It Wasn't A Rock...

TheNander

It was a Rock Lobster!

Event Planners, MC Names: TheNander and the Structural Engineers of the Dwarven Engineering Guild

Event Type: Boss Fight

Event Date: TBA

Factions/Nations effected by the event: The Dwarven Empire of Urguan, more specifically those working out on the Fishing Platform.

Event Location: The Dwarven Fishing Platform

Summary: 

It was a good day on the fishing platform. The sky was clear, no smog. The fishermen were reeling in their fishing rods before checking their nets when they see a small ship (about 15m - 20m long) in the distance.

Spoiler Alert

The ship is headed on a collision course with the platform! The guards, stationed on the platform in case of a pirate attack, quickly run to their ballistas and begin aiming at the ship. One of the guards shout through a cone-shaped object to the ship "Alter yer course 'r prepare ta be destroyed!" The guards wait but the ship persists. "T'is be yer last warnin'! Alter yer course 'r prepare tuh get winged!" The guard waits as the ship gets even closer to the platform. "Fi--!", he begins to shout as he sees the deceased crew of the ship that is making its way to the platform. This delay costs him. The ship then crashes into the platform destroying a small section, but stopping the ship. The guards board the ship to find the dismembered remains of what looked like almost a full crew. The lifeboats are missing, some must have escaped... but from what? They explore the ship further and find a giant rock sitting on the front of the boat... but it wasn't a rock. Slowly the rock begins moving. The beast stares at the armored Dwarves for a short time before grabbing one in its claw, slapping him against the deck before biting off its head and eating him whole. The guards are in shock. "Attack!" The order to attack brings them back to the situation at hand. The guards unsheathe their arms and begin attacking, but swords and small arms seem to do little to no damage to the Giant Rock Lobster...

References:
Rock Lobster
Fishing Platform - Located off the coast of Vaerhaven in the Empire of Urguan.

Rock Lobster Lore

Other Information: I wanted to get this event approved prior to the construction of the platform, if possible.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:
Yes, Definately.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:
Actors needed to play the parts of the Rock Lobster and the Dwarven Guard that gets eaten, maybe we can even have someone play the part of the head guard that leads the others.

Builders needed to build a small ship as well as some pointers or tips when designing the platform.

My only problem would be how to figure out doing the ship moving into a collision course. I guess if the ship was small enough it might be able to be WE-ed around. 

Some lore would also need to be written up for the rock lobster I think.

I believe Mogroka made a statement about lore. Something along the lines of "If it's not helping you 'win' then it doesn't need lore." So any wacky and fun things don't require lore, like that Vonschlicten (spellcheck?) snowman receptionist. However, I will write lore for it anyway so we have it all documented and maybe a backstory so we have some information on the Rock Lobster. As for the ship, It's going to be relatively small so it could be worldedited around. It's not going to be moving too fast, just kinda cruising.

This is absolutely brilliant, and something silly like this is exactly what I'd love to see on the server. Good luck!

The video in the beginning made me want this instantly. Good luck in getting this implemented, and kudos for thinking of it!

This event proposal has been accepted! We will begin the organization process shortly.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a minor change in lore must be made. The rock lobster shell cannot be used as armor or weapons. Instead, when the beast is slain, the shell becomes brittle due to its lifelessness.