[Building Guide][WE] Oak Trees

Wrynn

HPlUgks.png

postdiv.png

Where to find them, how to build them. *World Edit Included

postdiv.png

ujHPNuZ.png

Building a tree isn't as hard as you'd think it is. The most common issue that I had when I began learning how to build trees is that I wanted every tree to look perfect and be symmetrical - don't think like that. Have you ever gone outside and seen two trees that are perfectly rounded? To start off you'll want to pick the location for your tree. I felt that this space was a little empty so I decided I'd be putting a tree in. *do note trees are an excellent way to make your surroundings look more natural and realistic.

0XwnzkG.png

Now that I've got the location I simply have to build the trunk, say about 4-5 blocks high. You can do higher or lower depending on what type of tree you'd like to make.

ehh5Dbc.png

Trees also aren't perfectly straight upwards, so we want to make it look like it's bending slightly. We can do this by moving the trunk over a few blocks near the top. It should look something like this;

S3cHmSf.png

Now that we have our trunk, we need to form the branches that the leaves will rest on. Although you won't actually be able to see the branches when the leaves go on, they dictate how the leaves on your tree will form. Start by placing blocks outward from the top block on your trunk and simply make a circular-ish shape so that you have a branching pattern. It's hard to explain but this is what it should look like;

QBiLRyg.png

The next step is where our World Edit comes in. You'll want to grab any material from the materials tab in your menu so perhaps a blazerod etc/ don't use a block as you won't be able to bind the brush command to a block. Once you have the item in hand type "//brush sphere 17:12 5" *17:12 being the block we are using and 5 being the radius of the brush. You then want to type "//mask 17" This will ensure that our brush will only mask over normal woodblocks, replacing them with the 6 sided wood blocks.

lmzwsA5.png

bWsEK00.png

This is where the fun part comes in. You want to grab another material from the materials tab in your inventory and hold it. Once you've done that type the command, "//brush sphere leaves 1" *1 being the radius of the brush. And then after that command type "//mask 0". This ensures we're only going to be replacing air with our brush, and not other blocks. Now that you've bound your tool to the commands we can begin brushing on leaves. Simply start clicking around your branches and it will look similar to this to begin with;

ad1Bm2q.png

You want to just build up a large gathering of leaves over the branches that you've set out. Keep clicking over the branches until they're fairly covered. It'll look similar to this;

Hag6T8z.png

As of now the leaves don't look great, so this is where you can go in and add details with your hand. Try and make sure the foliage is more round than it is flat, as this will make the tree look odd if it is. Once you've fixed up any spots you feel need touched up it should look similar to this;

Fun16bi.png

I've also went ahead here and added a few logs to the bottom to make the trunk look more natural as well. After that I replaced them with the 6-sided log also.

mVmfrpl.png

For the most part your tree is done, you could just perhaps add a few details to the leaves to make it look more interesting. Try placing green banners in the leaves, and also using stained glass to enhance the texture and colour of the leaves. If you'd like you could also mix leaf types. You can also add slabs to the trunk of the tree to make it look more rounded also. In the end you should have something that looks similar to this;

uYkSmbl.png

Happy Building!