[✗] Magic Lore - Water Evocation

JustMeMorgan

Water Evocation Lore

-w5lWdoMt7cX2CwU1k9s1aLarYiXTQjFpAApoiFT8taJUALQy6o6D7Uml29qQxWY8gLpWGlmjU9UUWwjmDRcZ6TvmIziwQ7HbBvqfcHHVSVa22zlThcB6nGoU7YTbsCzfTOG5p5q

When the descendants truly grasped tethers in the void, they took fire, lightning, earth and air. Though not many really took up the art of water evocation, a deeply underestimated art, of which was a powerful art where true masters were capable to cast several states with their own properties and abilities, a true multi-tool that gently laid beneath all other evocations. Once water evocation truly rose it’s head people gasped with awe, masters, devoted ones were capable of conjuring torrents of ice shards, send people flying back with extreme jets of water, conjure large shields of ice that merely chipped at arrows.

Methodology

Water evocation is summoned alike all other arts, the mage focusses their mind on the void, establishing a deep link with it. From there the mage pictures the image of what he wishes to bring forth, be it ice, steam, snow or water. Shaping it to his will is hard to perform and usually, any fine requests come out crude, perfect spheres come with bumps and sometimes even jagged edges and so forth. The water evoker can choose to let his creations hover in the air, dripping with his aura, or let it seep against the ground usually unnoticed. A water evoker requires concentration and sight of his spells to maintain such a spell.

The Power of the Cold

EU6ptBUje9_dlAMrj21BmBN2jUPcQo4xtSw0GhATYANSLtno5OJzv2IQNbQ2u1sfSpQ7N94pkooo7dsyLcYn06wQOwA-Bo7s-6C-Tnn00F9BFtD7hpUqcRCXN-EbST3_UQyNQLyp

Water evocation is usually greatly underestimated. A master evoker can create almost boiling water, and steam that can cause third-degree burns and scalds, essentially steam-cooking their victims.

Most folk also underestimate frostbite, that is where the temperature of flesh drops to such a scale where the blood and cells within the body begin to freeze. Agonisingly painful and if aimed right, almost lethal. Frostbite in the fingers can cause the cells to die and cause a block where the blood has literally frozen. Usually, exposure to extremely cold ice for around 3 emotes (For Ice that is colder than -50°C (-58°F), ice below -10°C (14°F) will take around 5-6 emotes)

Water Evocation at Tier 5 has a temperature range of -78°C (-108.4°F) to 120°C (248°F). The states of these should be respected always, as past 0°C (32.0 °F), ice and snow will turn into water, and past 100°C (212.0 °F), water will become steam.

The strength of ice created from the void is also quite sturdy, albeit not as strong as stone, against fleshier targets it will hardly break, only solid stones and metals will it crack or shatter (usual idea is shards will shatter, spheres will crack and may fracture to some pieces), these however still impact energy and even a sphere that shatters on impact with a man in plate could still knock that man backwards.

Predisposed spells - Combat

A short variety of spells that a water evocationist can utilize in combat, however, this does not mean they are restricted to only combat, water evocation has many applications outside of combat.

Note, all these emotes include the connection emote as well (e.g. 4 emotes = 1 connect, 2-4 producing ice)

Spoiler

Spells

Drowning Sphere – T2, 5 emotes | T5, 3 emotes: Creates a bubble of water around a target’s facial features in sight, this restricts the airflow to their face and is majorly effective against those not wearing armour, it is good for single targets however requires them to be quite still (cannot move more than 2 blocks per emote) as the orb requires a lot of concentration to maintain

JU8isyRagEby4hfLnAEi-IChFswEsYbNQz2SsfNPzfaPpW1TNYVABlUFQ2JtjB-Q-D_ad_w1hWhlDcTKp24KrrhHIesUrsbMzoSnfCJ9ivaOf_v7m9h4TvjDMP-c1wGNR06eNTlF

Redlines:

-Target cannot move more than 2 blocks per emote or the sphere will fall off of their face

Ice Shield - T3, 6 emotes | T5, 4 emotes: Creates a tower shield-sized slab of ice that can stop arrows and sword blows, it could even feature crude edges and sharp jagged spikes that protrude from the front.

62q5DW-IE1P_ZY5Nm8Ktu988Usg7YbkypPX1yptTJSPPdIb2ICpcOZ1oNUXBbfJdJohO0F1MSYfw1es9i8WDkhSnsdwwD_5askstykwBSpxH4gfzrdDqHDM5JVzIl7loRyBdNmFs

Redlines:

-Will begin to break down after repetitive attacks (4-5) or multiple arrow shots (6-7)

Ice Sphere/Shard - T3 5 emotes | T5, 4 emotes: Creates a shard or spherical shape of ice, after the first shard/sphere it only takes another 1 emote to create a second one of equal size (About the length of a forearm or the shape of a good bowling ball)

iO8OWXzXGzRsUHpX-kmXZNt7hmfo9avdS87T7_ILkjcjZOQZdUbde2524VXG__uAElL6RYSthp0cCTurAE_BARlXcALuxO7xRW4umsawFxWJOIglKVTnPnkLx7wGawlF-WMidLoH

Redlines:

-Cannot puncture plate, but can puncture flesh. Additionally spheres can break bones and knock people 2-3 blocks back if ‘charged’ (takes an emote, seen as the spell rapidly vibrating).

