Simple changes to Muyakelgs.

Zacho

This is going to be quick and easy since its a few things that need changed.

First off i want to make it so Ancestral Muyakelgs don't bleed spirit energy when stabbed, as per the lore that DivineJustice wrote it states muyakelgs bleed spirit energy. Reason for removing that is simply because muyakelgs cant get healed normally, like a persons natural regeneration, since their body doesn't actually have working organs and doesn't pump blood.

Secondly I'd like to halt all creation of new Elemental Muaykelgs. While they do make sense on paper, in actual use they don't work and are unbalanced and generally just not fun to play or have very little to offer in the way or rp.

Lastly I'd like to extend the time it takes before a muyakelg must be recharged, three days isn't much, i want to extend it to a weekly process instead of two or three times a week. 7 days till they need refueling. Consuming ghosts will give them one extra week. A compromise from the first lore write of it where it was two weeks per spectral consumed.

Clarifications:

Muyakelgs wouldn't bleed invisible spirit energy that has no defined amount till they 'bleed out'.

They only need refueled once per week, or every seven irl days.

No more elemental muyakelgs for now simply because they aren't played anyway and don't work in rp.

The lore

Thats all i've got.

Edited by Zacho

I need to actually catch up on muyakelgs but all this doesn't sound bad.

It's not about seeing how elemental muyakelgs are unbalanced, but they have a couple ways to be powergamed if you have creativity. Honestly, they sound more like a power creep than anything else to me

but regular muyakelgs are fun

1 hour ago, BoomBot said:

What RP have you seen that makes you say elemental muyakelgs are unbalanced? 

*Rolls up sleeves*

First off you have the four base elemental Muyakelgs, earth air water and fire. As per what Divine said you naturally absorb the element that you are made of. Air doesnt make sense, neither does earth in that case. Air is a tornado and would constantly get bigger no matter what due to the nature of spinning things. Earth would basically be walking on stilts in a few moments. The '12 emote' curse where you may only do 12 emotes of  using your element before needing refueled, crp on average takes that amount minimum, or at least in a somewhat melee duel. Next you have the Storm muyakelg which has a major flaw. If you threw a stick into the muyakelg at any place they would be forced to pk because lighting will automatically transfer into anything it comes into contact with in like one millionth of a second, second with them is that they are attracted to metal naturally, meaning a gate would draw them in and, again, kill them. As we all know every city has a gate except the halflings and really rp at the halflings only has peak times and etc on halfling activity. Then you had the whole metal muyakelg fiasco where you could, in theory, make a metal muyakelg. These were massive walking pieces of metal that basically were unkillable and could do as they wish, who is gonna stop a giant metal bloodsteel golem. They can break through gate with their ability to control metal or at least i saw one do it. If made of bloodsteel, extremely strong steel, they are going to weight tons because of being pure metal. They can create sharp weapons to slice through flesh, hard metal objects to just beat things down, and can shoot off spikes of metal. Thats sharp, blunt, and ranged capability all in one. Touching on base elementals you have the problem of them not really being that interesting. One would think that if you are literally made of an element you'd have absolute control over a very large mass of it, this is false. I mean unbalanced in the fact that metal muyakelgs could basically min max themselves and that the other 5 are trash. I played two types and found both being useless for the most part.

48 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

It's not about seeing how elemental muyakelgs are unbalanced, but they have a couple ways to be powergamed if you have creativity. Honestly, they sound more like a power creep than anything else to me

but regular muyakelgs are fun

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in two weeks or so. Votes have slowed due to holidays, 6.0 release, and finals/Winter Break and they will resume back to their normal pace of 1 week once things have settled down, I apologize for the inconvenience.

This lore is pending, we will be contacting the shaman playerbase to get their feelings on the matter before making a final decision.

Edit: Lore moved to denied due to Muyakelgs being shelved.