Race Idea (Discussion)

_Thorn

Hello, I come to you today to present my new Idea for a race, now I ask that it not be accepted or denied swiftly, I want to present the idea and get some feedback and such on it. I also ask that it not be considered a super serious idea yet, because it's not. It's just something I thought could be implemented, and could be pretty fetching cool. I've laid most of the basics out and will not go too in depth until I have more opinions and input, so here's my idea:

A Naga race, yes, the half human half snake race. It sounds cliche and right out of World of Warcraft, but I tell you it's not. There is little to none information borrowed from the World of Warcraft Naga. 

Here is the document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KJBSrGsqECuVBUS42lE5_q-Z0A3EtFb8yAwO9vGV_b4/edit?usp=sharing

Discuss and provide feedbacks pl0x.

New races aren't going to be added, it's been stated like a bajillion times.

I know, but like I said, I want feedback on just if people like the idea of such a race in the future.

I know, but like I said, I want feedback on just if people like the idea of such a race in the future.

I like the initiative but sadly there will never be another added race via staff instruction. This could easily be an event race or something of the sort, I would speak with an LM.

Perhaps it's a possibility of an exclusive race? Much like the cervitaurs and dread Knights?

We aren't implementing new races anytime soon. I would advise you alter the lore to portray the naga as a creature, which would likely mean downsizing their intelligence to that of an animal's.

I would also advise you balance each 'trait' or 'strength' with a weakness.

The naga is a concept that has been brought up in the past, but it has never been followed through with suitable lore. If you'd like to improve your chances at getting this accepted as a creature, be sure to flesh out the lore.

It's a good concept, but I do not feel another race is needed for LoTC right now.. especially with races like the Kharajyr having little to no players compared to elves and humans.

The only way such a left-of-field new race would be introduced is if we find them in a new world.

Instead of saying "No new races" please leave constructive feedback and take it into consideration of a creature as well. Thank you.

Half of people see a topic about a new race and don't even read the first post, just comment saying 'no more races'. There's your feedback.

Half of people see a topic about a new race and don't even read the first post, just comment saying 'no more races'. There's your feedback.

This. Please don't expect constructive feedback on a topic that has been brought up thousands of times, no offense.

I wasn't aware of the ideas of nagas had been brought up in the past, instead of putting it rather rudely as you did, you should explain it with a softer tone. Besides, I don't think its so wrong of me to ask for feedback on my take on nagas.

Nah, mate, we barely have enough people playing other races as it is. As a creature though, I did write lore on this snake people just not like this. Anyways that's basically it. Also, we are already way into Athera, introducing a possible new race at this stage seems to be iffy for me.One more thing, this is a WIP yes?