Rp Fighting Guide

Cyndikate

Guide on RP Fighting

​Written by Cyndikate of the Guide Team

The purpose of this guide is to teach players how to RP combat in a realistic way, and how to take RP fights in a really strategic perspective. This guide is based on my personal views and experience, and I hope to share my experiences with my readers. Despite how the guide may seem, this is not intended to be a play to win guide.

Be warned that this guide may be a bit complex. If you run into any parts of this guide that you find confusing, please feel free to ask a question.

Without any further adieu, here is the ultimate guide to RP fighting.

I. Introduction

II. Important things to know

III. Knowing your character

IV. What your character can and cannot do in a fight

V. Offense and Defense.

VI. Positioning and Situational tactics

VII. Magic

VIII. Types of Combat Methods.

IX. About winning and losing

X Dealing with Metastallers

XI. Conclusion

I. Introduction:

Roleplay fighting is very easy to learn, but difficult to master. As a seasoned roleplay fighter, you must take every situation into account and most importantly know your character’s limits and strengths. Roleplay in general, not just fighting isn't something that can be taught. The most effective way to improve your skills is by trial and error and experimenting new elements into your Roleplay style. However, I can only provide the most basic tips on how you should Roleplay effectively and how to roleplay a fight successfully.

The most important things to know when you Roleplay fighting, can be explained in just a few sentences. The list of factors mentioned below will be expanded upon later in this guide.

• Knowing your character - and understanding what he can and cannot do.
  • Understanding the current situation and how to act on it
  •  Understanding positioning and how you can use it to capitalize on your opponent's mistakes.
  • Winning and Losing - Why Losing isn't a big deal
  • Powergaming expanded.
  • How do deal with OOC conflicts.

---

Powergaming.

Before I go further in this guide, let me explain to you a very important factor for new players to understand and avoid: Powergaming.

Yes, most of you were asked this before on your whitelist applications, but I feel the need to remind you about there as there are a lot of players out there who got accepted and STILL powergame. Powergamers are dealt with the staff, who will not be very lenient. You also risk getting your magic applications revoked if you have any. And even if that doesn’t occur, powergaming and bad roleplay can damage your image as a player and can alter how others percieve you which can overall affect your game experience unless you improve. Word will go around that you’re a powergamer, resulting in a bad reputation. Some players are nice enough to point out your mistakes and will choose to not report you. Many players will not have the same degree of tolerance for powergaming unless you’re a new player.

So if you don’t want to get ban reported, or risk your reputation, you should read the following. Feel free to look at the New Player Guide again: Link Here

Powergaming can be defined in two ways.

1 - Forcing an action onto another player's character and not giving them a chance to react.

An example of this here would be -

Charlie lunges a sword into Steve's chest, killing him.

In this emote here, Charlie forced the kill onto Steve, without giving him a chance to react. Imagine yourself in Steve's position. Imagine Charlie deciding the outcome for you? You wouldn't find Charlie to be enjoyable to RP with, would you?

2. Powergaming can also be defined as performing actions that a normal person would not be able to do, making your character more powerful to the point where it's virtually impossible for any normal being to perform such actions. Or performing powerful actions without consequence. This is also called Godmodding. I have a lot of examples of this

• Being able to detect an attack from behind.
  • Swimming in armor.
  • being able to wipe armies with a single finger.
  • Dodging attacks when your legs are severed.
  • Being a ten foot tall Orc and sprinting at fast speeds.
  • Backflips

One of the most common reasons players powergame or try to make their characters appear more powerful than they should be is because of their desire to win RP fights. Other reasons may include so much attachment to one’s character that they feel as if their characters are the main character, and feel entitled to winning.

Everyone wants to win at something. We live in a society where we are raised to compete with others. It's always good to be competitive once in awhile. However competitiveness is not something that should be applied in RP. Roleplay isn't about winning or losing, or having the best character or the best loot, it's really more about playing your character and collaborating with other players in storytelling.

