TheJollyPear

TheJollyPear’s

Beginner RP Guide

(New/Old players)

Guide Contents:

RP Commands

Chats, RP talks, pm’s, etc.

How to properly RP

(not advanced) just a simple idea of how to get started.

Help on emotes

How to set up emotes, color, formats, etc.

How to set up a perfect persona

/me

RP Commands:

Some players old and new are not yet aware of the new update for role-play commands. I have still been finding new commands I never knew existed. Some examples of what I will be going over. /q /w /rp /m /join h (Will be showing each chat you may join.) The OOC chats (Out of character.) (Wandering soul, help. And so on.)

First command

/w

/w or known as /whisper can only be heard by players within a two block radius. Type /w Hi there. To simply whisper. A more efficient way is to just type /w . Enabling it to always keep you in /w when you are role-playing actively, so you won't have to put /w before any message. To get out of /w simply go to /rp (stands for role play)

Second Command

/rp

/rp or known as /roleplay can be heard within a twenty block radius. This is the main talking command you'll be using. But travels through walls. Anyone within the radius can hear. Your default setting is /rp.

Third Command

/q

/q or knows as /quiet is personally one of my favorite talking commands. This allows players to hear you in a eight block radius. But DOES NOT travel through walls. If you role play /q Hey there. And someone is outside the walls, it will simply show *muffled*.

Fourth Command

/s

/s or knows as /shout can be heard within a 48 block radius.

Fifth Command Bunch

All out of character

/looc is one of many out of character chats. Looc is basically /rp but out of character. Just do not troll in this chat. And do not looc to much or RPers around you will get mad! /sooc is shout in looc. /qooc is quiet in looc. /wlooc is whisper. /join ooc is the global out of character channel. Where you can talk with anyone on the server who is in the channel. Good way to make friends!

Sixth Command Bunch

Help channel, WS

The help channel is the channel where you can receive help. A lot of players including myself hang out in help channel when we're on so feel free to ask questions! /join help to join. WS or wandering soul is where all Unaccepted players will chat, and some accepted. /join ws.

Seventh Command

/m [playname]

/m is used for private messaging. For example you can do /m TheJollyPear Hi. To private message. Once you have been messaging someone use /r to reply easily. (Staff can see your pm’s be warned!)

Topic 2

How to properly RP & Emotes

Some helpful tips on how to ‘properly’ RP. Always capitalize your first letter. By default auto punctuation is enabled. Example “Hello there.” Now to emotes. To have a sentence start with a emote put, *he nods his head, smiling at the remark. “Hi.” To end a sentence off with a emote just write without the quotations (“). Example, “Hi” he walks off. Always stay in character, but if you have questions ask the player in /looc should be glad to help! A MASSIVE tip the more you RP the better you'll be!

Customizing Emotes

Use /me to customize your emote color indicated by the wool block.

How to set up the perfect persona

Use /persona for your persona settings. To see your own persona do /persona view . To edit it apply the following commands. /persona name [new name] . /persona age [new age] . /persona time to check your personas total time played on.

Choosing your skills

Pick a skill you're interested in! Find them out at     /sk list . Remember some races have race bonuses. You can choose a main and a secondary skill. These will not allow you to use the others though. How to select. I will be using chef and farmer for example. /sk chef select main . /sk farmer select second . Bam! That easy your skills are set and now you can grind away :)

Hope this guide helps you new players! This is my first guide and would like all the feedback I can get. Anything I missed please post in the comments ill add it! Thanks for reading :)