Race: Human    

~Description~
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150
Body Type: Skinny, very lanky.
Eyes: Deep Blue
Hair: Black Hair
Skin: Pale
Markings/Tattoos: Scar on his back prevents hand to hand fighting.
Health: Hungry... Always hungry
Personality: Magnus is a fearful man. Is weak body and scars prevent him from being a Knight like the rest of his family. He is ashamed of his build. No very trusting, but very loyal if he feels accepted.
Inventory: Scraps of Rotting Flesh from a fallen zombie. A walking stick.
Further Details: Magnus is unable to participate in many physically demanding activities such as swordfighting, lumberjacking, or mining. The scar on his back hinders his ability to fight so he tends to stick to towns unless he is with armed warriors who could defend him. Magnus is able to defend himself from say one zombie with a sword but afterwards has to rest or risks going into shock.

~Life Style~
Alignment*:  Chaotic Neutral
Deity*: None
Religion: None
Alliance/Nation/Home:  Wanderer of the Land with no specific home.
Job/Class: Aspiring Arcanist and Scholar 
Title(s): The Forgotten-One
Profession(s): None
Special Skill(s):  Magnus is rather intelligent and tries to outwit his foes rather than fight them head on. 
Flaw(s): Scar on back prevents extended Melee fighting. Can not perform many acts that involve strength in general.

~Magic~
Current Status: Aspiring to Learn
Arch-type:
Sub-Type:
Weakness(es):
Strength(s):
Current Spell(s):

~Weaponry~
Fighting Style: I wack dem wiff ma stick!
Trained Weapon: None
Favored Weapon: None
Archery: None

~Biography~
Parents: Dead
Siblings: Dead
Children: None
Extended Family: Unknown Location
Pet(s): None

