Alchemists Almanack And Q/a

Jistuma

Here is a list of all threads pertaining to alchemy. Users of potions purchased from alchemists should read the part relevant to the potion they're using so they know how to use it properly and without powergaming. With the new profession plugin, alchemy is a profession, and MC recipes for potions have been added and should be used by alchemists, thought it's not mandatory. This is for alchemy specifically, not herbalism. The threads for herbalism can be found in the Implemented Lore section. Remember to read the implementation post as they often have conditions and amendments in them.

================================================================

Update of the Alchemy Lore

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/123213-alchemy-lore-update/

Updated ingredients, potions and lore into a single thread.

Check this thread for potion effects, as it is more updated.

Potions detailed in here:

• Mending Potion
  • Potion of Regeneration
  • Potion of Strength 
  • Potion of Stoneskin 
  • Potion of Celerity
  • Potion of Acuity
  • Wizard's Wisdom
  • Potion of Smoke Whispers
  • Potion of Sleeping
  • Potion of Freezing
  • Waterbreathing Potion
  • Frost Oil
  • Flame Oil 
  • Fortitude Oil
  • Hair Rejuvinating Oil
  • Glue Oil
  • Alchemist's Fire 

Tales of a Travelling Alchemist
http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/62560-finished-alchemy-lore/
The original alchemy lore.

• Mending 
  • Strength 
  • Stoneskin 
  • Celerity
  • Acuity
  • Flame Oil 
  • Frost Oil
  • Fortitude Oil
  • Alchemist's Fire 
  • Wizard's Wisdom

More potions and ingredients:
http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/81776-lore-alchemy-regents-and-new-potions-for-30anthos/

• Smoke Whispers
  • Sailors Mate
  • Torch Light

Even more potions and ingredients:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/111096-daniels-plant-and-potion-book/

• Oil Glue
  • Hair Rejuvinating Oil
  • Massage Oil
  • Sleeping Potion
Edited by Jistuma

This thread now serves as a Q/A for Alchemy as well. A FAQ shall be made in this post when questions start to be made.

FAQ:

(Empty for now)

Well done with the links!

As an orc shaman,I have been looking into the effects of our ancestors use of zawabate as listed in the alchemy lore. However I have no idea what the actual item is in game. If you or someone knows what zawabate is and how I can obtain it,you be a great help to my mojo! Thanks

Well done with the links!

As an orc shaman,I have been looking into the effects of our ancestors use of zawabate as listed in the alchemy lore. However I have no idea what the actual item is in game. If you or someone knows what zawabate is and how I can obtain it,you be a great help to my mojo! Thanks

Zawabate's not currently used in the Alchemy Plugin we have here on LotC, and as such doesn't technically have an 'item'. However, using a yellow coloured flower as a representation should do for any roleplay that involves the plant. Also- by Shaman, do you mean your character is currently being taught the magic, or that he or she is simply an Orc interested in the more herb/healing part of the culture? I only ask since you're a relatively new player, and there's a chance that you're using the magic without being taught by one of our current shamans- Which is an important thing, as Shamanism is a complicated magic and is locked (restricted to all players unless directly accepted by the other Shamans) to prevent people from using it who don't fully understand it. If so, and you're still interested in learning Shamanism, i'd definitely recommend sending a message to Catarrh, the current High Shaman, who knows a lot more about the magic than me and can fill you in on how you should proceed.

How do you start off with alchemy? Is it like magic, where you need a teacher? Or is it something that'd just make the process easier? (I'm new so I don't know what to do entirely x.x)

How do you start off with alchemy? Is it like magic, where you need a teacher? Or is it something that'd just make the process easier? (I'm new so I don't know what to do entirely x.x)

As you see if you read this thread, there are a lot of threads talking about the alchemy lore. IG there are ways to learn it from someone else, and many times it's a lot more fun to do it that way. You can try to learn how to rp it on your own as well, by reading the lore posts, expecially the main one, the first one on the list, so that you can learn what alchemy is, it's symbols, it's ingredients, and so on. You may also try to place a post in the rp section, or look over the guilds in the guild section of the forums to search for a teacher or group to join to learn about alchemy in the game itself.

Also, thread updated, archemy no longer is included into the game, it is now into a profession, which means I don't know how it works yet =P Will be updated once again when I get more information.

As you see if you read this thread, there are a lot of threads talking about the alchemy lore. IG there are ways to learn it from someone else, and many times it's a lot more fun to do it that way. You can try to learn how to rp it on your own as well, by reading the lore posts, expecially the main one, the first one on the list, so that you can learn what alchemy is, it's symbols, it's ingredients, and so on. You may also try to place a post in the rp section, or look over the guilds in the guild section of the forums to search for a teacher or group to join to learn about alchemy in the game itself.

Also, thread updated, archemy no longer is included into the game, it is now into a profession, which means I don't know how it works yet =P Will be updated once again when I get more information.

Awesome! Thanks.

Quick question regarding the creation of life in alchemy.

Could a creature such as a homonuculus be created in a purer manner with the aid of a healing cleric...?

Quick question regarding the creation of life in alchemy.

Could a creature such as a homonuculus be created in a purer manner with the aid of a healing cleric...?

Not really, Homunculi is fake life in a way, and wouldn't be purer with aid of magic, as purety is about the ingredients and preperation used.

I'm assuming homonculi are more advanced alchemy secrets and not general knowledge to an alchemist?

I'm assuming homonculi are more advanced alchemy secrets and not general knowledge to an alchemist?

The are yes, very hard to make on purpose, thought trying hard enough to make strong potions and they might appear by mistake.

Could one create a homonoculous with extra pure alchemical regents as to make them have a longer lifespan...?

Alchemical creatures are not common knowledge to the alchemists, and only at least about 5 alchemists know how to make them Icly.

Could one create a homonoculous with extra pure alchemical regents as to make them have a longer lifespan...?

Homunculi lasts longer or less depending on how they are made.