We've Run Out!

_pok_

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• No Thanks [Stating Why would help me out]
    • Sure, bring it on
    • Needs more fleshing out [Have an idea? Comment.]

Event Planners, MC Names:

Myself [sparten4ever92] and I guess whatever GM/Admin/LM wants to help see this through

Event Type:

Mass Hysteria because of the loss/shortages of such a valuable resource [diamonds] would cause a panic

War when an untouched part of land is uncovered, two factions may have to go to war over the diamonds in the mine

Widespread Shortages of Diamonds

Event Date:

It would most likely last a very long time, seeing as when the diamonds are gone, they’re not coming back until a new mine is discovered. So it may last right up until the end of Asulon, who knows. As for when it starts, it could be tomorrow, or it could be a month from now. It’s really up to the playerbase.

Factions/Nations affected by the event:

I would assume that everybody would be affected by the loss/shortage of such a valuable resource in one way or another.

Event Location:

All of Asulon.

Summary:

[[so basically, we have been on this map for a fairly long amount of time [more than Aegis by now I think?] and we have managed to do quite a number on the mines in Asulon. This idea stemmed off an exchange I had with Blundermore in Teamspeak and thats when I decided to make this.]]

For nearly half a century have we lived in Asulon. We have flourished in its tall forests, hunted in its vast plains. However, what happens when these things are lost forever? That is what happened in the year 55. Miners in Asulon had gained a great wealth because of the vast amount of resources in this land. However, the rapidity with which these miners mined was astonishing. In the year 55 of Asulon, it came to many miners attention that diamonds inside the mines were becoming more and more scarce.

These miners would go back to their leaders, panicked and unsure what to do. Many leaders would demand that diamonds that were mined from then on would go directly to heavily protected storerooms, away from the public eye. Perhaps the governments of these nations would tell the people of the crisis developing, or perhaps not.

Once powerful armies would think twice about when and when not to use their precious diamonds, now that it was all but limited. They may see other factions have a large amount of diamonds, or at least a decent amount. They may target these nations as means of keeping their own armies sustained.

Workers may not work at such a hasty pace as they were once able to, now without or limited to the powerful diamond tools that they would have been supplied with before the crisis. Workers may not be able to produce for their nations as quickly for their nations.

Merchants who have a good amount of diamonds may be able to raise their prices to what they please on diamonds now that they have become so limited. This would mean that merchants would, for a time, flourish during the crisis.

This event could go in a lot of directions and a lot of events could stem off of it. These events could include;

War over the diamonds that are left.

Exploration for untouched lands, perhaps discovering a new continent or landmass altogether.

“Diamond Rushes” where people would flock to the new found diamond mines, hoping to strike it rich [California Gold Rush type thing].

I’m sure there is plenty more that the playerbase could do with this since I know how creative they are.

Concept Images/Screenshots:

None I could really provide.

Other Information:

I’m thinking about how this could go through, I know there will still be a few diamonds in circulation and in mines, but there are two ways to go about this.

1.) Leave what is there now and let them fight over what is there now.

2.) Somehow [not even sure if this is possible] remove all diamonds from all the mines in mainland Asulon.

From there after, I would guess that there could be some subevents that would stem off of this. For example, explorer type characters may try to find new islands and land masses that could hold a plentiful amount of this resource. Then, when news of this island breaks out, there may be a “Gold Rush” like event where people will flock to the island, attempting to bring themselves wealth, or nations would send people there to help sustain their own wealth as well.

If something like this [the above paragraph] were to be done, then nations may try to seize these places altogether in order to keep what little of the resource is left to themselves.

FEEDBACK[Positive or Negative], IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS are all appreciated!

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

I’m unsure how they could be involved in this, perhaps as panicked miners running about at the beginning of the event. These would be played by as actors I’d assume.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

If they were to be used, most likely actors. /

A plug-in could probably be added that makes it so when you mine a diamond, you get nothing. Probably. I have no idea honestly.

You could world edit all the diamonds into stone, might speed up the world corruption but meh.

Sounds awesome to me.

Sounds like a great way to symbolize the end of the map, a beginning of the end.

Sounds like a great way to symbolize the end of the map, a beginning of the end.

Yes, I like this. In a year, I'm sure LOTc would be thinking of a new map, and I think an insufficient supply of diamond would be a good reason to leave Asulon. Along with another problem I'm sure LOTC will throw at us. It would make the end of Asulon, if that ever happens, interesting, and important.

Yes, I like this. In a year, I'm sure LOTc would be thinking of a new map, and I think an insufficient supply of diamond would be a good reason to leave Asulon. Along with another problem I'm sure LOTC will throw at us. It would make the end of Asulon, if that ever happens, interesting, and important.

Not to mention, it doesn't just have to be diamonds. It could be other non-renewable resources as well that would force us to search for a new land.

Not to mention, it doesn't just have to be diamonds. It could be other non-renewable resources as well that would force us to search for a new land.

I agree, this would be a very good idea for the end of the map, if that time comes. End of pretty much every resource really, because I'm near sure none on the mine-able resources are renewable. Coal (We start to eat cold food/raw food) and other valuable resources.

I agree, this would be a very good idea for the end of the map, if that time comes. End of pretty much every resource really, because I'm near sure none on the mine-able resources are renewable. Coal (We start to eat cold food/raw food) and other valuable resources.

Its also a nice way to end the map without having to repeat ourselves and do another exodus running away from the Undead or something like it.

Its also a nice way to end the map without having to repeat ourselves and do another exodus running away from the Undead or something like it.

Aye us GM's were definitely not interested in running the players out but we do have a whole host of things in-store to help assist with the switch ( when the time comes )

Like, temporary access to the /fly command for builders ( to reduce those many months spent in building phases, roleplayed as if you hired workers from a "builders guild ) Don't forget - emeralds await us aswell!

Xanthos also just opened a new northern mine, which I had a few plans for but this thread got me thinkin' even more so! - kudos to you and this post for such clarity.~