Nicknames: None known.

Race: Human
Hair: medium chocolate brown,
Skin: pale white
Eyes: deep forest green
Height: 5’8
Weight: 116 ibs

Place of Residence: Arethor, New Oren
Place of Birth: A small Hamlet named Attroma.

Relatives: Kalei had a mother who is now deceased. She has no siblings she is aware of and she does not know who her father is. Kalei knows of no other family members.
Enemies: Kalei has made no major enemies yet.  
Allies: Azagath Lion III, Imperial Princess Ryder Horen-Hightower, N'guemo, Edward Tarus

Occupation: Before Kalei left for Arethor, she was a prostitute. Now she is unemployed but seeks employment.
Crafting: Kalei can sew and cook. She is skilled in creating poisons and potions from the nature around her. Other than that, she has no major crafting skills.

Appearance: Kalei is beautiful and attracts attention frequently. She has pale smooth skin and no marks on her face. Her cheeks have a soft pink to them and when she is embarrassed she blushes various shades of red and crimson. He face is flawless, not a mark or spot is present. She has long, medium brown hair that falls to her hip bones and curls softly as it falls. Kalei has big, deep intense green eyes and long eyelashes. She has a delicate female frame and that curves in the right places. She is not too tall but not too short. On Kalei’s wrists are many scars from years of self harm and on her back are many lashing scars. She has a spider bite scar on her right hand side which is recent. She has a small cross in a circle which is a unique slave mark, given to her willingly by Lion indicating she belongs to him. 

Fashion of Choice: Kalei wears a tightly fitted corset which accentuates her curvaceous body. Beneath this she wears a plain dress with red skirts. Kalei is never seen outside without her deep crimson hooded cloak.
Armour of Choice: Kalei hasn’t the need for armour.
Weapons of Choice: Kalei uses a silver dagger made from the finest diamond which she stole from the Tavern she grew up in before she left for Arethor. Kalei can use a sword but has limited ability and prefers a bow and arrow usually. She uses poisons and potions to her bidding also. 

Special Abilities: Kalei is alluring. She uses her previous occupation and looks to seduce people into doing what she requires. She is gifted with alchemy.

Alignment: Evil - She has an Evil Alter-ego named Cain who often forces her into killing and torturing innocent people. Kalei is schizophrenic.
Motivations: Kalei’s goal is to get the voices out of her head, mainly Cain’s and she will do whatever it takes to make that happen. She also wants to find a loving home; one she was deprived as a child. She hopes to have a better life.  
Disposition: Kalei looks at everything in the world with curiosity, often tilting her head. She is curious by everything and tries to learn as much as she can about it. This is because she wants to know how she can either use it to her and Cain’s advantage, or to know whether it will eventually harm her.
Outlook: Kalei has a poor outlook. She is depressed and often tries to kill herself as she believes that she is a monster. When she is shown kindness she clings to it, savouring the feeling. She believes she will die alone and empty, as this is the imagery her mother put into her head.

Religion/Philosophy: Kalei is god-fearing and law abiding. She follows faith strictly as she believes that hopefully, it will one day save her from herself.

Positive Personality Traits: Kalei, despite being a murderer, is a caring and kind individual. She is loving and polite and never takes anything for granted. She would go to the ends of the earth for someone she cared about.
Negative Personality Traits: Kalei is unstable. She is untrustworthy to her next kill, leading them to a false sense of security. She is merciless when she kills, showing no morality.
Misc. Quirks: Kalei has a very sweet voice with no strong accents. She is right handed and plays with her hair frequently when depicting a strong emotion e.g. anxiety, curiosity, bordem.
Likes: Painting. No one knows, but Kalei often painted alone in her room growing up. Kalei likes to make others happy, whether that be making them a cup of tea or travelling miles to get them a book they favour.
Dislikes: Liars, Cowards, greed, violence towards her.

Favorite Foods: Kalei rarely eats and never eats extravagant foods as she had a poor upbringing. She loves the crispness of an apple and fresh bread.
Favorite Drinks: Kalei has never tasted alcohol as her mother was strict about it growing up. She drinks water or tea.
Favorite Colors: Crimson and white.

Hobbies: Reading and Painting when she can.

