCName: Bgrove

Forum Name: Bgrove

Timezone: EST

Time spent weekly on LotC: 10-20 Hours

Method of contact: Forums and Email

Guild Experience: I have been in a couple small guilds

What is your Roleplay Experience? I have been on LOTC for about four months and have role played in world of Warcraft for about a year

In Character:

Character Name:Maeglin_Calmcacil

Race: Dark elf

Combat Experience: I am strong with a sword, but i lack with a bow.

Other Skills: I am good at farming and hunting

Short Bio: I wish to join the Vanguard to keep my home land safe, For years i have seen innocent people die by the hand of the undead... I come to take a stand. My duties will always be completed wholeheartedly i will fight for my lives,the lives of my people, and avenge my family God rest their souls... Now don't be fooled i am not the strongest, fastest, smartest, or most skilled but i am willing...willing to fight side bye side and i would be honored to fight next to the vanguard in battle...

I will never quit.

MCName:

nathandk

Forum Name:

Albirich

Timezone:

GMT -5

Time spent weekly on LotC:

5-15 hrs, mostly on weekends, more on holidays

Method of contact:

Pm me on Forums or just visit me at the darkwood inn.

Guild Experience:

None :(

What is your Roleplay Experience?

I have been on this server for a couple of weeks now and know how to RP pretty well. I know the difference between IC and OOC and have never metagamed or powergamed before.

In Character:

Character Name:

Albirich

Race:

Wood Elf

Combat Experience:

I have a good amount of expierience against monsters and have killed a fair share of them. I have battled a few people 1 on 1 and won some and lost some. I have never actually fought in a large scale war before but i am willing to partake in one if one arises.

Other Skills:

Blacksmithing (10) Lumberjacking (15) Wrestling (10), Mining (15), others rather untrained

Short Bio:

I Am more of an archer (20) than a swordsman but i am still learning swordsmanship (15). I am currently living at darkwood in which is just a little bit away from a vanguard outpost. I have a completely clean record. I only kill if provoked or if ordered to do so.

I feel that, due to the recent undead attacks as well as threats from rogue thieves it is necessary to protect that of which is mine and of fellow elves. I was brought up learning that every elf that does not hinder society is a friend, and i wish to protect all my friends in the great city of Laurelin. That is why i feel it necessary to join the Vanguard. I am not the strongest, or the fastest, the stealthiest, or the most strategic person in the world of aegis, but i am willing to serve, willing to protect, willing to take orders, and most of all i am loyal to the great nation of Malinor and also to the great city of Laurelin.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear

I hope you all recieve Malin's Blessing.

OOC:

MCName: Putipmup

Forum Name: Kendra

Timezone: Central Standard

Time spent weekly on LotC: No specifics, but, lets just say, a lot >.>

Method of contact: Email & Forums

Guild Experience: I was a mayor of a huge village, Sword of the Wild, 'til the undead destroyed it >.>

What is your Roleplay Experience? I have roleplayed on a lot of servers, and I have been playing LotC since July of 2011

In Character:

Character Name: Kendra

Race: High Elf

Combat Experience: Expert Bowman, Pro Wrestler

Other Skills: Acrobatics, Charisma/Charm, Stealth

Short Bio: When Kendra was young, her family died of an Orc raid, except for her and her brother, but her brother died recently due to undead.

Recite the Vanguard Creed: I will always protect Malinor.

i will never leave a fallen comrade.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malinor, I swear

*edited*

OOC:

MCName: Putipmup

Forum Name: Kendra

Timezone: Central Standard

Time spent weekly on LotC: No specifics, but, lets just say, a lot >.>

Method of contact: Email & Forums

Guild Experience: I was a mayor of a huge village, Sword of the Wild, 'til the undead destroyed it >.>

What is your Roleplay Experience? I have roleplayed on a lot of servers, and I have been playing LotC since July of 2011

In Character:

Character Name: Kendra

Race: High Elf

Combat Experience: Expert Bowman, Pro Wrestler

Other Skills: Acrobatics, Charisma/Charm, Stealth

Short Bio: When Kendra was young, her family died of an Orc raid, except for her and her brother, but her brother died recently due to undead.

Recite the Vanguard Creed: I will always protect Malinor.

i will never leave a fallen comrade.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malinor, I swear

Malin's Blessing.

~Kendra, Peasant

OOC:

MCName: Lord_Zack

Forum Name:ser duncan

Timezone: (In Relation to GMT)

Time spent weekly on LotC: 5 hour's

Method of contact: (email, Forum PM, ect, but please no social networking, or instant messenger, if you don't wish to disclose email and Forum FM is not available, put /t) /t

Guild Experience: i was in the white raven's and a page of galahar but left

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any?

i was a page

In Character:

Character Name: Duncan_Amell

Race: elf

Combat Experience: i was at galahar in orc attack's and undead attack's and im good witha sword but i like the bow better

Other Skills: (Blacksmithing, Forestry, ect.) im good at farming

Short Bio: (Explaining why your character wishes to join) Duncan want to help keep Malinor safe from any kind of attack and he think's the vanguard's will do that and he help old high-prince native work on there main base

Recite the Vanguard Creed: (Copy and Paste won't work , don't worry its, short.. but you'd know that if you read the post)

i will always protect Malinor.

I will never except defeat.

I will never quit.

OOC:

MCName: Pylou7

Forum Name: Pylou7

Timezone: Eastern Time Zone

Time spent weekly on LotC: About 10-15 Hours a week

Method of contact: http://www.lordofthe...r/32139-pylou7/

Guild Experience: Nothing

What is your Roleplay Experience? I have been on many roleplaying servers such as Kingdom of Aeonis. I participated in a racial war between all races. The alliances were Dwarves,Elves,Humans, and Templar. Everyone else was against each other. I was a Dark Elf at the time. Many of my kindred fell during that war. I was captured and eventually purified into an Elf.

In Character:

Character Name: Thalibard

Race: Elf

Combat Experience: I was part of the Military in my home Village. They sent me out to hunt,scout out for enemies, and kill if necessary.

Other Skills: I am an excellent archer. I am a pretty decent cook and a mediocre fisher.

Short Bio: After a long and weary journey I reached Laurelin. I was tired but I walked through Laurelin anyway. As I walked I saw a sign to join the Laurelin Vanguard. I decided to try so I can protect the Elves and anyone else in need. I expect that being in the Vanguard will be difficult but I don't care, I just wish to protect the good lands of Aegis. I plan to help scout out lands and defend The Elves and anyone else in Need.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malinor, I swear it.

"Malin's Blessing"

OOC- Sorry I've been off, I will probably get back on in about a week max. My computer had malware and is getting fixed.