Druidism Addition [Feat] Druidic Transcendence

HedgeHug

Just now, Gladuos said:

Well then it sure is good this isn't a magic intended for the orcish playerbase. Rather something a shaman, such as hedge, could show for druidic use which may later become contained in the druidic community.

Yeah, just take our magic and kill our playerbase? Hedge was a shaman, now he's just an Elf-lover with our magic. There is NO reason for elves to delve into orcish magic, as they have their own lore and their own RP.

On a side note, the Spirits hate the Aspects, why the **** would they not kill any Druid that walks in the three planes?

16 minutes ago, Honor said:

-snip-

Okay first of all shamanism isn't owned by orcs. Second of all druidism isn't owned by elves. Now that we have that out of the way the only thing similar to this and shamanism is the concept of planar travel, which shamans do not hold a monopoly over. It's very much debatable whether spirits hate the Aspects or vice versa or not. Finally, this doesn't let druids into the spirit realm so you must've misinterpretted. It only lets them into the Eternal Forest, which is the realm of the Aspects.

19 minutes ago, Honor said:

-snip-

So, having something that references shamanism, but isn't shamanism, it's just a sort of linking of two magics, will kill your player base? Hate to tell you this, fam, but if your player base dies to something as incredibly minor as that, it's practically dead anyways. 

Two big issues with this...

A) Eternal Forest / Fae realm, isn't something that should be able to just... Walked into, it's important.

B) This lore will single-handedly make the orcs constantly raid and kill druids.

Just now, Sky said:

B) This lore will single-handedly make the orcs constantly raid and kill druids.

This much is true.

So orcs find out that druids gain the ability to travel into their deities' realm and that is good enough to start raiding and killing them? This sounds pretty petty in my opinion.

Just now, Gladuos said:

So orcs find out that druids gain the ability to travel into their deities' realm and that is good enough to start raiding and killing them? This sounds pretty petty in my opinion.

We all know just how respectful Orcs are, especially of other cultures or faiths.

4 minutes ago, Sky said:

Tbf they were gonna do that anyways

Or it's just OOC targetting due to an immature few believing a feat for an entirely separate magic loosely based on their own is somehow going to actually affect them at all.

1 minute ago, Gladuos said:

Or it's just OOC targetting due to an immature few believing a feat for an entirely separate magic loosely based on their own is somehow going to actually affect them at all.

Or it's in character hunting and raiding because the shamans should not just be helping those who give glory to those who worship deities outside of the spirits. If you think the attacks would just be on Druids you are incorrect. It would also be for the Shamans who dared to help the Druids. But hey dude, if you don't like it just call it OOC and immature. That's cool.

I like this lore, the comments remind me of Smaw's dark elf shamanism post (That passed).

Perhaps the orcs should try to raid and kill paladins for entering Xan's realm, or the blood mages for their rifts, or the wizards for their displacement charms, or literally anyone travelling between any realms ever. As that's what this seems like. No druid is stepping foot into the spirit realm, so I'm not sure any of what you say has actual merit.

1 minute ago, Evocress said:

I like this lore, the comments remind me of Smaw's dark elf shamanism post (That passed).

Like I had said previously, Dark Elves have ancient ties to the spirits and Shamanism. Roots of such trace all the way back to Veluluai (as featured in the City of Malin event line). This however is just for Druids. People who have no connection to the spirits and in the past have generally jut been a rival religious faction and often times an enemy to the War Nation. The basis of saying 'They support nature and so does x,x and x spirit' is pretty silly imo. There are spirits for literally everything. Oh, may as well go to help the Clerics also because they war against dark forces, just like x spirit would want. Let's help the kha also because their deity is that of the moon, just like x spirit. It's a silly and flawed point unless this is the intended argument to make in future cases also.

3 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Perhaps the orcs should try to raid and kill paladins for entering Xan's realm, or the blood mages for their rifts, or the wizards for their displacement charms, or literally anyone travelling between any realms ever. As that's what this seems like. No druid is stepping foot into the spirit realm, so I'm not sure any of what you say has actual merit.

The main difference, to my understanding, is that a Shaman is helping the druid achieve such a feat. Though don't be ignorant and assume that an Orc wouldn't kill a Cleric, Blood mage or other wizard unless they were serving some other purpose.

38 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

19 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Fucked

19 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Up

Edited by Honor

It still makes no sense why people think this will take away from shamanism since it isn't shamanism, or even anything to do with the planes that shamanism has. A shaman literally goes up to a Druid and teaches him how to connect to their own (Druid's) plane of the Eternal Forest. Not the ancestral plane or any of that. The eternal forest. Not to mention, orcs and Shamans have from time to time worked together. Even Buubztick said in his death post book that Druidism is the second best form of dirty worship, with shamanism ahead of it (paraphrasing). So the whole "shamans would NEVER help druids" is more of a shaman to shaman thing, not an across the board thing