Played by What Famous Person: Meghan Ory 

Theme Songs:

Crystal Castles - Not in love ft Robert Smith

The XX - Intro

History:

Kalei awoke to screaming. Sitting up she saw the moon, blood red and full in the sky and knew it was late. She looked around the tavern room for her mother but saw the bed next to her untouched. She shivered from the cold and pulled her covers around her tightly. Kalei heard the screams of her mother again and looked to the door. She knew the screams were not that of fear and the grunt of a man’s gruff voice confirmed to her that her mother was simply playing a game like usual. Kalei knew her mother liked to play the same game with many different men each night and by now she had learnt to not let it faze her.

She lay back down staring out the window and covered her ears with the pillow. She would lay awake and wondered what it was like to have a father; A constant male figure to be there when she got a splinter in her pinkie or someone to defend her when the bakers fat sloth son turned nasty. She hoped that he would burst through the door at any moment, clad in the armour of a knight and whisks her and her mother away from the dank and dark tavern. 

Instead that night, a tall man in dirty underclothes burst through the door. Kalei didn’t move and stared at him in the dark as his drunk and hazy eyes wildly searched the room. She dared to not breathe as his own breath wheezed audibly in his chest. She watched as he stumbled drunkenly to her bed and yanked the covers away from her. She began to scream and hot tears fell fresh on her pink cheeks. Before everything went black for Kalei she saw the unmistakeable figure of her mother lean against the door as she watched, evil in her eyes. That was the night Kalei turned eight.

Although she longed to know the identity of her father, Kalei’s mother never spoke of it to her. If Kalei mentioned her father it would earn her a beating. Kalei often had beatings; Slaps across her cheeks, belts across her backside, burns over the fireplace on her arms and hands. Her mother said she had the devil inside her and the beatings she received would soon rid it from her. Kalei never understood and would find solace in her imaginary friend, Cain, who she would sit for hours talking to in the mirror. Talking to Cain gave her hope and took her away from the horrors that waited for her at night when men came into her room or her mother scalded her with boiling water. In her mind Cain was her knight in shining armour and she was a princess. What little girl didn’t want to be a princess? Eventually, Kalei fell in love with her own imagination of Cain and when men came to her at night; it was Cain she imagined on the receiving end. As Kalei grew, her mother’s anger worsened. Beatings doubled and tripled and her mother would begin to talk about her in the mirror. Kalei listened to her mother scream out how Kalei was an evil b!*ch and would be punished in hell. Of course, Kalei never read much into it. She had Cain for solace and he would tell her how he loved her repeatedly.

On the morning of Kalei’s 18th birthday, Kalei lay there broken. Bruises covered her naked body and her entire body ached. She rose carefully and examined herself in the mirror feeling Cain’s loving eyes stare right back.

“You should get revenge, my love” Kalei heard him murmur. “Get revenge on the person who done this to you. Your beauty is intensified by anger, I’ve seen it”

Kalei looked up and carefully kissed the mirror, an action she frequently done to show her love for Cain. “I wouldn’t know how or where to start, My Cain. I am not strong enough.” Again Kalei felt hot tears on her cheeks. Tears she had not felt for a long time. Kalei had learnt to switch off every emotion for years and could only show said emotions to the mirror.

“You start with your mother. Fight back.”

Kalei looked at her reflection, fear and horror over her face. “How do I...”

“Think about it” Cain’s voice snapped back at her causing her to wince. “When you make your mother bread, stick sharp pieces of metal in the dough, strangle her, and stab her with a butter knife. Kill her from the inside out and watch her suffer.”

Kalei’s mind started to spin. “ I...I couldn’t. How could you ask me t...to do something like that... my mother-“

“Your mother is a w**** and what’s worse, a dumb w****. I cannot stand the sight of your body broken like this anymore. You either do this or I will go and never come back.”

Kalei screamed “No! Don’t leave me, don’t go!” and began clutching at the mirror, scratching at it wildly. Everything in her mind went quiet for the first time in her life. She could no longer hear the sound of her lovers breathing; no longer hear the gentle hum of his voice. She lay next to the mirror sobbing, her body heaving and convulsing. It had been silent for almost ten minutes when a small voice said “Then you know what to do.”

She rose and dressed quickly. She couldn’t live without Cain in her life. If he left she would be nothing; Broken and worthless.

