Sign in to follow this  
Vaasek

= Vale, Eques Magnam =

VALE, EQUES MAGNAM

-=-

6UoTDbLqr1LmHVSr-ba533KjwZpur1TYny6QQkpo6L2BotIiJFZNkYCyWsreKLOSSDFC92RB4bUUA2Pt79gx1gChKBafjKYz2xpvvb5DZydxIwyhApQKyOqh6GHQVNTYxKcposoJ

(A colorized depiction of the beheading of the snake, Darius Ault, c. 1711)

Oh call out in joy and glee, good people of Arcas! Call out in glee for dishonor has been met with justice and oh what brutal justice it was! O’ reader, read this and be filled with the bittersweet taste of justice well served and deserved! For months and months had we to endure the infuriating decision of the Corpse Emperor to choose none other than the dishonorable Darius Ault for the position of Grand Knight! The man, misguided and perhaps even crazed by his old age and lunacy, had dared to run incursions to arrest good folk of Adria during its most prosperous times and killed people who deserved nothing more than more prosperity. But now, dear reader, now his time hath come!

One of our most honorable, most valiant, Are’dal, had found the Imperial dog, like many had before him, skulking about the razed fields of the once-so-proud Ves! Approaching the Grand Knight, Are’dal did not hesitate to draw his blade ‘pon the known man, though not famous, infamous for his dishonorable deeds, crimes, a list that goes on and on. A hand, cut off for his atrocities! Questioning him about the most recent treaty of the re-vassalization of Adria as a Princedom - oh woe! - the Grand Knight felt… threatened! He whimpered and whinged, and thus, Are’dal and him fought!

Though Are’dal’s skill was unmatched, the man’s expert bowmanship granting him o’-swift victory over the Paragon of the Knights of the Empire. What a fool! On the ground, injured and tired, Are’dal stood atop him, proud and stoic. The next scenes, my dearest reader, I shall describe with what can only be named as pleasurable terror. Are’dal, infuriated by the Grand Knight’s audacity to return to Ves after what the boy-toys of the Emperor had done, bound the Grand Knight in rope and chain, gagging him and setting a sack over his head. Dragging him from the roads onwards to the crisped crops of the City, Are’dal threw him ‘pon the charcoaled ground, taking the sack off the Grand Knight’s head, and staring down at him. Muttering the words most recently used by my fellow writer, Nine-Lives Davis, “Vale Imperium”, Are’dal would savagely impale the Grand Knight’s throat upon his sword, oh how gruesome, but how deserved!

Not pleased and convinced that the horrors the Grand Knight had caused were not up to his execution thus far, Are’dal kicked him off the blade and onto the ground. The man, gargling in his blood, begged for mercy from the executioner’s blooded sword. But the executioner had no mercy, no respite for the man before his very feet. Gazing down on the gargling man, he would slash clean through the already damaged neck to slip the head free of it’s muscle and bone, the cranium rolling about, before Are’dal grabbed it. A trophy, of course, a prize for killing such an infamous though prestigious figure.

Vale, Eques Magnam

-=-

Ser Darius Ault laughs at the missive as he relaxes in his house. These fan fictions are gettin’ weirder n’weirder.” he’d comment, sipping some juice.

Demetrio smirked in Illatian, rubbing two coins together, “Y’all did-a what I could not, the CREATOR is with you.”

Ulysse laughed at Darius’ comment as he watched him from inside his closet

Anastasia scoffs and lets out a slight laugh. “Traitors get what they deserve, and in the end the real monsters will be shown no mercy from the Creator.”

The inquisitor remembers watching half of the Adrian dissenters dying o.O.

Posted (edited)

Conan Vallberg shudders as he reads the missive. Mostly because he felt cramped in the room of which he did so, triggering his claustrophobia. A brutal story, one that would go well amongst other fiction works such as "Vault return dates" and "Feedback noted".

Edited by ChaseusBelli

"Ah yes, now they'll claim the Grand Knight is undead. Just like these guys keep dying and coming back again, and again, and again." Ser Aldis Chase said to himself upon reading the missive, finding it to be quite an amusing piece of literature.

“Doesn’t this give us a casus beli against norland, he does after all keep saying hes from there!” said Thomas.

"Darius is known socially awkward!"

