[OOC] Guide to Damage [PVP]

Akeron

Random use of PVP is HIGHLY frowned upon, and can even get you banned. Most players have two chances, or warnings. Always use PVP with a mixture of RP (Roleplaying).

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Weapons

Sword's take the bait as the best melee weapon somebody could use.

Bow's are the Second best, with a high percent of range.

Axe's are the Final attacking weapon, and are not commonly used.

Unarmed isn't really a common form of attack, but some say it is.

Except, this server has Skills, which provide great boost in fighting! So lets compair each skill when you'ved maxed out everything...

Swords - Has no difference, just has some chances to parry other incoming swords.

Axes - Has a 100% chance of Doubling it's damage at 1000, that means its 2+ hearts stronger than Swords. This only applys when Axes and Swords are at the same level. When they are both beyond 100%, Axe's are unstable, but can do more damage on occasion, and less damage on occasion.

Bow's - Is no different, 1 - 1000 has absolutely no effect.

Unarmed - Has a 25% chance of disarming your opponit. That means if your enemy has a diamond sword, and you have fist, you can hit him, and he drop's his sword. You've also got a 1 + more damage heart buff, with a grand total of 1.5 Heart's taken each hit, with a 25% chance of disarm. Many new players use Unarmed due to lack of material...

alot of this is awfully thought out, so just go

Here

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Weapons

http://lordofthecraft.net/wiki/index.php/Stats#Unarmed

to solve it yourself.

Overall,

High level ----

Axes > Swords

Axes > Bow's

Axes > Unarmed

Axes = Axes

Swords < Axes

Swords > Bow's

Swords < Unarmed

Swords = Swords

Bow's < Axes

Bow's < Sword's

Bow's < Unarmed

Bow's = Bow's

Unarmed < Axes

Unarmed > Swords

Unarmed > Bow's

Unarmed = Unarmed

Medium level

Axes = Swords

Axes = Bow's

Axes > Unarmed

Axes = Axes

Swords = Axes

Swords = Bow's

Swords < Unarmed

Swords = Swords

Bow's = Axes

Bow's = Sword's

Bow's > Unarmed

Bow's = Bow's

Unarmed < Axes

Unarmed < Swords

Unarmed < Bow's

Unarmed = Unarmed

Starting out

Swords > Bow's > Axe's > Unarmed

Axes cap at 75% to do double damage(critical) at 750 skill. It flat out says this in the official guide.

Also, you seem to not be taking the bows range into account.

Technically, the bow wins over all other forms of attack so long as the archer is smart enough to continue on the move, and his pursuer's don't use tactics.

So, it'd probably be good to list that this is damage wise, not tactic wise.

Edit: Also, I'm fairly sure bows get a higher chance and longer length on ignite as you level up, so "1-1000 no difference" isn't true.

I see your point, but yes, it is a guide to damage, not technique's. The title of it is

Guide to Damage.

And 1-1000 really is, check the wiki. It doesn't cap at 75% either.

I see your point, but yes, it is a guide to damage, not technique's. The title of it is

Guide to Damage.

And 1-1000 really is, check the wiki. It doesn't cap at 75% either.

I forget where, but I know for FACT I've read that it caps at 75%

So after the initial level, someone who is unarmed will have a greater chance of victory than someone with a sword? Hmm.. can't say I'm sold.. no matter how skilled someone is with unarmed combat it is no match for a sword.

I agree with wignut, fists do not beat a sword. you may be able to disarm a swordsman, but chances are the swordman in question has more than one sword.

(at least I do)

Damage is far less important than strategy, and the best strategy is surprise, or range.

Summary:

bows > your ability to survive

You need to take into account some of the passive mcmmo abilities as well, and average their damage over the chance to be inflicted to gain a more accurate picture. Bows have a chance to ignite, swords to cause bleed etc

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

There are also armor set bonuses (not sure they are working ^.^) :

Unclothed gives a bonus to unarmed

A set of leather armor (ranger set) increases damage from the bow

Crouching/ sneaking - increases damage

With these taken into consideration, I would say the elves and their bows have the greatest potential to inflict damage, though their style requires greater skill and by far the most difficult training (aiming, especially with any lag is terribly difficult)

Perhaps you think, I am exaggerating. To illustrate;

At archery 1000, a sneaking ranger, well equipped would have:

* An effective range of 50 blocks

* 2 base damage

* +1 bonus damage

* +5 damage ignite chance (1.25 average)

So that's 8 damage or an average of 4.25 damage for each hit, and without a delay between firing, the ability to hit a large amount of people rapidly. In choosing the right vantage point, they can also be invisible.

Did I also mention all elves get yet another defense/attack bonus amongst trees?

picture.php?albumid=49&pictureid=389

Damage is far less important than strategy, and the best strategy is surprise, or range.

Summary:

bows > your ability to survive

You need to take into account some of the passive mcmmo abilities as well, and average their damage over the chance to be inflicted to gain a more accurate picture. Bows have a chance to ignite, swords to cause bleed etc

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

There are also armor set bonuses (not sure they are working ^.^) :

Unclothed gives a bonus to unarmed

A set of leather armor (ranger set) increases damage from the bow

Crouching/ sneaking - increases damage

With these taken into consideration, I would say the elves and their bows have the greatest potential to inflict damage, though their style requires greater skill and by far the most difficult training (aiming, especially with any lag is terribly difficult)

Perhaps you think, I am exaggerating. To illustrate;

At archery 1000, a sneaking ranger, well equipped would have:

* An effective range of 50 blocks

* 2 base damage

* +1 bonus damage

* +5 damage ignite chance (1.25 average)

So that's 8 damage or an average of 4.25 damage for each hit, and without a delay between firing, the ability to hit a large amount of people rapidly. In choosing the right vantage point, they can also be invisible.

Did I also mention all elves get yet another defense/attack bonus amongst trees?

picture.php?albumid=49&pictureid=389

Interesting, I never knew most of this.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.