Yojtuns: Abominations

TavernLich

So Basically This is Just a Quick Lore Post, Meaning There Will Not Be Fancy Pics or Fonts, Just a Quick Post:

The Creations of Yojtuns:

After the unfortunate and strange breeding of Snow Elves and a troll, an abomination was brought unto the world: the first Yojtun, otherwise known as the Snow Troll. Inheriting their elven parent's intelligence and their troll power, the Yojtun is a truly strange creation.

These creatures prefer to live by the area snowy and mountainous areas, and with an elven parent, they have managed to develop enough intelligence to speak well enough and even stay in their normal form throughout sunlight, however, with elven intelligence comes the deformed and unnaturally small build of these creatures, rising only up to around 7-9 feet long. 

Culture:

The Yojtuns believe in the power of ice and worship it as a sort of spirit of nature, believing it was how they formed. With new intelligence, these creatures have managed to realize the strength in numbers, able to form tribes and packs.

These packs follow the hierarchy listed below: 

Chief: The leader of the group, known for both wisdom and strength alike. Always challenged for the rite of leadership, most not lasting even a few elven months. They lead not through sheer power, his or hers word is law.

Priest: The spiritual leaders of the group, leading the Yojtuns in worship of the Ice, often sacrificing and tending to what they believe are the needs of the Ice.

Elders: The old and wiser of the Yojtun, not really holding a position of "political" power, but greatly respected from their experience and plump bellies.

Alphas: The warriors of the clan, often serving as apprentices for priestly hood, they are to guard and serve with utmost allegiance.

Omegas: New warriors, trained after a right of passage, chosen by a priest or elder.

New Borns: The children of the Yojtun, born in many numbers, however few survive as they are set to hunt wolves and the like to represent their power and value to the group.

Appearance:

Covered in thick, rugged fur, in evolution to the snowy environments in which they choose to live in.

Stands 7-9 feet tall, most generally getting to 8 ft tall.

Bears small, flat teeth meant for crushing.

Strengths:

- heightened intelligence

- doesn't turn to stone

Weaknesses:

- much smaller than an average troll

- weak to hot temperatures, being much more used to the cold

Red Lines:

- they are all weak to fire, no special snowflakes

- extremely aggressive to other normal trolls

- must worship the Ice, as they are born to worship and please it

Credits: Well, I read a book by Nancy Farmer Sea of Trolls so I guess I would like to give credit to her, cuz ya' know I ripped of the whole Frost Giant things (which is actually part of Norse or Viking legend, I think)

This isn't a race or subrace... just a new version of the troll that doesn't actually get screwed over in sunlight....

If one exists, how do you make more?

...why would you make more...

..elven infertility..

Pretty sure if a Snow Elf RPed mating with a troll they'd be banned.

I agree that the troll sunlight weakness is too much right now but removing it makes them little more than slightly brighter Orogs.

Well, I can't rightfully say it's a bad idea. If this isn't a subrace proposition and is intended to be solely an event creature, this looks detailed and lore-solid enough to be legitimately used. I think the only quarrel the LT would be with this would be if these trolls inherited any "mystical chilliness" like the creators of the unapproved "subrace" (now culture) claimed Snow Elves had.

Ehm... what? I don't know of any snelf that would mate with a troll.... We aren't even a subrace so... :P uhm....

I don't know what to say....

Uhm

What?

What is life?

What is going on?

But anyways..... whate de feg....

Imagine the party that Haelun'or would have with these.

"Snow Elves mate with trolls! Look at them! Look at them and laugh!"

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been voted by the LM team and has been denied. The main point of denial is the gaining of good parts of both races, and not the bad parts, and the fact that they are the offsprings of trolls and snowelves.