My advice to you is: Don't enter RP fights mindset on winning. Don't ever try to win in RP fights and at the same time, don't try to lose either. Sound like I'm contradicting myself? What I'm really telling you guys is go with the flow and chill. RP in a way that would logically make sense. Play your character, regardless of the outcomes. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. Either way if both sides have fun, everyone wins.

III. Knowing your character

This trumps every basic tip I've provided in this guide and it's also extremely important. Knowing your character is the most crucial key in Roleplay fighting and it determines how well you can RP conflict.

Before I go any further in this section I need to point out one thing:

Your character is NOT invincible. Your character is not Superman, Goku, Jackie Chan or Chuck Norris. Get that out of your head right now. No matter how skilled your character is, he will lose some matches. He’s not perfect and there is always a margin of failure. Keep this in mind when playing your character.

To understand your character in terms of combat you have to understand what he can and cannot do. What are his talents? How has he learned combat? What techniques does he know? Take a moment to write it all down.

Also, try to see if you can jot down your character's weakness. At first it's hard to come up with a weakness, so if you cannot, don't fret. Try to take into account what a generic human, elf, Orc or dwarf can and cannot do in combat. It’s a good starting point until you can figure out your character’s individual weaknesses.

Every character has a weakness. Every person has a flaw. Your job as a player is to apply your character’s flaws into RP fights.

An example of a character weakness is this: Imagine an old decrepit man. An old man should not be able to run as fast, fight as well, or defend himself as much as a younger person could, as he lacks the physical capabilities. If someone were hit him in the legs, his legs would be broken.

Imagine a child, somewhere around 10 years old. A child should not be able to hold his own against a fighter because he lacks the experience and the physical capabilities that a seasoned fighter possesses.

If your character is blind, he shouldn't even fight. Period. If you want to play Lee Sin, go play League of Legends.

If your character is ten feet tall, he shouldn’t fit through a door fit for a halfling. His balance would be limited the taller he gets.

If you’re a halfling, you’d stand a very small chance in combat vs a seasoned fighter, especially orcs. But, you might have some smarts and cleverness to make up for it.

IV: Understanding what your character can and cannot do

Here is a list of things(and also many more) what your character can and cannot do, and doing so is powergaming.

Your character cannot:

• Dodge arrows
  • Be able to dodge attacks from behind(some small exceptions).
  • Your character cannot fight when he is being restrained.
  • Your character wield a sword the size of the twin towers.
  • Your character cannot sprint in super speeds in armor, with the exception of leather.
  • Your character cannot survive a stab to the chest, or an arrow shot to the head.
  • Your character cannot walk with his legs chopped off.
  • Your character cannot dodge multiple attacks without eventually tiring out.
  • Your character is NOT a super saiyan. You cannot block arrows with your fingers. You cannot flash step.
  • Your character cannot cast magic without an accepted magic application.
  • Your character cannot win against 5 different foes alone.
  • Your character will have a very hard time fighting people in armor unless he is in armor himself.

V: Offense and Defense:

The fundamentals of RP fights is offense and defense. Even new players should understand what it means, because again, it's very basic.

Offense - being on the offensive end means attacking your opponent, which means you must take great care to not powergame and not decide the actions for the opposing party.

There are two ways for the offensive party to avoid doing this. The most common method of offensive emoting is “attempting” to perform an action. For example:

Bob charges forward swinging his sword sideways, attempting to slice Steve's arm.

Or you can not use attempt in your emote and try to be less blunt and more descriptive in your actions:

Bob charges forward and strafes to the side, swinging his blade in a diagonal motion towards Steve's chest.

I personally don't use attempt in my emotes unless necessary, as my emotes alone are descriptive enough to show it as an attempt. This really depends on your Roleplay style and every player is different.

The important thing to advise here, whether your character is in an offensive position or defensive position is try to make your emotes as descriptive and colorful as possible. Try to explain what your character is doing as much as possible. If your character is attacking, describe how he's swinging his sword and describe his movements. If your character is defending, simply describe how he's defending. How is he dodging that attack? How is he blocking it? Describe how he got hit. Describes his reaction and emotional anguish when he takes a blow.

