[✓] Potion Of Celerity Change Proposal

Supremacy

Potion of Celerity:

Although this potion goes by numerous names, such as the potion of agility or the potion of speed, it is all, in fact, the same concept of boosting ones natural speed and reflexes. Although only last a maximum of one hour, I have seen that these are commonly used by hunters to follow their prey for easier and soldiers to fight better. Although there are, of course, uses for these potions beyond bloodshed, they usually involve either thievery of simple parlor trickery. The Potion of Celerity is certainly one to keep handy if you need to make a hasty retreat, or perhaps for courier jobs as well. With that said, I’d implore most to think beyond the confines of “if I drink this, I’ll swing my sword faster”, and perhaps realize there is a use for alchemy beyond improving your ability to decapitate someone.

Just like the potion of healing this potion has various side effects. In this case the over exertion of muscles required to move quickly results in long term muscle damage. Individuals who use this potion more than a few times will find themselves quickly requiring more and more of the potion to get the same effect. This of course only causes the weakness to spiral out of control. It is therefore many alchemists are sparing in their use of the potion lest they use it too many times and cripple themselves all together. It is rumored more than 20 uses of this potion in one's lifetime will leave them as mobile as an old man, though this has not been tested by any daring alchemist.

Feedback is appreciated.

A good solution, however muscles are very, very good at mending. Muscle strength is literally based on how often muscle tissue is broken and mended. If anything, using it like this would make it like a steroid. It would be more proper to state that, if they use it more than, say, once an IG year, it will have permanent, enfeebling damage on the body.

I actually like it. Logical side effects, up front and further down the road. However, a lifetime by whose standards? An elf's lifetime is far more vast than that of a human. Surely after a while, say, ten years or so of not using the formula, a user can bounce back?

This topic has been approved.

Locked, awaiting move.

Move to Accepted Lore for the next stage. Please hold use till Implemented.