Runesmithing Revision - Proposing Alternatives

Medvekoma

New dwarf wants to learn runesmithing talked to me today about it. Told him he can talk to josh oocly. As soon as the beardling asked josh told him to seek him out in roleplay and prove himself rply. 

Biggest thing anyone can do is ask kn roleplay. Consider why you want to know the magic rply. If Zaher says no there is probably a reason for it.

Dont make your own lore/magic cause you cant get it the way it is already.

I do like the lore but it's a work around from what the lore already is.

6 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

New dwarf wants to learn runesmithing talked to me today about it. Told him he can talk to josh oocly. As soon as the beardling asked josh told him to seek him out in roleplay and prove himself rply. 

Biggest thing anyone can do is ask kn roleplay. Consider why you want to know the magic rply. If Zaher says no there is probably a reason for it.

Don't have to make this accusatory, because it just leaves a terrible taste and proves a rather dire point about the situation.

Expand on your "work around" critique, if you could please. Here's to constructive discussion, and not to discuss circlejerks and how they actually aren't because they predate for new players.

Guest Guest
25 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

I get that point. But why does josh get to have that power to decide? The dude is known to manipulate people to get what he wants. Why have the magic locked to a circle jerk of friends. It's insane to me that the exclusivity of this magic is being defended. Josh's entire self-worth depends on him being the top runesmith.

4 minutes ago, dsdevil said:

I get that point. But why does josh get to have that power to decide? The dude is known to manipulate people to get what he wants. Why have the magic locked to a circle jerk of friends. It's insane to me that the exclusivity of this magic is being defended.

It's not exclusive, more and more are being taught. Yes people known by the teachers and no ****, I would much rather teach someone I know and trust before someone who is on the other side plotting to kill me and my friends.

He isnt the only teacher nor the only one that knows the ritual. I do however agree there should be more.

I didn't suck up to josh or my teacher yeulf to learn it. I did it through roleplay and being on good terms in roleplay. 

26 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

It's not exclusive, more and more are being taught. Yes people known by the teachers and no ****, I would much rather teach someone I know and trust before someone who is on the other side plotting to kill me and my friends.

He isnt the only teacher nor the only one that knows the ritual. I do however agree there should be more.

I didn't suck up to josh or my teacher yeulf to learn it. I did it through roleplay and being on good terms in roleplay. 

17c.png

I was there my dude. You weren't even active at the time, returned to take up Yemekar's Pick as a position given to you by a council of Fimlin, Josh, Dreek and Yeulf, with an MA in runesmithing as flavour straight away. I didn't want to go down this road but 3 of the current teachers regularly play together OOC, along with two of the students. Sweated my arse off to smith and maintain Urguan activity and was only told "later" over and over and never even got a chance to RP because the clique was busy being inactive with other games. Suprise, the next teacher's gonna be the whitename prancing around with /fly in the video made by Josh, Zemos and Ioannis. Who are other runesmiths? Yes, Josh Zemos and Ioannis. Rigthy. Az'adar chose to teach a Holmite ... Dimlin. Wait, who was Yemekar's Pick after you? Dimlin.

I've my transfig MA up, and opted to pursue that over runesmithing since it's well-defined and the elven communiy is less toxic and inbred with their lore. But making those claims and accusations on a random thread with that specific signature beneath your name screams hipocrisy from miles.

Keep this thread on point, please. Of lore, not the circlejerk.

This Hiebe dude is a real funny guy. Start of the map he tells me he’s sick of Josh hounding all the runesmithing magic and that he’ll work to create some eventlines that’ll allow Dwarves to “reclaim” magic because he hates the circlejerk.

About a week later he informs me that this has been changed to only golemancy because a higher up he could not name had veto’d the runesmithing part of the eventline ( wonder who lol??? ).  Eventline never happened btw.

Then a few months later I hear Hiebe’s been guarenteed his teaching position by the Ironborn Runelord, who convinently also joined Hiebe’s nation. And now I see Hiebe venomently defending this broken, abused and circlejerk magic using the same ole run down argument of Josh keeps everything in RP. Even though time and time again it has been proven that Josh is a vindictive, manipulative and poor member of the community who should not be given any OOC powers because he will abuse them.

Guess none of that matters though Hiebe, as long as you got yours.

Funny guy Hiebe though.

56 minutes ago, Medvekoma said:

Suprise, the next teacher's gonna be the whitename prancing around with /fly in the video made by Josh, Zemos and Ioannis.

Hey! That's me! So I should say: not a white name anymore cause I enjoy the server and wanted to help out, I have not been selected to be a teacher nor will I be in the time it takes me to learn the magic, and I would imagine a significant amount of time afterwards based off of how the magic could work with the re-write. The video you mentioned with some of us with /fly has literally nothing to do with runesmithing and was just a showcase for a building project we all undertook and found amusing to show off. 

4 hours ago, Raomir said:

Dam that's some cherry picking at its finest. 

Yea I wanted to help and see if we can open up rune lore, got smacked down cause lore isnt under world dev.

I'm not a teacher, just a user, been working on getting the TA but meh no point now tbh.

Since we have finally gotten down to the core of your rewrite. **** it let the lore mods change it, you haven't been able to get it in roleplay, through events, through ET staff, through admins, make you're own lore. Make your own runesmithing, who cares, let the lore team decide.

runesmithing is probably one of the biggest wasted opportunities on the server

it's a bit upsetting

3 hours ago, Hiebe said:

Dam that's some cherry picking at its finest. 

Yea I wanted to help and see if we can open up rune lore, got smacked down cause lore isnt under world dev.

I'm not a teacher, just a user, been working on getting the TA but meh no point now tbh.

Since we have finally gotten down to the core of your rewrite. **** it let the lore mods change it, you haven't been able to get it in roleplay, through events, through ET staff, through admins, make you're own lore. Make your own runesmithing, who cares, let the lore team decide.

Can you like, stop. You haven't gotten a single comment related to the re-write other than accusations on this thread. If you want to see rune lore opened up, support a re-write that curbs the teaching altar and defines everything firm, clear and straight-up. 

Tbh, if the kids can't play nice with their toys, take them away.

4 hours ago, Elrith said:

Big agreed

7 hours ago, Elrith said:

Who's at fault here when you've got big bully josh hoarding all the toys to himself and his select friends

Just now, TheWitherKingHD said:

Who's at fault here when you've got big bully josh hoarding all the toys to himself and his select friends

Are they RPly or OOCly keeping you from learning the magic? RPly keeping someone from learning a magic would be ignoring them IRP or telling them no IRP. OOCly keeping someone from learning a magic is using purely OOC to stop them, such as telling them 'no' over discord, telling other people to tell them 'no' IRP over discord. Really, people on both sides are blaming one side but I just think that maybe both sides could potentially be a problem. Like I said, play nice if you want to keep your toys.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:18 PM, TheWitherKingHD said:

What a constructive comment reacting to a lore rewrite proposal.

thanks, I really worked hard