[✗] Drazhai

Lava1izard

Drazhai

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vQTiq98lJca8i_-5UEsDDge0stGlT8E11p_bAEXyVG9LL0d5_JKOy8vfRZd3fPFIbrzT1ojNWiXCowXLgf_ow1AtwocwsVVInjfQF_MJEy7jDk0QcRGeHrIg7aHwM9ocMe956ULO

Appearance:

The Drazhai is a large quadrupedal lizard which has a long tail which it can use for defense by lashing it out at any attacker. It also bears large claws that assist in its natural ability to conquer difficult terrain, along with the help of its tail. They weigh upwards of 1500 lbs and are around 15 ft long; head to tail. At full height, they are 6 ft tall, and at their lowest; 4.5 ft tall. The Drazhai’s natural scale color is tan or reddish.

Taming:

The Drazhai are relatively easy to tame, but the hard part is searching for them in the sands of the desert. The way to tame them is by bringing them large amounts of cactus for them to feed off of, and letting it see that you mean it no harm, soon enough after a few interactions with the same Drazhai it will befriend you. Another way of taming the Drazhai, is to sneak into its nest and steal the eggs right from under their noses. Then you will need to care for the egg until it hatches; keeping it warm and begin stockpiling cactus juice for them to feed upon after hatching. The Drazhai babies must be fed cactus juice to feed them, for their body is not developed enough where they can eat it raw. If you already have a female Drazhai then the hatchlings can be fed it’s milk.

Behavior:

The Drazhai is a peaceful and affectionate creature, they are herbivores who mainly consume cactus. They can achieve this because of their leathery mouth and tongue, which also has no nerve receptors in it, so the spines of the cactus’ are ineffective against them. The Drazhai also have two stomachs to aid in the digestion of the cactus they preferably eat. They are also not easily scared by other creatures, but will rather hide or run from a predator, since they are intelligent enough to realize that they aren't the best at fighting. In their natural habitat of the desert, they sleep under the sands to avoid being hunted in the night by predators.

Traits:

The Drazhai have a long tail which they can use in defense of itself as well as a spit it sprays from its mouth which can blind its attacker while the Drazhai flees from the predator. It also has a second eyelid which can lower over its normal eye to help it see predators in the dark, letting it have a chance to escape before the predator has a chance to catch wind of it. This second eyelid gives it a lesser version of thermal vision. Although, the heat vision blurs its sight, letting it see blobs of heat in any direction it looks.

Breeding and Aging:

The Drazhai can live up to 15 years in the wild due to predators and possibly up to 50 years in captivity. The Drazhai grows to its full size after the age of 5 years, and it can begin to search for a mate after that 5 year mark. When the Drazhai mates, it takes the female around 7 months for gestation, and lays 2-3 eggs which hatch 3 months later into a baby Drazhai. For the eggs to hatch, they need the extreme heat of the desert for them to hatch; so they can grow properly.

History:

The Drazhai was originally discovered by the Weeagh clan in their exploration of the desert. They were named thus by Gruzg’Weeagh and Yahzi’Weeagh while they were out looking for alchemical ingredients. Once they spotted the creature, they watched it for a time, as it ate cactus and moved on to another bunch of cactus. Feeling as they were the first to discover this creature, they named it the Drazhai for its appearance of a dragon and partially because Yahzi was writing in the sand and mixed the name idea with his name. So the creature came to be the Drazhai.

Red Lines:

• Can be used for defense but not an outright attack, unless an ET forces the Drazhai to using ET magic

• The Drazhai’s eggs must be hatched in the desert

• The spit loses its effect after 5 emotes, and cannot kill it’s target

• The Drazhai can carry a maximum of two people at a time

(Written with the help of DarkElfs)

I like writing in the sand. . . make feel good. 

But, anyways hopefully this more rp set mount is liked! I like the idea of it, myself at least. 

This seems like it’d be cooler as a swamp thing than a desert thing. We already have a ton of exotic desert mounts. I’d also consider reforming the non-combat redline to being defensive-only, as they have multiple defensive abilities ( blinding, slappy tail ) that could be used to flee from an attacker, but they’d qualify as combat for the sake of the encounter.

Other than that, this seems really cool. I miss the creature index.

edit: +1

Edited by Gallic

I’m pretty sure there was something very very similar to this that was denied a long time ago. The Xoatol, I think they were called... However they were a CA race and not just an ET playable creature, as I assume this is. Imo this doesn’t really feel like it would add much to the server. It seems really bland.

3 hours ago, Tuarz said:

Maybe a slightly height/weight nerf, but seems really cool otherwise!

+1

The height of 6 ft is mostly from the long neck and head, when the head is lowered in line with the rest of the body, its around 4.5 ft.

1 hour ago, Gallic said:

This seems like it’d be cooler as a swamp thing than a desert thing. We already have a ton of exotic desert mounts. I’d also consider reforming the non-combat redline to being defensive-only, as they have multiple defensive abilities ( blinding, slappy tail ) that could be used to flee from an attacker, but they’d qualify as combat for the sake of the encounter.

Other than that, this seems really cool. I miss the creature index.

edit: +1

Thanks, ill change the defense redline

On 2/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, Unwillingly said:

I’m pretty sure there was something very very similar to this that was denied a long time ago. The Xoatol, I think they were called... However they were a CA race and not just an ET playable creature, as I assume this is. Imo this doesn’t really feel like it would add much to the server. It seems really bland.

I can’t tell if you’re making a joke or not 

2 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

Im not

This is an animal submission my dude. Not a race

2 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

This is an animal submission my dude. Not a race

… I know? I never said they were. It doesn’t change my opinion about them.

2 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

… I know? I never said they were. It doesn’t change my opinion about them.

Then why did you mention the Xoatol and that these dudes were ET only...?

1 minute ago, Slothtastic said:

Then why did you mention the Xoatol and that these dudes were ET only...?

edit: misread what you said, it literally says that they’re an ET playable creature in the redlines 

On 2/2/2019 at 2:19 PM, Lava1izard said:

Can be used for defense but not an outright attack, unless an ET forces the Drazhai to using ET magic

25 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

edit: misread what you said, it literally says that they’re an ET playable creature in the redlines 

9 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

Thanks for proving my point

But regardless, I honestly don’t care whether or not they’re an ET playable creature or not, going back to my first point: 

On 2/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, Unwillingly said:

Imo this doesn’t really feel like it would add much to the server. It seems really bland.

9 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

Thanks for proving my point

But regardless, I honestly don’t care whether or not they’re an ET playable creature or not, going back to my first point: 

What? He’s talking about IF an ET uses the creature. I don’t care if you don’t like the creature. I’m just confused as to how you think this is a ET only thing. This is a playable creature, a mount.