~History~
    Born into riches, Magnus never new much of the lands outside of his families' island off the coast of Asulon. Magnus spent his days reading books while his six brothers were outside training their swordsmenship. Magnus' family was one with a long line of Knights. The Shadowstaff Nobles of Aeonal were tasked with defending their island and that of their king, King Mandrake. All was well until on Magnus' 23birthdate, a ship filled to the brim with Orcs landed on the coast of Aeonal. 
    The Shadowstaff's meet the invaders on the beaches. Even though the Orcs heavily outnumbered the island's forces, the experianced and well trained soldiers beat back to horde all the way back into the sea! All seem well until a shadowy figure apeared on the deck of the massive warship that lay anchored just 100 yards in the see. Magnus did not participate in the fighting due to his inexperiance with the blade, but ever other able man was on the beach. Even King Mandrake lead the final charge. Magnus watched in horror as he saw his father, Ser Henry,'s pig collapse under him. Shouting to his father he tried invain to warn him of the figure on the boat and to return to the keep! But it was too late, Magnus was too far away and his father couldnt hear him. Magnus snatched the family sword "Iopral" from its stands in the great library. This very sword was used by his great grandfather and also his namesake, Magnus the Great, during the war of the cultist tyranny that used to rule Aeonal.
    Taking the stairs in threes, Magnus made it to the courtyard as he saw the skies darken around him. Magic. He knew from his constant studies that the drastic change in weather was not normal. He had to get to the battle! The smell of salt water penetrated Magnus' nostrels forcing him to blink back tears. He made it to the battlefield as a bolt of lightning struck where his father laid. "NO!" Magnus screamed with such force that the whole battle stop. Everyone turned to stare at the lad. Eyes turning blue Magnus felt energy surge through him. He thought he was also struck but realized the origin of this feeling came from Iopral. He listened as the blade spoke to him. They struck down your father, they kill your family, they burned your village. Kill them! Magnus without thinking threw his conciousness into the blade searching for what made the voice. He found a spirit trapped, no living, in the sword itself! My name is Iopral, I am a demon who befriended your great grandfather many years ago. I was there during the construction of Aeonal. I allowed my essence to be forged into a blade, from here I can cross the planes with ease and strike at your great grandfather's foes. On his death bed I promised him eternal life if he came with me, I loved him! But I remember it very well... he layed in his bed in the same room you have Magnus. He refused my gift and instead wished that I make sure atleast one Shadowstaff lived this battle. You see he foresaw the battle that takes place now and knew that no matter what, one Shadowstaff must survive. I chose you!
    Tears streamed down Magnus' face as Iopral poured her memories into him. Magnus felt the love she had for Magnus the Great. And deep, deep down a hatred so powerful, Magnus feared he might become sucked in! Pulling back a little bit he replied "I won't let him down Iopral, I swear that I will live to continue the Shadowstaff name!"
    With that Magnus returned to his own body that stood awkwardly in the center of a massive circle. Magnus' body called out to the figure on the boat, but it was not his voice that was spoken! "Come and face me you coward! I will drink the marrow from your bones you fool! You dare attack an island under my protection? I am Iopral the Strong! Iopral the Bane of the Undead, I am Iopral and I am your DOOM!" The ground shook from the energy that rippled through Magnus.
    A laughing voice was all that was given in response before the figure teleported in a large black smoke from the boat. He then reappeared in an equally massive black cloud just ten yards from Magnus. Magnus peered into the Mist of Death, trying to spot his foe. Dashing from the clouds with what Magnus took to be a grin. The figure was a rather large Orc. He was decorated from head to toe with skulls of his fallen enemies. Axe in hand the Orc slashed at Magnus' head. Ioprol took over Magnus' mind and body and faster than any elf raised the blade in defiance. The shaman snarled at Magnus suprised by how fast the tiny man could move but it did not matter for he was Throm! Bringer of Death, Shaman of the Wandering Orcs from Opral, a much smaller island than Aeonal that is thought to be ripe with wandering monsters and ghosts. He was Throm! He survived the fall of Aegis and was not about to die to some puny human with a pretty sword!
    This time it was Magnus who struck! Magnus wielded the blade like he had thousands of years of experience with that sword. His blade licked Throm's shoulder and the Orc howled in pain! With renewed Rage, Throm drove into Magnus. His superior height and weight knocked the boy to the ground. Throm took his axe and attempted to drive it into the skull of the defenseless human who was laying at his feet. But again faster than an elf, the blade found its way into Magnus' grasp and he swung with a great force that he broke the axe from Throm's iron grip. Throm staggered back and realizing that he might actually lose summoned forth another bolt of lightning. Iopral can move fast but not faster than lightning. The bolt struck Magnus in his back leaving a smoking scar that ran down his back. Pain unlike anything that he had ever felt before assaulted him. He losted his mental connection with Iopral and laid on the beach. Bloodied and smoking, Magnus begain to lose his vision. Before everything went black he saw what appeared to be a pinkish purple figure launch from his sword that layed at his side. He watch as this figure slash her claws at Throm drawing blood. He also had to watch as Throm stuck her with his own magic. A small bolt of electricity shot from Throm's hands and drive through the Demon who he assumed was Iopral's true form. That was all he saw before the blackness engulfed him.
    Magnus awoke in a moving ship. He had no idea where he was, but he did notice a familiar pink figure standing at his side. Iopral. She appeared greatly wounded with purple blood leaking from many place in her body. She smiled at me, fangs showing and in the back of Magnus' mind he heard I did what I had to do. I killed the greenskin invaders, but I did not have enough strength. I hadn't a chance to feed before I fought. I was so much weaker than I usually am. Please forgive me for I could not do anything as The-One-Called-Throm sunk the island of Aeonal. He cast magic far greater than his body could handle and his body was turned into pure energy. His body exploded killing everyone on the island. Magnus was shocked, everyone he ever knew was dead and there was nothing he could do. His brothers, his mother. Dead. But if everyone died then how was he still alive?
    Iopral must have sensed his confusion for she answered I used the last bit of strength I had to protect you from the blast. I fear that as we speak I am being pulled into the Void. I am spent Magnus, and I will die. But you must live. Your a Shadowstaff! A Forgotten House. It is up to you to restore your family's name. Be strong young Magnus I believe in you. With that she turned into a pink cloud and disappeared into the Void.
    Magnus collected his thoughts and blinked back more tears. He knew that he had to restore the name Shadowstaff to its once great nature. He slowly rose from the cot as he heard from above "LAND HO!" It was the end of his old life he knew, but also the start of a new adventure.
~Artwork~

td117_jace.jpg