Defensive side - your character is on the defensive side, meaning he or she is resisting an attack, attempting to protect or avoid potential injury.

Your character is about to take a blow, what would he do?

Is he in a position to dodge, block, or defend(Look at your character’s surroundings and figure that out, analyze the current situation and your character’s positioning)? Is it something your character would do? If so, dodge or defend the attack, but describe how you would defend yourself. If you are in no position to defend yourself, then you will have to take the blow. Keep in mind this: If you’re going to take an attack, you will have to RP the injury and that injury can potentially impact how you RP in combat. Common sense is key.

If you plan to take the blow, try to RP your injuries. Try to RP the pain your character is in and how it affects him. Do it in a descriptive way, have the players feel your character’s pain.

Example: Steve raises his sword at the level of Bob’s blade, blocking the attack, but tries to repel the blade by pushing it back with all of his strength.

Example: Bob unleashes an agonizing scream as Steve’s blade successfully impales his leg. He quickly loses balance, about to collapse on his limp leg.

--Note--

Depending on your character’s strengths, he may not be able dodge so many attacks without being tired, which progressively makes it more difficult to counter future attacks. Plus it's really annoying to deal with players who dodge out of everything, so try to have some courtesy for your opponents. This greatly depends on the character. Keep this in mind when attempting to evade attacks. Also take positioning into account and ask yourself if it’s possible to even counter your attacks given your position and your situation. (i.e You cannot evade an attack from behind.)

VI. Positioning and situational awarenesss:

Basics aside, let me again remind you the key to suceeding in RP combat: Capitalizing on your opponent's mistakes.

You can do that by understanding the fundamentals of your character's positioning and awareness of what's going on.

Positioning and location:

Position is where your character is located. Your character’s current location can determine how, and whether or not your character can maneuver around the battlefield. Your positioning can either help you, or restrict you. Take a look at these screenshots for example:

Open Field [screenshot will be updated]
http://gyazo.com/748b6094576da1912f8cd6f80566ef17

This area is a great area for RP fighting due to it’s open space. Though a desert isn’t exactly the most ideal because deserts are known for its arid conditions, an open field like the screenshot shown above is great due to the little obstacles, such as tunnels, structures, that may restrict your movement.

Tunnel [screenshot will be updated]
http://gyazo.com/6e7f37972f6ae952ee48f4e5f40fc704

Fighting in a tunnel is not the best idea because the area is so narrow, maneuvering and mobility can be severely limited. You may not be able to dodge, circle, or move as effectively as you would in a much broader location. If you find yourself fighting in narrow spaces such as this, keep the limitations in mind.

Positioning not only determines the level of mobility realistically used in an RP fight, but it also determines whether or not your character can act.

The objective in roleplay fighting is place your opponent in a position where he is cornered and unable to defend, or dodge, for example

Let’s say in a fist fight, John uses his right arm to punch steve in the face, but Steve blocks the fist with his hand. John could then try to land another punch with his other hand, and steve could block that punch too. With both fists restrained, John is placed in a vulnerable position for another attack. If Steve were to land a kick to John’s stomach, John wouldn’t be able to defend due to the position he is in.

Not only is this a good example of positioning, but this is also an example of strategic roleplay fighting, and capitalizing on your opponent’s mistakes.

Situational Awareness:

There are many situations that can determine how your character can fight, and situations that determine the outcome of fights. The key to doing well in RP fights is to understand the events going on around you and use it to your advantage. You should also take your character’s positioning and your opponent’s into account. Analyze situations from a realistic and logical standpoint.

Positioning also basically determines whether or not your character is in any position to attack or defend. Positioning is in a nutshell a make or break in RP combat. For example, before you attack or defend, take into account the factors that may hinder you from attacking or defending easily or at all. Good players can use their character's position and the positioning of their opponents to their advantage, and capitalizing on this can potentially give them the upper hand in fights.

Here are more examples of situations:

If your character is being attacked from behind, there is no way your character would know he's being attacked unless, your opponent can emote or make any implication that your character can hear it. Or anyone else involved in the conflict informs him that he is being attacked. Even if he could somehow detect an attack from behind, it may or may not be too late to act.