The powerful Waldenian man known as Ser Jan Sigmar, the Blood Raven, also an admirer of fan-fiction and scientific works alike, set aside said works of Herr von Spivey to pen an excited fan letter to his newest favorite author! @Voidal_

Lieber Autor,

I consider myself one of your most faithful and greatest fans, and your works on par with other classics of alternate history fiction such as The Desolation of Oren, The Final Call, and The Lusty Kharajyr Maid; truly, such an eloquent writer has not graced the realms with their presence since the likes of Herr Toby “The Rat King” Junior. To see our Kaiser praised as an immortal deity adds an interesting dimension to your fan-fiction, a refreshing idea in the sea of mediocre war-and-hammer works popular in the early days of our Reich, and the addition of Herr Darius as a recurring character had definitely been a bold move, well received within the former and fiery Adrian realm.

I do have an earnest inquiry regarding the consistency of your plot lines and points of divergence, however; does your latest work take part in an alternate universe where Herr Darius’ bold killer, Herr Are’dal, hadn’t been brutally slain in the Imperial throne room with the Adrian retinue, or has said Herr Are’dal developed necromantic powers akin to those of the Reiver company and Lich-Queen Cyrene? I believe it would serve the integrity of your work well to clarify this plot point, as your faithful fans spend their nights wondering which of these two theories is correct.

I eagerly await your response.

GOTT MIT UNS

𝔍𝔞𝔫 ℜ𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔳𝔬𝔫 𝔄𝔩𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔦𝔪

Ser Jan Sigmar, Imperial Dragon Knight of Alstreim, Renatus and Waldenia, The Blood Raven of Lorraine, Keeper of the Blood Chalice and the Opal Crown, Savior and Liberator of the Sutican Realm

zuGAWMT.png 

3 hours ago, LithiumSedai said:

-snip-

A letter finds it’s way back to Ser Jan Ritter, penned by none other than the fiction write, “Nine-Lives” Davis, the stamp of a clown on the letter, as it read;

”Greetings, o’-good Jan Ritter! You see, my works are stories based loosely off reality. If we were to speak whom was slaughtered in that throne room, I ask you, Ser Ritter, was King Marius also not slaughtered by Imperial hand in the aforementioned throne room, yet it was somehow him that commanded the burning of Ves? I beg of you, ser Ritter, refrain yourself from hipocrisy. T’is not God’s way.

Signed,

“Nine-Lives” Davis, writer and bandit. 

7 hours ago, LithiumSedai said:

The powerful Waldenian man known as Ser Jan Sigmar, the Blood Raven, also an admirer of fan-fiction and scientific works alike, set aside said works of Herr von Spivey to pen an excited fan letter to his newest favorite author! @Voidal_

Lieber Autor,

I consider myself one of your most faithful and greatest fans, and your works on par with other classics of alternate history fiction such as The Desolation of Oren, The Final Call, and The Lusty Kharajyr Maid; truly, such an eloquent writer has not graced the realms with their presence since the likes of Herr Toby “The Rat King” Junior. To see our Kaiser praised as an immortal deity adds an interesting dimension to your fan-fiction, a refreshing idea in the sea of mediocre war-and-hammer works popular in the early days of our Reich, and the addition of Herr Darius as a recurring character had definitely been a bold move, well received within the former and fiery Adrian realm.

I do have an earnest inquiry regarding the consistency of your plot lines and points of divergence, however; does your latest work take part in an alternate universe where Herr Darius’ bold killer, Herr Are’dal, hadn’t been brutally slain in the Imperial throne room with the Adrian retinue, or has said Herr Are’dal developed necromantic powers akin to those of the Reiver company and Lich-Queen Cyrene? I believe it would serve the integrity of your work well to clarify this plot point, as your faithful fans spend their nights wondering which of these two theories is correct.

I eagerly await your response.

GOTT MIT UNS

𝔍𝔞𝔫 ℜ𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔳𝔬𝔫 𝔄𝔩𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔦𝔪

Ser Jan Sigmar, Imperial Dragon Knight of Alstreim, Renatus and Waldenia, The Blood Raven of Lorraine, Keeper of the Blood Chalice and the Opal Crown, Savior and Liberator of the Sutican Realm

zuGAWMT.png 

“We get it lat ‘powaful’” Says Leydluk annoyed that Jan Ritter von Alstreim has to keep reminding us that he is powerful. 

6 minutes ago, grubgoth_wud said:

“We get it lat ‘powaful’” Says Leydluk annoyed that Jan Ritter von Alstreim has to keep reminding us that he is powerful. 

”Danke,” said the Waldenian man known as Jan Ritter von Alstreim.