The Archaeologists of Aegis

Tegrof

Tidings. Your notice didn't fail to acquire attention. I, Rivell Gordian, find my field research distinctly dragging as of late and am looking for a project of prestige to undertake.

RP name: Rivell Gordian

In Game Name: xzpepijnzx

Race: Human, Southeron

Historian or excavator?: Historian. I'd much rather focus on discovering lore than mindless digging.

Main job or extra job?: I can devote enough time on this project for it to be considered my main job.

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: The same lands on which caviling cobblers spill their life essences harbors history rich and fascinating, and I am sure our assiduities will be time smartly spent. In this endeavor I will be glad to see a piece of history uncovered and accessible to the many travelers, and would take pride in increasing immersion for the Aegis population as they go about their routines.

Tidings. Your notice didn't fail to acquire attention. I, Rivell Gordian, find my field research distinctly dragging as of late and am looking for a project of prestige to undertake.

RP name: Rivell Gordian

In Game Name: xzpepijnzx

Race: Human, Southeron

Historian or excavator?: Historian. I'd much rather focus on discovering lore than mindless digging.

Main job or extra job?: I can devote enough time on this project for it to be considered my main job.

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: The same lands on which caviling cobblers spill their life essences harbors history rich and fascinating, and I am sure our assiduities will be time smartly spent. In this endeavor I will be glad to see a piece of history uncovered and accessible to the many travelers, and would take pride in increasing immersion for the Aegis population as they go about their routines.

I will happily have you in the team! I look forward to meet you and will send a runner with a message to you as soon as I can.

((Be sure to add Possut974 on skype))

The poster on the bulletin board is now updated!

Added different stuff including what our current project is about. Be sure to follow our process.

The excavation of the Forest of Inwe is getting recognized and will get magical protection from High-Prince Native himself. We thank him for that!

The forest is now found and we have already established a knowledge on how the Dark Elves lived. We will update you soon on this!

It is great that we have already learned so much more about the Dark Elves. What race should we study next?

I believe we should keep on the track we have discovered regarding the Orcs. I want to know why they were so territorial and aggressive around Inwe. There might be something close to the forest that they were protecting. Maybe in finishing our current excavation we can find the answers we seek.

RP name: Ebs

In Game Name: VonEbs

Race: Elf

Historian or excavator? ((lore/history writer or builder)): Can do either.

Main job or extra job?: Extra job.

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: I hope to uncover facts into the early history of the people of Aegis. I have always wanted to contribute to the lore, do this is an opportunity to.

It seems you have made impressive headway, and I lament that I could not have been there myself. I hope I will be informed as excavation progresses, and I will attempt to intercept you at the site at the first moment possible

- Rivell.

We briefly talked in game yesterday. I am glad to bbe accepted into the archaelogists.

That guildhouse is not up to date, as simple as that =)

((Keep checking if I am online at IGN Possut, if you want to join the excavation))

That guildhouse is not up to date, as simple as that =)

((Keep checking if I am online at IGN Possut, if you want to join the excavation))

((I was part of the excavation, but I had to leave to defend Sanjezal from the Undead)

*A copy of an archaeologist's journal was sent to the guildhouse for perusal*

My notes on Inwe

Joma, 20th of The Second Seed, 1316:

The Original Dark Elves of Inwe seemed to live within the forest, having trees for homes. In conflict with their orc neighbours, they hid themselves amongst the thick darkwood trees and found shelter and peace here.

Their houses are made of simple wooden constructions, preferring to live in the inside of thicker trees. Despite this preference, they were not keen on climbing, and dug cavernous dwellings below their houses as possible shelter and storage.

The grove within Inwe was the reason the Dark Elves split from Malinor. They worshipped the moon over the sun. This is evident from seeing their sacred pool, as it was built so that moonlight would reflect in it during their nightly gatherings.

In time, Dark Elves learned to weave forests and perhaps even draw the moon's power into magical abilities. Their chantings of old seem to echo within the pool still. It's possible that the Dark Elves had an order much like the Druids, but this is unconfirmed.

Tolta, 24th of The Second Seed, 1316:

There is a strange sort of energy wafting this place. It surrounds the pool like mist. I feel it strongest in the mornings, as the dew hangs from the leaves and the moon's touch is still fresh upon the pool.

It is revitalizing, like waking from a long sleep. Some traces of the Mali'Ker magic might still linger here.

Here is some further notes that was just put among the other journals. Find the rest of the journals in these bookshelves *points*.

How they lived

The Dark Elves moved to live in dark forests, or more uncommonly caves and swamp areas, where the sun didnt reach. Their tree residents where darkwood trees which are unnaturally thick, which seems to point to the fact that they did also weave trees out of the soil, much like how the big trees of Laurelin are made.

They did not favor wooden planks as floor, so they kept the soil and grass between their toes as much as possible. The trees where very thick down by the ground, and topped of going higher up. The Dark Elves made use of small floors in the top of the trees, but also made small underground rooms below the roots.

The Dark Elves did not seem to care much for art or interior design, but they seems to have had a love for words scribbled on walls. Most of the words we find are 'Velulaei' or 'mare', meaning 'moon' and 'dark' respectively. All tree dwellings also seem to have some sort of balcony or window turned towards the middle of the forest.

In the center of Inwe there is a small pond of water. This is now a known part of the holy groves the Dark Elves had their religious ceremonies, including the worship of the moon. An elevated altar or podium is by the pond, which might mean there was some sort of high druid leading those rituals.

There has been signs of cavernous dwellings as well, but this needs more exact proof. We will see if we can pinpoint this fact. Another thing I noted is a small, small field without trees. This small field might have been the place for training. See our journal about Dark Elves and combat for further notes on that.

The forest itself is very dense with the trees very close together. There are slight signs of paths around the small settlement, probably meaning that the Dark Elves did walk around much, possibly socializing with each other. See our journal Dark Elf religion and moon worship for further information on that.

Irba, 4th of Sun's Smile, 1316:

I have found an old tome amongst the ruins of the Dark Elven settlement. It denotes that the Dark Elves in Inwe were hunted by a people they called 'Marauders', a group that finally found and attacked the village. This may have been the cause of their disappearance, but that's anything but confirmed.

This book is not written in old elvish, but in common Aegis tongue. We might be able to derive a time period from this, or a taboo for using elvish in written work. Either way, the journal uses the word 'Velulaei', which possibly means 'Moon'. They speak of the moon as if she is an entitiy, like a goddess or a spirit. I wonder if this could be more than silly superstition of a primitive race.