You're tripped and fallen onto the ground, but then three guards surround you and try to kill you, under this position, you can still defend with your sword but barely as the guards would not give you a chance to recover and get back on your feet, eventually the guards may win.

If you’ve taken a blow, and I will need to emphasize this, that injury can determine whether or not you can still fight. If you’ve taken an arrow to the knee, keep in mind that you cannot walk. RP all of the injuries you take as every injury can greatly impact how your character acts. This does give you an excuse to dodge every move possible. You must analyze and RP in a realistic way. If you’re shot in the neck, skull, or chest, your character is dead, end of story.

--

In a nutshell, before you make that next emote, try to analyze both your and your opponent’s positioning. If you are in a bad position to attack or defend(i.e an attack from behind, or being attacked while flat on the ground.) keep in mind that you cannot perform these actions and if you would, If you are in a position to attack and exploit your opponent, it is urged to push your advantage and do so.

VIII. Other methods of combat fighting.

PvP or Mechanics Default:

Under Construction

Player vs Player combat, and also called mechanics default. PVP, or mechanics based default is the default form of conflict resolution on LOTC. Meaning that if both sides of the conflict cannot agree to the form of combat, then they will resolve it via PVP. PVP is just clicking the mouse on the enemy player until one of them dies(or in this case knocked out) without any text based Roleplay involved.. PVP is the quickest way to resolve RP conflict but at the expense of potentially enjoyable turn based RP that most players prefer. Despite it being the default form of combat on LOTC, PVP isn’t the most well liked method on the server, but it’s there for a reason.

The primary reason PVP is default on this server is because there have been several issues involving roleplay fights. Some fights have escalated into powergaming and OOC disputes that resulted from either side unwilling to lose, which is the major drawback of RP fights. Text based combat requires one side to consent to lose the battle, while mechanics default doesn’t. Whether you like it or not, expect to know how to PVP at least regularly on LOTC.

That is not to say of course, PVP is a bad thing. It can be very useful in some situations besides wars.

Note: I highly encourage all players to treat PVP Default as a situational tool, not the first and only thing you dish out just because PVP is default. While PVP has its moments, keep in mind that this is a roleplaying server, and many players would prefer that you RP out the fight. While I encourage that you be considerate of other players, it’s best to use your own judgement based on the current situation.

A question one may ask is this: What situation would PVP fights be the best option?

• When fights involve more than 5 players total. One would advise not to engage in RP fights with large amounts of players as it leads to confusion, missed emotes, spam and unnecessary disputes.
  • When you are dealing with a player, or groups of players who you(don't) know, or is known to be powergaming, or being OOCly uncooperative.
  • When the conflict scenario is in a crowded area.
  • When the conflict scenario can no longer be resolved through text based combat. You cannot simply switch combat scenarios without consent from everyone in the party.

But as you get used to PVP default, there are rules on the server you need to follow. Refer to the combat rules, as that is subjected to be updated at any time.

• You must have substantial roleplay leading up to the conflict. - This means providing as much RP to the victim as possible, and make them aware that PVP is happening. This means do not make 2 half-assed emotes before clicky click.
  • Both sides must state that they are ready to start conflict.
  • A countdown from a minimum of 5 must be given after everyone states they’re ready.
  • Players who MCly run from conflict with little to no roleplay are subject to being attacked through MC Mechanics, but they are required to revive the player afterwards. However, one cannot immediately engage in “Stop or die” PVP. Meaning, you can’t shout halt, and kill a player who’s sprinting away, even if he hasn’t stopped.
  • In larger scale PVP fights, setting a status, or placing a symbol next to your player nameplate is required. One can do this by typing /status <symbol>

Here are a list of symbols you can choose from ( they will be updated)

• Affectionate (heart)
  • Frozen (snowflake)
  • Performing (music note)
  • Kawaii (flower)
  • Fighting (swords)

But how might one hold their own in PVP?

