[Magic Lore] Acid Evocation

Bucky_24

Hrm. My point still stands, it is not natural, so therefore I do not believe we can evoke it. Just like how geomancers can't create iron ingots and the likes.

I should also mention that some acids like Sulfuric Acid is formed by erupting volcanoes. So it does occur naturally. That is just one example, I bet a simple google search with show that other forms of acid are formed naturally.

Edit- I also wanted to mention, Acid Mages have been done in other games such as D&D: http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Acid_Mage_(3.5e_Class)

Granted, that is a custom class. But this is also custom lore.

2xEdit- Here is an example of what an Acidmancer can study that spawns naturally in the LotC universe: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/92842-completelore-blobs-and-oozes/?hl=slimes

An acidmancer could study oozes, then magnify their acidic nature with their alchemy knowledge. 

So really this is what we got. An Acidmancer can study and examine both Oozes AND man-made acids just like how a geomancer would study the earth or a hydromancer would study water. Only, an Acidmancer would have an even GREATER knowledge of their element as they know the chemical makeup of what acid they are trying to evoke which is something that pyromancers and electromancers DON'T know. It doesn't break evocation lore to my knowledge, and for God's Sake, we have BEARDMANCY. They are evoking testosterone into their bodies to make their beards grow. I don't see how an Acidmancer can't evoke acid into the material world.

I feel as if I was trying to write lore for evoking candy or something else that was childish, there wouldn't be a problem. We have magics that allow people to become 8 foot tall suits of armor that can only be killed by being thrown in lava, Druids who can shapeshift into crazy animals, and are at war with a corrupted DRAKE which is as strong as the Aenguldaemons. But it doesn't make sense for the LotC world to have Acidmancers.

Finally, it was mentioned that it would make Alchemists obsolete? With Acidmancy a tier 5 could summon enough acid to be like three foot in diameter as a MAX, while alchemists can make barrels and barrels of acid. Though, I used to be a regular at the local Alchemist and never saw him sell a single vial of acid. It was always Alchemist fire. Maybe we should ban Pyromancy so the Alchemist Fire isn't obsolete?

Alrighty, listen. You can /already/ do this with conjuration I believe, it does not need its own subtype. While I still feel it does not make sense, do what you please.

Alrighty, listen. You can /already/ do this with conjuration I believe, it does not need its own subtype. While I still feel it does not make sense, do what you please.

Isn't conjuration about creating living things? And it's not like I'm asking for this to get its own little slot on the Magic Plugin. It doesn't bother me if Acidmancers have to use the Water Evocation tree or something similar. I'm just attempted to get this to be cannon so other people can enjoy a new kind of magic.