marimbamonk

Community Update: Week of August 20th, 2018

Hello again, everyone! Zac here, the current Community Manager for LotC.

I just wanted to take some time to let you guys know a few of the projects and improvements to the server that are currently on my agenda.

Rules Updates

I’m currently working with the Forum team on an update to the forum rules of LotC, so that our forum rules will more resemble those of more established, major video-game companies.

These are our current forum rules: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/170108-forum-rules/

And these are an example of the type of forum rules I would like us to adopt: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

Taking a look between these two documents, one can see how much more specific and all-encompassing the forum rules of a company like Blizzard are, as opposed to here on LotC. Hopefully updating our forum rules to take some of those aspects will improve our experience here on LotC.

From the forum rules updates, I would then like to work with the GM team and Admins to bring an update to the server rules as a whole, so that they reflect whatever changes were brought to the forums.

Your View: Administration – Submissions Close Tuesday Night

Last week I posted the “Your View: Administration”, where you guys can voice your feedback and concerns about our administration team and their conduct.

In the interest of time, we’ll be closing the form from submissions this Tuesday, August 21st, at 11:59pm PT.

Starting Wednesday the 22nd, I’ll be going through the feedback and organizing submissions that were similar or were concerning similar issues. I’ll propose and discuss these issues with the Administration, and from there they will provide a response statement either in the form of a forum post or an appearance on the LotC Talkshow, or both.

Your feedback will go directly into improving how our Administration conducts themselves, as well as what issues and concerns our attention should be most focused on as we continue developing.

I’ll keep you guys posted!

Clarifications on how to report harassment or other inappropriate behavior on LotC

A communication post is coming very soon that will detail the best way for anyone in the community to report inappropriate behavior on LotC. In the “Recent Concerns” post, we addressed that we wanted there to be a clear and easy way for community members to report inappropriate behaviors, and that is now going to be addressed in the aforementioned post that is coming soon.

Many community members were upset by the apparent latency of action during that previous incident, and this post will now hopefully make the reporting and action process run smoother and more quickly.

Community Meetings, LotC Talkshow

I’m also looking into restarting our monthly Community Meetings that we’ve had on LotC in the past. This will be happening most likely with the dawn of the new month (September). Again, I’ll keep you guys posted!

In addition, the LotC Talkshow will be continuing to run on my Twitch channel. Scheduling always varies on the staff availability, but expect Talkshows with the Application team and the Administration team soon! Other staff teams and guests to come.

Final Words

That’s it for now. There are a lot more things that are missing from this post that are on my agenda, or that I would like to talk about in general, but this is just a few of the things I had the time to chronicle right now.

I'd really like to see what you guys have to say about:

• rules updates

• community meeting topics/activities

• talkshow topics/guest requests

• basically anything else

In the comments below. Thankee! 🙂

Hope you guys have a good day, and see you around!

A good place to start if for GMs actually handling important situations asap. It shouldn't take weeks for one incident to be handled. I'm still waiting for a response from a GM over a situation that's happened about 2-3 weeks ago. 

Zach is now FDR, giving us fireside talks to get us through the depression

Edited by ImperialRoyalist

3 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

A good place to start if for GMs actually handling important situations asap. It shouldn't take weeks for one incident to be handled. I'm still waiting for a response from a GM over a situation that's happened about 2-3 weeks ago. 

This is entirely my fault for the situation you are talking about