A decent computer - Basically, if you have higher than 30 FPS in minecraft consistently, you should be okay. You shouldn’t need to have an amazing computer. In fact, my old laptop that was 6 years old at the time I used it on LOTC had 35-50FPS and I was able to hold my own in a few battles. You might be able to increase your FPS substantially through the following MC options

1.) Set your FOV(Field of Vision) to Quake Pro.
2,) Go to your graphics/video settings

• Set your render distance to tiny.
  • Set your GUI scale to small.
  • Set your graphics to Fast.
  • Turn your frame cap to unlimited. (Not confirmed.)

You can raises your FPS even higher with Optifine. If you PVP on Minecraft, there is no excuse not to get this mod. While having increased performance helps, it's does not replace PVP skill. If you're not good at PvP there are other PVP servers out there for you to practice on. There is a PVP server that the LOTC players commonly practice on. To avoid server advertising, I’d advise that you ask another player as I cannot post any IPs on other servers.. If other servers are not your thing, there are some cultures who do actively PVP, such as the Orcs. Orcs regularly PvP through what is called Klomping.

Text based (RP Fighting)

Text based combat, also called RP fighting is simply put, when each player takes a turn performing an action via emote or saying something before moving to the next player. This whole guide is based on turn based combat. This guide teaches you the fundamentals of turned based. While RP fighting can be a fun opportunity to show off your character’s talents, here’s some very important factors to keep in mind.

-RP fights require one side of the conflict to be willing to lose - This is the main cause of RP fights lasting longer than it should, which escalates into Powergame fests, and OOC tensions. This is again, why PVP is the default form of conflict. One way to avoid such issues is that you, the player have to be willing to lose, and restrict your text based fights to reputable roleplayers, and roleplayers you trust to be sensible. No matter how amazing your roleplay is, expect to run into powergamers at some point during your stay on LOTC, and learn how to deal with such players as the situation arises.

Extra - How to deal with powergamers.

Dealing with powergamers.

Powergamers are prevalent and very common in RP fighting. PGing is one of the most common reasons RP fights quickly turn into an OOC bickerfest. When you’re RP fighting, you will eventually run into players who are practically invincible super ninjas who dodge every move you throw at them, even when they got an arrow to the knee and a severed arm. They seem to like doing backflips and ignore the laws of physics. It’s obvious that these types of players are not willing to make their characters lose. These type of players make the roleplay experience very frustrating for the players around them, and in addition powergamers are very prone to being ban reported by an irate player.

But as an RP fighter, it’s crucial to be prepared for these type of situations, and know what to do when you run into an annoying powergamer.

1. Talk to the player in /t if you notice any unrealistic RP: Do not insult him, put him down or call him a powergamer. Instead point out the inconsistency and explain why his action is unrealistic. Explain to him why he can’t run like a cheetah when he’s wearing heavy armor. Explain to him why he shouldn’t be walking when his leg is cut off. Be civil and constructive and don’t be an ******* about it.

The reason why I suggested speaking to the player before resorting to ban reports is that sometimes people don’t realize they powergamed. Even veterans make mistakes sometimes. No one is perfect. Those players may be new and fresh players who are still learning the ropes. Help them.

2. Minimize use of L-OOC chat or (( )) unless this is directed at more than one player - Spamming the chat with L-OOC can clog the chat for other players who are not involved in your roleplay, and yes, after a while, reading nothing but OOC bickers can be very annoying. Resorting to L-OOC can detract yourself and other players from roleplay. Instead, resort to speaking to this player via tells. Be considerate of the players around you.

3. Screenshot the moment you see a piece of powergaming. This doesn’t mean you should ban report him right away, but just in case your communication with the player fails, you have enough evidence to back up your claims. Be sure to keep consistent communication with the player first before resorting to reports.

4. If all else fails, and if it’s a severe case of powergaming.(not just one emote) ban report the player. In addition, if you find that this player is being villainous or has a magic app(only if they PG with magic) gather evidence and report it to a staff member (or a magic team member) immediately. If they gather enough complaints, this villainous player could be facing blacklists from villainy and or magic for a period at the discretion of the staff member involved. Be sure to give them evidence as they will not take action through hearsay.