-Spikes can puncture gambeson

Steam Sphere - T4-5 4 emotes: Creates a roughly spherical orb of steam which can be blasted towards foes or applied to cause scalding injuries and burns.

Z6i1uhejDVxi5eet91XOzLlRIJdz9et1GidTICaUpinZK-dHYmxoiOJvZxCQdLGD3oySyD2kh2l4k_wtrNip9L-TByC_ygzAzDycyVavD1qfBNr1koZaj9dlkyyFrjO4CqttmbL-

Redlines:

-Can be charged into a ‘jet’ like effect if used for an additional 2 emotes (seen as the steam glowing in the caster’s aura) which can cause skin to rapidly burn and almost flake

Pressure Jet - T3 5 emotes | T5 3 emotes: Conjures an unstable orb of water which can be sent towards a foe, all but those in heavy plate armour would probably be either pushed/knocked back, and very light folk would probably be sent several feet back.

D8bFNOv-UxXdkrH49GHCZlya8-LLTgo4MuzlnBWL8nFrYmrOrDKc7HvexaUK_KjLu01VHkr5dMKPAE0SNu6oe6QT8399ehIRqz1_-Rlhp0FbaHMhTAcU25uUc1jGprz9i_2mQ35C

Redlines:

-Takes 2 additional emotes for each target to be knocked back

-Can be used in a ‘wave’ like motion or a simple hose

Water Shield -  T3 4 emotes | T5 3 emotes: Brings forth a surging shield of water which reduces the speed of arrows to almost harmless levels.

o8nA7so9VTZzPBtFJMuxWN4jrQY3zKOuu8C4pMa1Oq-EBLMpZJVuL28NdrnlqJhQz3GxbfRQ76lZb3FU5PWlQdwmsS-ykrL0DQE9EBsf5hrlCM-O9P7fOaKLb1iZUv8GEEb4c_yG

Redlines:

-Can block arrows, however swords and blades can slice straight through it.

-Can turn into a fully charged pressure jet once collected (takes 1 emote)

Ice Storm -  T5 8 emotes: Focusses the caster’s mana into one concentrated spell in the sky, alike a call-down, whereupon the 8th emote can be sent down in a surging storm of ice shards towards a 5x5 area, those within would probably be hit by shards or spheres of ice, causing heavy damage. This spell usually uses up all the mana of a mage and will cause severe

exhaustion after casting

1yvAstn3Hp7PjR3efTdTL2g7qswRJkqtlwLuOq0emuaGReMzp-qxBuCn5DpxctJFnEH1zdPeaebV_HM2qhp82dDjhv3GrG5oFOwhF3mdzD2CLGliECWO4ykjrQ_L2DHPWC9KdmkT

Redlines:

-Counts as multiple spheres/shards so it takes the same rules from there

-A mage would be unable to cast for 4 emotes after casting, if at all

Ground Surge - T4-5 6 emotes: Focusses a spell into one concentrated area on the ground nearby the caster (within 4 blocks), the glowing of the mage’s aura will begin to grow there and the nearby ground begins to freeze, upon the 6th emote a sudden shard of ice shoots up from the ground and can possibly impale unarmoured foes and break bones of those with armour on.

2uEv4jySXMlmyQOENhMRlAjdr8IBwqJ1IOmKFwgKTKsi2BPsgGD-eOBA300USsuG9RNiQpxGdKZRtb22zxrhd0JowMVocdSB69nHmHKhQO3yJ3eHSkedI-QE3yo1_3pW9vmihPil

Redlines:

-Counts as one giant shard so same rules apply to that, however is the size of a torso

-2 additional emotes per target

Deep Freeze - T3 6 emotes | T5 4 emotes: Creates a small blizzard of snow about a foot in size, upon contact, it will cause severe freezing injuries and prolonged exposure can cause frostbite.

84oZgnALn6uJjq6CTIT46Ucj0vLcL1QLBKBtAShI9Dvx6Z-68A5n37Dhr1l4T1TMVlwxDHyhkZEXqZWhaP_OHFJp4ZRKUUnpsdQ5rpLjibT2VxZCf-rZf2ThhENAoNki3f6LfCN8

Redlines:

-Can freeze up people’s body and stiffen them

-Can freeze up golem or other stonelike limbs making it difficult for them to move

Ice Escape - T4 5 Emotes | T5 4 Emotes: Raises the player three metres off of the ground away from hostiles, they can keep this spell up for 3 emotes however significant damage to the tower can cause it to break and them to fall.

