[Event] The Bardic Festival Of Flowers!

HuskyPuppy

Event Planners, MC Names: TheHuskyPuppy , zblbac5

Event Type: Festival

Event Date: Any free weekend in March.

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Any/all. Its an open event for all to attend.

Event Location: Preferably near spawn, though I wasn't sure if I had to ask the monks or not. I wasn't able to get a clear answer from the people I asked.

Summary: The festival of flowers is a simple event, where all races may come to relax and mingle among one another. I chose to request this event for two reasons, one I really want to display bardic RP to the server's new and old players, secondly I feel as if this festival will give everyone a chance to display their creativity in role-play on the stage.

Concept Images/Screenshots (Coming soon)

Other Information: We will have multiple main attractions!
The rose garden theater !
Players will be able to line up and go on the large stage to display their bardic skills, or simply show off a little dance.

The market!
Yes yes, as expected this event will have a large display open for traders to rent out and sell their wares. And if possible I'd like a few unique event items to be sold here as well, perhaps a unique flower? 

AND MORE!

Also If I required the head monks permission, I'm terribly sorry and if he/she manages to see this then please post your opinions on the matter below.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes, I do.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Both actors and builders, builders to quickly and efficiently build the required stages and shops, and actors to fill the roles of vendors and bards.

The Monk Market could be used for that, changing it into the festival style (Flowers or what ever you want) and there you go. Or what ever lovation, the event looks simple enough to be done easily.

Its a really simple event, the only issue I thought with using the cloud temple directly would be the stage I mentioned.

I'm going to need more information before I can even begin to do anything else with this.

Answer these and I'll then come up with an opinion:

1) What would be the role play reasoning behind the festival? / Who would be hosting it and be the group behind it?

2) What would occur during the event? (what could the players do there to keep themselves entertained or interested?)

3) Approximately how many actors would you need for the event and what would they be for?

4) Near spawn, or within the Temple grounds, where had you thought the event to be suited best?

5) Ideally, when and what time would you wish for the event to happen?

The fact that it might be on the grounds near the Temple shouldn't be an issue, unless it interferes with any of our plans for the land.

1) What would be the role play reasoning behind the festival? / Who would be hosting it and be the group behind it?

The reasoning behind the festival in short is to celebrate the flowers blooming, consider it like a second type of valentines day.

The main host of this event would be my character Zara, a traveling bard. Several other bards will be brought in (ET Actors and other players) to assist with hosting the event as well. But any bardic characters on lotc are welcome to come and help.

2) What would occur during the event? (what could the players do there to keep themselves entertained or interested?)

During the event I'd like the stage to be our biggest draw to the players, though I'm not sure if it will do the trick. The stage is going to be open to all to come up and show off their songs and dance in RP. That aside I also hope to have the marketplace of the event be a huge draw to players, renting out shops is always adored by merchants but if we could get some unique items to be sold then, such as named instruments or possibly even a few names flowers I hope that a few people would come around and enjoy the music and dance.

3) Approximately how many actors would you need for the event and what would they be for?

To list them, I'll need around five - six, three for bards to play music and dance. and two-three others to play merchants selling the original items.

4) Near spawn, or within the Temple grounds, where had you thought the event to be suited best?

In my opinion, this event will need a decent sized area for the stage, and with that I don't know if we'll be able to do it too close to spawn, but within the temple grounds is most prefered.

5) Ideally, when and what time would you wish for the event to happen?

I'd preferably like the event to take place between the 8th of march and the 29th of march, giving us a good amount of days to choose from.

-snip-

I've read through your answers and will review them with firespirit as soon as I can. Once decided upon a decision, we'll notify you.

Snip

That was one of my original ideas, though I was a bit cautious about posting it as I wasn't sure if it would attract people.

After a long discussion between firespirit and Myself, I have come to the following conclusion:

Your event seems too focused on the actual festival idea moreso than the Bard theme, which should take priority, which means to the uninformed crowd, thats all they'll see. The fact that it would, in basic form, be a general festival would mean that your expectation of a big audience and crowd would be diminished to a smaller number. Although, since the proposal was aimed nearer spawn, you could recover a small amount from the proximity of it.

The overall idea of the Bard Festival does seem lacking in quite a few aspects. It doesn't include any primary details that separates itself from other market/festival ideas and nor does it hold much of an entertainment factor for players. You mention songs and plays, which is a good idea but appears to only be a smaller feature in the event.

If you are determined to do an event for the bards, then I suggest you reconsider your idea and convert it into something more relatable to my previous comment. If you wish to do so, then we would need a general idea of the storyline or plot of the play along with any other sub-elements that you wish to do so. Post this as a new event idea if you choose to do it.

Final verdict-

Denied

- We are only denying assistance from the ET, should you wish to carry out you original idea then you are welcome to do do without our aid. If not then follow my suggestion if you wish to.

Moved to Denied Events

Note:Player may still carry out event w/o ET's assistance.