5. NEVER combat powergaming with powergaming - Don’t stoop down to this player’s level by powergaming yourself. This will not work in your favor, and will lead to more frustrations down the road, needless to mention that if you post this in a ban report with both of you powergaming, you yourself risk getting banned.

6. If you find the RP too frustrating to deal with, you have the choice to walk out of the RP, especially by having your character lose the fight. Some RP fights just aren’t worth the trouble and energy, and losing isn’t really a big deal. Before you leave the RP, talk to the player in question and explain why the RP is unenjoyable. Make an agreement with all players involved in the RP. Take this as lesson learned and avoid having any RP fight sessions with that player in the future until he improves. Instead, you should just resort to PVP.

Walking out should be treated as a last resort method in frustrating RP situations, if communication fails. This should not be used when RP isn’t really going your way, or if you’re losing. Do not abuse this option of leaving unenjoyable RP.

While PVP is the default form of conflict resolution on the server, RP fights are not uncommon, and many players don’t mind a little RP fight now and then. Again, it’s important to use your best judgment and find a form of combat that would best suit the situation.

Just like PVP, Text based combat also has its situational uses. Text based combat is best used:

• During conflicts that consist of 4 players or less. It’s feasable with more players, but it’s not advised.
  • With and against people you know.
  • When conflicts involve reputable and sensible roleplayers who can be trusted to not powergame and/or be quick to OOC dispute. Do not RP fight with players who are known and have a reputation for doing it.

Roll fighting [Dice based combat.] -

Another form of RP fighting where each player use the /roll feature to determine whether or not attacks land. This method is generally frowned upon because rolls tend to ignore situations and matchups such as a halfling with a stick vs an orc in diamond armor. The halfling in this case will have an equal chance to win because the system is purely based on luck. Nonetheless roll fighting is a fun way to RP fight because players have an equal chance to win or lose the fight without any OOC problems. I encourage roll fighting but it's only to be used situationally. Never use the roll method in situations where matchups are clearly one-sided. The best scenarios to use them in would be in a slight combination of PVP and RP combat scenarios stated above(except less than 4 players), however, one would be hardpressed to find someone willing to engage in dice based combat, as it’s very rarely used. Nonetheless, it can still be a fun way to fight, and is best used just for fun.

With all three forms of conflict covered, I would like to once again advise players to use their best judgement and chose the best method of conflict resolution.

---

IX. Winning and Losing

When you're in an RP fight, you'd often run into people that say this

"My character has trained in combat for 400 years. He should be be able to win"

If you yourself has ever had such a mindset, get rid of it now. The fact that your character did train for 5, 50, 500,or even 5000 shouldn't matter to you. Because anyone could say the same thing about their characters whether it's true or not. It shouldn't matter in an RP fight because it doesn't automatically mean your character will win a fight. Your character(Your character, not you the player) does not know your opponent's background and there's a lot of randomized situations that can alter your expected outcome.

Regardless of who your foes may be: DO NOT run into RP fights expecting to win. Doing so will set yourself up for disappointment and headaches on both sides whenever things don't go your way. Winning isn't everything, and you can't expect things to go your way every time.

That aside, I want you, the player to remove the idea of winning out of your head.

Why? Because losing can be just as enjoyable as winning for a number of reasons. Making things your sole mission to win at every encounter will only make RP fun for no one but yourself.

Benefits of losing:

• The players you RP with will respect you more as a player. You will be among the 25% of players who are willing to lose. Losing is one of the first steps into becoming a better RPer.
  • Your character can learn from his mistakes and develop. Everyone loses and falters eventually and your character should be No exception. RP your loss and see how your character reacts to it.
  • There are no penalties for losing except your items(if mechanics combat) and your dignity. No one can force you permakill your character(unless you spitefully RP dying.). If you die, just go back to the monks and be on your way. Just don't return to where you died for half hour unless it's your home.
  • You make the experience more enjoyable for yourself and the players around you. There are less headaches between both of you than it would be when both sides are intent on winning..

