Magic Canon Part I:

Like I mentioned in the Q&A the next part we intend to work on is taking people's magic idea suggestions and deciding what among those to make canon or deny. It might be that we deny all of them, but if any are accepted they will certainly be added into the canon.

Odds are the next thread, Part II, will be about any of these suggestion/ideas that we accept. If we do not accept any, then we will probably skip over that and proceed to the next phase. In this case Part II might address the Plug-in, or (more likely) how spells should be RPed to prevent powergaming. That is something I think is incredibly important for the player base to have.

If you have something else you would like to see in Part II or any of the Parts that will follow it, feel free to make them and we will see what we can do!

Pretty good. I drop my concerns. Pro Tips from a Druid-

Remember that the Aspects are literally nature, instead of saying "The Aspects were created," you might try "With the creation of nature came the Aspects, the conciousneses of nature itself." Malin didn't decide that the Aspects are important, but rather nature itself. Actually, it wasn't Malin who origionated the Druids, but rather by persons unknown who were contacted via dream by the Aspects. Our lore designate that person as a young girl, but that lore is actually inaccurate (for the luls and good RP) so the founder of the Druids is actually hailed as Respiren, who in lore, revived the Druids from their extinction.

Other than that, better than expected. Good job ;)

<3

We are not turning this one into an argument friend, alright? I did not say you were or anything just a heads up. To both sides I add.

Excellent Blawharag. Very nice job indeed.

We are not turning this one into an argument friend, alright? I did not say you were or anything just a heads up. To both sides I add.

Excellent Blawharag. Very nice job indeed.

Step 1: Wait for Ouity to respond to an M-Team post.

Step 2: Assume he's trying to start an arguement.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit.

Can we please just assume that when I point out small things to look out for when writing about Druid lore in an attempt to be helpful, that I'm not going for nuclear-bomb-badger350.jpg

but for

two-cute-animals-cute-fox.jpg

Forgive me. :)

There's nothing to forgive <3

I am pleased with how it turned out, regardless of hiw nit-pickey I am, it was actually very enjoyable to read ;)

THOSE FOXES, TOO CUTE. AND THE PHOTO IS TOO BIG.

I like the lore, but hopefully, this won't entitle mages to be like, "Wel Droodz you can't say r magik is bad bcuz you haz came from same placez as us."

Hopefully nobody even knows about this lore IC, or finds out. Even if you are some awesome 1000 year old philosopher who knows everything, no one should learn about it.

THOSE FOXES, TOO CUTE. AND THE PHOTO IS TOO BIG.

I like the lore, but hopefully, this won't entitle mages to be like, "Wel Droodz you can't say r magik is bad bcuz you haz came from same placez as us."

Hopefully nobody even knows about this lore IC, or finds out. Even if you are some awesome 1000 year old philosopher who knows everything, no one should learn about it.

Even if a player did that, why would your character believe him? I could walk up to the druids right now and say "Shamanism is the proper form of magic. I know for a fact druidism is not the right way to use magic." It doesn't matter because it's my character speaking, and your character listening. The fact that each of the magical sub-groups believes so strongly in their magic just further reinforces the fact that nobody would even believe this. I would actually have more of a problem if somebody went around saying this, and the different magic groups actually believed him in-character. Your character has no reason to believe what this random person is saying, the druids have spent hundreds of years with these beliefs, why would they just suddenly change their ways based on some random hobo walking into their grove and proclaiming that "All magic is the same!" That's like saying you would walk down New York City streets and believe the guy with the cardboard box hanging from his neck screaming.

Well it is true that it won't really matter if no one believes him. I am afraid others will believe the random hobo screaming something ic then it actuallys has an impact IC. While the Druids believe that they are apart from all the other magic still, their word would have no more credibility because everyone already believes what the hobo is saying.

But, I think for this to happen there would actually have to be proof, which I don't really know you could prove there is a main magic source in character...

My question is now, is there any possibilities of this lore surfacing IC? I have already read that you guys plan on not having this known in character. Does that mean anyone who mentions this IC we can just assume is power gaming?

Still waiting for a response to the sticky request :razz:

@Kairu

That all really depends on who is saying what. If they copy-pasta the lore, odds are they are powergaming. However there are conceivably some situations where a determined someone could learns pieces of this over time and research. If you look at it basically, much of it can be implied and gathered by speaking to the archtypes and reading accounts of various ruins back in Aegis.

@Ouity

Your suggestions regarding druid lore will be taken into consideration. At the moment however we will try to move forward with our work and tackle the next subject (Ironically enough being suggestions for magic lore) and hope to cover more ground before we begin considering making amendments to the Origin story. However once we finish all the ground work I intend to make a medium for people to make suggestions to change established lore or add new lore and then I expect to see your ideas there.

@Ouity

Your suggestions regarding druid lore will be taken into consideration. At the moment however we will try to move forward with our work and tackle the next subject (Ironically enough being suggestions for magic lore) and hope to cover more ground before we begin considering making amendments to the Origin story. However once we finish all the ground work I intend to make a medium for people to make suggestions to change established lore or add new lore and then I expect to see your ideas there.

Always a pleasure to try and help. :)

Sticky request denied ;)

Bit seriously once you come out with an OFFICIAL post bout it post it in history area so new players can see.

...This is an official post. The OP is canon. I am confused by what you mean exactly Hiebe? Are new players now unable to view the Lore forums? Do you now have to be a member of the forums for X amount of time before this forum becomes visible?