She ran down the steps looking around wildly. The tavern was empty, the owners still in bed after their activities in the night. She padded along the sticky wooden floors to the kitchen and looked at the work surface and ingredients still out. She took a deep breath and felt Cain’s eye’s watching her like a hawk. Inhaling sharply she began to work on baking her mother’s breakfast.

Kalei jumped as her mother slammed the kitchen door open and waltzed inside. She glared at Kalei, hatred fuelling her. Kalei stared  back, her breath quickening, the ceramic bowel in her hands slipping and crashing on the floor, shattering into shards. That was when the screams of anger started. Kalei watched in horror as her mother picked up a rolling pin from the side and beat her, her own screams catching in her throat in pain. She fell to the floor, her hand catching part of the bowl. She felt her skin slice and felt the warm wetness of her blood drip down her fingers. Her mother was at her level now, tugging at her long hair and scratching her arms with her nails. Without even thinking Kalei gripped the shard of bowel in her hand tightly, and forced it into her mother’s exposed neck. With a jerking hand, she ripped the shard around, slicing open her throat.

Kalei watched, gasping for breath as the life left her mother’s eyes. She watched her body fall to the floor limp; she saw blood soak into the old wooden floorboards; she watched her mother lie still.

Kalei rose quickly. She turned catching her reflection in the window and saw Cain staring back. She saw his smile. She walked to the window and felt him take her hand. She felt a tongue lick the blood from her hand away (Of course, there was in fact no one there. It was only herself licking away her own blood)

“I am so proud my love” Kalei heard him whisper.

That was when there was a crash outside.  Kalei turned her head to see the tavern owners son standing at the open door leading to the courtyard, apples strewn around his feet. Kalei’s eyes stared at him wide eyed as he looked back at her in horror. They both seemed to move at the same time, Kalei running after him as fast as she could, the boy tripping over the fallen apples. Kalei tackled him to the floor, her height over him as her advantage and covered his mouth with her hand quickly before he could scream.

“shhhh please, please don’t say a word” Kalei begged, tears streaming from her eyes. It was like she could feel Cain’s icy touch on her shoulder as she heard him whisper in her ear “Kill him.”

Kalei couldn’t breathe “No...No Not him. No!” She pleaded. “He is only a child!” Her mind raced, she felt sick, and her body seemed to jolt onto of him.

“Kill him or we can never be together, Kalei. He is dispensable.”

Without thinking, Kalei grabbed a rock within arm’s reach and began to beat it against the boy’s face. She must have beaten him for five minutes straight before she looked at his bloodied mangled face. She dropped the rock, stood and raced up the stairs, bolting her door shut.

Her body convulsed as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, not recognising the person on the other side.

“Murderer” Cain snarled.

“But...You...” Kalei started but was cut off

“MURDERER” Cain’s voice screeched in her head. “You need to run. Get out of here. Go. Run away. I won’t ever leave you now. You’ll regret this you b!tch”

Kalei looked around in turmoil, voices filling her ears, screams attacking her. She clutched her head and fell on the floor, bringing her knees to her chest, sobbing. What had she done? What had she done for him?

“Sometimes I turn around and I catch the smell of you...” She mumbled, knowing he could hear her “...And I cannot go on. I cannot f*****g go on without expressing this terrible so f*****g awful physical aching f*****g longing I have for you. And I cannot believe that I can feel all this for you. And you feel nothing.” Kalei looked up at the mirror and screamed “Do you feel nothing!?”

Cain’s whisper was loud and clear in Kalei’s mind “I love you my Kalei but everything is over now. You are finished and my friends will control you. You’re Murderous w****.”

Kalei stared at the reflection long and hard. The screams in her head growing louder and then quieter, the constant buzz of voices. She stripped herself quickly, throwing her bloodied dress to the floor and putting on one of her mothers. She threw some things in a tatty leather satchel. Without looking back she ran from the dank tavern as people were finding the horror she had created. She ran and ran and ran. She couldn’t think. Tears blinded her, her thoughts were no longer her own. She came to a stop at a fork in the road and knelt down in the dirt. She picked up a sharp rough stone and dragged it down her forearm, her scarlet blood flaring quickly. Cain’s voice rang in her head “Imperfect w****! Stop! It won’t rid us!” and the screams became louder. Blinded by pain she gripped her arm tighter to her and looked above,  up at the sign above her pointing to the next city. With heavy footsteps and a dizzy head she picked herself up and stumbled in the direction of Arethor.