Now I'm not saying you should go out and bend over to lose, I'm saying that you shouldn't try to enter conflicts expecting to win. Losing is fun, and so is winning. So instead of trying to win or lose, go with the flow, roll with the punches and look forward to whatever outcome arises.

--
X. Meta-stalling -

Also informally called Metateam6, Meta-stalling is a prevalent problem in both text and mechanics based combat. You as a player need to expect metastalling to happen, and know what to do when the situation arises.

What is meta-stalling?

Metastalling is the most severe form of metagaming. Metastalling occurs when players deliberately stall the roleplay to call their friends through OOC mediums to come to his rescue, potentially putting you and your allies at a disadvantage. Make sure you have enough evidence as metastalling can be very difficult to prove if you're ill-prepared. If you're fighting a player and suddenly 5 or ten people show up, that's possibly metastalling and should be reported immediately.

While metastalling is usually really obvious, it can sometimes be hard to prove if escalated into a ban report. As a player, you must be prepared, and know what to do.

You are advised to record their fights, especially when the fight is PvP. Screenshots work as well, but not as feasable. Meta-stalling during a PvP fight can easily be identified as someone who purposely delays the conflict by stating they are not prepared for a substantial amount of time until their friends in armor show up.

You can use FRAPs, or Bandicam to record your fights, or simply make a Twitch.tv stream, download Open Broadcaster Software, and follow the instructions on Twitch to set up the stream. Twitch can save your streams into videos but only for a short time, you can use that time to upload your content to youtube.

Once you gather enough evidence of meta-stalling, you are free to escalate this into a ban report.

XI. Conclusion:

This guide is nothing more than my personal strategic approach to RP fighting. Every player is different, and it’s always a good idea to experiment and try out new RP styles to see if they work for you and your character. Don’t be afraid to try something new.The key to strategic RP fights is to capitalize on your opponent’s mistakes. Place your opponent into a position where he can’t defend against another attack.What truly matters in RP fights, win or loss is that both sides have fun. Don’t ever try to enter RP fights expecting to win. Just like in real life, no one is perfect, and even the best and most skilled characters will eventually falter, so don’t be afraid to lose in RP.

All i've got to say in the matter is don't be afraid to lose which is in the conclusion so this is good methinks

This is an amazing guide, explaining mostly everything that happens during a fight Rp'ly.

Good Job Cyndikates.

• Your character cannot sprint in super speeds in armor, with the exception of leather.

This really isn't true. Plate armour barely slows you down,  But due to it's weight it takes a lot more energy to move about, run, sprint etc, of course it slows you down somewhat but nothing noticeable. If you're referring to literally sprinting super speeds then that's impossible anyway. Might wanna change that, just a suggestion.

Thank you, you are awesome for getting this up Cyndicate. It's gonna be a real help to the new guys.

Has more information than most of the actual guides in the subforum.

Hi, Cyndikate. This is a wonderful guide on fighting RP. It would be my pleasure, if you would join our Guide team. We do need a few more hands on the deck. After we talk about that, we could move this to the guide forum?

A very helpful, well-written, and well-organized guide. Good job!

Helpful and informative, good for new RPers.  +1

Powergaming can be defined in two ways. 

1 - Forcing an action onto another player's character and not giving them a chance to react.

Your character cannot:

• Dodge arrows
  • Be able to dodge attacks from behind(some small exceptions).
  • Your character cannot fight when he is being restrained.
  • Your character wield a sword the size of the twin towers.
  • Your character cannot survive a stab to the chest, or an arrow shot to the head.
  • Your character cannot walk with his legs chopped off.
  • Your character cannot dodge multiple attacks without eventually tiring out.
  • Your character is NOT a super saiyan. You cannot block arrows with your fingers. You cannot flash step.
  • Your character cannot cast magic without an accepted magic application.
  • Your character cannot win against 5 different foes alone.
  • Your character will have a very hard time fighting people in armor unless he is in armor himself

:notrust:

Ten foot orcs could probably run extremely fast sprinting as long as it is in a straight line.