Druidism Addition [Feat] Druidic Transcendence

HedgeHug

No one magic belongs to one race have none of you watched Avatar: The Last Airbender. Different styles of bending can be used in other bending styles find harmony and spirit bending

This is a lore submission. Not a grounds to bicker about IC problems. Any and all topics related in such a manner will remain IC. If orcs start to metagame people who begin to learn this feat, then they are in the hands of the GM team. Keep this civil and talk about the lore piece. 

Second note. Both shamanism and druidism are not race locked magics. Cultures revolving around the magics, are just that. Cultures. And something to deal with ICly. 

Lore itself. In no way is a shaman invoking any magic to achieve teaching this feat. This feat, as some pointed out, has been a possibility of occurring given several various lores hinting it. Including the Fae Realm and Fairy Ring lore. Druids cannot do this with any other plane. Only the Fae Realm. 

8 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

This is a lore submission. Not a grounds to bicker about IC problems. Any and all topics related in such a manner will remain IC.

A main issue is that this lore introduces an in character issue that can not be solved through RP. 

A druid-shaman friendship agreement? Count me in.

On 11/6/2017 at 9:52 AM, Honor said:

I just hope Shamans get a say in this. And trust me, this is NOT what the orcish playerbase wants, or needs.

This, however, is a very important thing to have straightened out first. I can see why the Orcs would not want to volunteer themselves to give Druids a buff without getting anything in return

Also, how is this "influenced to move outside of the Fae Ring" catch going to be monitored? I doubt many people will willingly risk themselves getting PK'd and will likely not RP this happening unless there's crystal-clear rules compelling them in some way.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in a week or so.

11/21 Edit: Due to some changes made recently, we are currently extending the vote. A verdict will be posted here in another week or so.

@The Pink Lion I still have feedback regarding this thread... will be posting once I gather enough evidence.

On my thoughts of the lore itself, I think its good. Druids being able to explore the Fae Realm opens up huge new avenues of RP for them. As for the overlap with Shamanism... there really isn't any. It's druids learning how to enter the druidic realm. Not druids learning shamanism or entering the shamanic realm.

I don't mind a Shaman being able to show them how to do it, but I also would like it added that druids are capable of figuring it out for themselves. After all, if every other deity magic/group is able to figure out how to get itno their deific planes on their own then the Druids shouldnt NEED a shaman to show them how (although it can help).

The thing is guys, shamans have a whole host of things that they can do that you'd want to kill them for but you can't. Even if a shaman right now went to the druids to smoke grass and be whitewash as **** there's nothing you could do about that either. 

8 hours ago, zaezae said:

Even if a shaman right now went to the druids to smoke grass and be whitewash as **** there's nothing you could do about that either. 

This about sums up the issue.

I will thank @WuHanXianShi14 for his efforts in explaining and answering questions on this thread.

I mean, it doesn't have a lot to do with Shamanism, but I get the whole 'no disconnect' thing. I'm 50/50 on the topic, maybe shamanism can have a disconnect feature? Other than that it's some nice lore +1

On 11/5/2017 at 9:51 AM, HedgeHug said:

For the conflict between Aspectists and Spiritualists was a wrongful one. The shamans falsely assumed that those following natural deities other than the spirits acted against them. Whereas those following the Aspects path thrived in the arts of natural communion, and upheld natural balance. By doing so directly empowering the spiritual entities representing all nature: Freygoth, Greater of Nature. Votar, Greater of the Hunt. Arwa, Greater of Fertility.

And by the druids power of herblore and advanced knowledge of medicine: Akezo too was pleased.

It became apparent to Shagarath that there was no strife between these divinities and in order to let others know - struck a deal with Freygoth.

aa31754f532ce23d657c65d52b8e10b7.png

I really don't think it's even considerable that Spiritual Meditation can somehow merge and allow access to the Eternal Forest of the Druids. The most a Druid could learn from the Shaman is the meditation alone for since they have a bond with the Aspects (and not the Spirits) they could not use their concentration and meditation for Spirit Walking in a completely separate realm from the Spirits.

I'll summarize this lore in a pretty simple way: This is a way that it makes it so that you can use a latauman friend to take you to the fairie ring realm or something like that, and this is absolutely uneeded.

Firstly, the farseer can't go by himself there, why would he be able to teach someone else to go there? The fae realm and the spirit realm are two completely different things, please.

Secondly, why do you need a shaman while druids can probably do something like this by themselves? Why not create a lore that directly influences druids? Why would the spirits give some sort of blessing to the druids due to the progress on herblore while the orcish spirits dispute over worship with one another? This just promotes worship to different deities.

Third, this seems more like a fail attempt to promote a shaman-druid relationship that a very small shred of our entire culture supports. All that it'll do is to make angry orcs raid druids, and no one will be able to prove that they're raiding because of the lore being accepted.

u4r4vz.jpg

9 minutes ago, Humanistic said:

I really don't think it's even considerable that Spiritual Meditation can somehow merge and allow access to the Eternal Forest of the Druids. The most a Druid could learn from the Shaman is the meditation alone for since they have a bond with the Aspects (and not the Spirits) they could not use their concentration and meditation for Spirit Walking in a completely separate realm from the Spirits.

I believe you've either misunderstood or misread the lore. Never does it state that there is a merger of spiritual meditation.

It is merely stated that the theoretical knowledge on the mechanics of plane walking, namely those of meditation, tether use and guidance, contribute to druids being capable of this feat.

8 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

I'll summarize this lore in a pretty simple way: This is a way that it makes it so that you can use a latauman friend to take you to the fairie ring realm or something like that, and this is absolutely uneeded.

The entirety of your three-point argument is invalid except for the third. Read the lore before you post.

This was made to support/bring interest to interaction between the groups. This is on an entirely voluntary base leaving shamans that do not wish to do this any less powerful. Your argument on orcs raiding druids is an in character matter, not a lore matter.

And it can be considered Metagaming as well, if done solely by the acceptance of this lore.