The Div'cruan - Devoid of Pain

Areon

The Div'cruan

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Forged in the strife of the Fringe wars, The Div'cruan were created many years ago to protect the Mali'ker and their homes within Ker'lomi. Their duty is first and foremost to their people and the Ancestors.

Through war and the ages, the Div’cruan upholds its sacred charge, the eternal vigil of the Ancestors who have come before them. As their name entails, they are to show no pain and no fear when they meet their enemy. The Mali'ker are a passionate people, yet in service of the Div’cruan they must not let passion get in the way of their duties, for passion leads to bloodlust. The Div’cruan must be devoid of feeling, just as Onyx is devoid of light. There is no joy in killing, there is no disdain in it either. Killing is simply a method to keep the Mali'ker safe. Nothing more, nothing less - Nothing.

Similar to the Archons of olden days, the Div'cruan show dedication to the Ancestors. Acting as their Champions and aiding in teaching populace of how to venerate and honour them, many Div’cruan will dedicate themselves and their lifestyles to a specific Ancestor, often idolizing and training in ways similar to theirs.

Base Ranks

QfVVacC.png

Aspirant

New blood of the Div’cruan, Mali’ker of strong hearts willing to serve their people; Aspirants are the newly armed members of the Div’cruan, yet to have receive their trials of initiation.

Vindicator

The bulk of the ashen guard, the duty of a Vindicator is to follow the orders given to them by their superiors, protect their home, and uphold the ways of the Ancestors adamantly. These members of the Div’cruan often take pilgrimage together to Ancestral way-shrines in celebration and mourning of great events.

Hierarch

A mali'ker at the rank of Hierarch been promoted by either the Ordinator or the Prince of Vira’ker for outstanding duty. The job of a Hierarch is to moderate and oversee the Aspirants as well as conduct Ancestral teachings and trials for them and potential new Initiates.

Ordinator

A rank given only to a select few veteran Div’cruan who have displayed outstanding devotion to the people and the Ancestors. These are the Commanders of the mali'ker troops. Tasked with issuing orders to the soldiers and handing down orders from the Prince. Their word is to be followed to the letter.

Rank Specializations (Mages and Holy Mages)

Adept

Aspirants who are skilled in the Void or Other deific magic aside from Shamanism, yet still holding interest to serve the Ancestors; Once receiving their armor and weapons, they await their Test of Faith and Skill with this rank.

Sorcerer

A full battle-worthy mage of the Div’cruan. Their duty is to follow the orders given to them by their superiors, protect their home, and uphold the ways of the Ancestors adamantly, as well as assist in education Adepts on the proper use of magic. They are on par to Vindicators.

Censurer

A full battle-worthy deific mage of the Div’cruan. Their duty is to follow the orders given to them by their superiors, protect their home, and uphold the ways of the Ancestors adamantly, as well as assist in medical duties. They are on par to Vindicators.

Magos

This mali'ker voidal mage has been promoted by either the Ordinator or the Prince for outstanding duty. Their job is to moderate and oversee the Adepts as well as conduct Ancestral teachings for Aspirants, Adepts, Vindicators, and Sorcerers. They are on par to Hierarchs.

Prelate

This mali'ker deific mage has been promoted by either the Ordinator or the Prince for outstanding duty. Their job is to moderate and oversee the Adepts as well as conduct Ancestral teachings for Aspirants, Adepts, Vindicators, and Censurers. They are on par to Hierarchs.

Test of Faith (Initiate Trials)

When an Aspirant or Adept completes their training and are ready to take the next steps to becoming a full member of the Div’cruan, they must undergo a simple test of faith. Hierarchs, Ordinators or even the Prince himself will bestow a task onto them that they see will best prove the recruit. These tasks can differ depending on which ranked member decided and at times these tasks may even be quite dangerous; Often times related to a Spirit or Ancestor in nature.

The Ancestral Pledge

All mali'ker who complete their tests of faith must utter this pledge before becoming a Vindicator or some sort of Specialized role.

I, ___, swear upon my life to uphold the honor of my loved ones lost. My life is devoted to furthering the mali'ker in all forms. I do not seek sin, I seek the love of my Ancestors. I do not seek glory, the glory is theirs. I do not seek riches, coin is meaningless in the Astral Plane. If I stray from the path and into that of the barbarian then I relinquish my life and accept that I may never dwell with our blessed.

War Chant

Spoiler

Div’cruan

Div’wyn

Div’san

Div’lirrin

El’tos’narn lye adil tuva

El’tos’narn el’igne’sae uhierir

Miyumier berr

Miyumier sil

Miyumier ker

Miyumier ihnsil

El’tos’narn lye adil tuvaEl’tos’narn

el’igne’sae uhierir

Chul igne’sae

Chul evar

Chul miar’sae

Chul okar

Lye igne’sae uhieriran

((Written for us by Watyll))

hBvCH3Y-ZllSTxrvivJs-SX_nZB-Ga2dDBmYtMBUUO6mqLxejySaKrKwxZgZpNO1bSXXiWYBbOcNjoGGTqNWec5EfxrakrqPB37g4JG-fb5422LUvBlkAOyC9sjx1vTMrP9BcSkZ

(IC)

Name:

Do you intend to learn, or do you perform, any sort of Voidal or Deific art? Which?

Do you accept that in joining this order you may at times be tasked with taking the life of another mali’ker?

Do you accept that under particular circumstances you may be removed from the order?

And under serious enough terms, executed?

(OOC)

MC Name:

Discord:

((Please put your answers to these questions in a different color than the text))

Name: Ravar

Do you intend to learn, or do you perform, any sort of Voidal or Deific art? Which?

I do not know either, though I hope and plan to learn Voidal magic in the future.

Do you accept that in joining this order you may at times be tasked with taking the life of another mali’ker?

yes

Do you accept that under particular circumstances you may be removed from the order?

yes

(OOC)

MC Name:

Fkdatguy

Discord:

Fkdatguy #7867

(IC)

Name:

Arzota Shadeleaf – Des’nox

Later third century

Male

Do you intend to learn, or do you perform, any sort of Voidal or Deific art? Which?

I’m knowledgeable in transfiguration.

Entirely.

Honor my name at least with a fair trial.

(OOC)

MC Name: You know it.

Discord: You have it.

22 minutes ago, f__k_dat_guy said:

Name: Ravar

I do not know either, though I hope and plan to learn Voidal magic in the future.

yes

yes

(OOC)

MC Name:

Fkdatguy

Discord:

Fkdatguy #7867

Accepted, Aspirant.

19 minutes ago, ¤Arzota¤ said:

(IC)

Name:

Arzota Shadeleaf – Des’nox

Later third century

Male

Do you intend to learn, or do you perform, any sort of Voidal or Deific art? Which?

I’m knowledgeable in transfiguration.

Entirely.

Honor my name at least with a fair trial.

(OOC)

MC Name: You know it.

Discord: You have it.

Accepted as a Sorcerer due to former affilitations with Ker’nor.