N_BzuNSk9NfuRsEVgfZDv8BIu8sTv7pN7O0H3C0j-AtE3a5p93w0iIzbGGbzNkJRHeLXn87YvM6BHHJLXvTkJpROq5G4qnHt710PG_1Q3wlJI92IZyrTqNAiCgkCgP5DvI5Zd1gC

Redlines:

-Cannot be able to cross areas that are not accessible in roleplay

-Counts as three blocks high

-Can be destroyed by 6-7 blade hits or otherwise larger creatures

-Still can get targeted by range

Tiers

Spoiler

T1, the Scholar - No conjuring is done, rather a stage of meditation and studies, where the Scholar begins to learn about his element and all of his states. [1 Week]

T2, the Apprentice - First signs of conjuring are done, the apprentice can summon small orbs of water and change the temperature to just above freezing to about 70°C (158°F). The mage can usually cast for around 3 emotes before his mana expires. [3 weeks]

T3, the Journeyman - Greater evocations are possible, the temperature maximum increases to just below boiling. The mage is able to cast spells like this for around 5 emotes till his mana expires. Journeymen are able to begin casting snow and ice for around 3 emotes before expiring, and are able to pressurize their water orbs create small concussive beams and blasts that knock foes back. [2 months]

T4, the Adept - Powerful evocations are possible, the mage can cast snow, ice and water for around 8 emotes before expiring, and can conjure steam for around 4 emotes before expiring. [3 months]

T5, the Master - Awe inspiring spells are conjured, the Master is able to cast all states for about 10 emotes, sending shards of ice raining from the sky, and conjure blasts of water. [Highest Tier, total time 6 months]

Redlines

Spoiler

General Redlines:

• 1 magic slot

• Can’t be self taught (will change if Self teaching returns)

• Summoned water produces no nutritional benefit

• Casting requires Line of Sight

• Ice can still be destroyed, however, it is quite strong against slashing attacks and may only chip, highly concussive forces can cause it to shatter.

Spell Specific Redlines:

• The summoned element can get to roughly the speed of a crossbow bolt

• The summoned element can have a wide-ranging temperature, the mage can roughly define what temperature he wishes

• Summoned water is pure and cannot mix with anything, this also means that liquids trying to mix into it will be repelled away and cannot pass through, this could be used to hold other liquids back with a good enough seal

• Summoned element is capable of lifting up mass with enough effort, however will usually require some form of connection with the ground, be it an ice tower that can be climbed or an ice bridge to be crossed (though it cannot be used to climb to places the player mechanically cannot reach, e.g. boosting them over walls)

• It can, however, be a means of getting a better view or simply avoiding danger for the moment

• Only evoked fire can melt evoked water

•  

Going against previous guides and what-not for water evocation, it is possible to make defined structures with it, e.g. shapes, albeit these shapes can only really be made out of ice as water is slightly too unstable, these ice creations can appear as small ice-sculpture (or large with enough mana) such as the shape of an animal etc. This is changed because I feel it will bring more aesthetic elements to the magic and help bring it away from being a combat-only art.

Weaknesses

• Voidal magic, meaning rules on connections & debuff still apply

• Anti-magic spells can affect it (e.g. warding from transfiguration)

Reason for the magic:

Spoiler

Water Evocation is one of the fundamental evocation elements on LotC and one of my favourites, I know as I am one of the teachers, that there are many people on the server roleplaying this magic while also lacking official lore, and have not had lore for several years now (enough for me to put in two rewrites for it), I hope that this magic will become officialized within the lore.

The Non-Combat Element:

As you can easily see, unlike for combat I have not included an out-of-combat list of spells, I’ve done this because pretty much all evocations are free-form, I don’t want to set out a certain list of spells for certain specific abilities as that removes the uniqueness from each utilization of the magic. What I have done instead is add combat-orientated spells, not because I want this to be combat-only magic, but because I would rather have CRP balanced and listed out, sure these spells may be manipulated, for instance mayhaps a mage may summon a water shield for other reasons than just arrows, or maybe create a tower to essentially get on top of the enemy, I mostly wanted it here to allow for a set of guidelines for how to combat roleplay should be carried out with the magic, which allows for it to be balanced and referenced to easily.

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer
Added new redlines to the spells themselves for even further clarifications on how they function

Ah yes, the art of making people wet. I like it

Morgan can’t open the ground but hey at least we’ve got puddles

Did a bit of formatting and then added a spell that was a recent addition, hope you guys enjoy and let’s get some lore to this damn thing otherwise I’ll cry

Should probably put in there that evoked fire can melt evoked water.

2 hours ago, FalseThanhiumRP said:

Should probably put in there that evoked fire can melt evoked water.

Indeed.

Hey I like morgan, this lore is good.

I remember reading somewhere that in the old Water Evo, you specifically cannot drown someone...

Other than that, it pretty good.

Edited by XFrostgamingX

Technically not drowning as oxygen isn’t heading into their lungs, it’s moreso just an aesthetic name for asphyxiation (stops air getting in by creating a seal over the face) @XFrostgamingX I hope that answers that

oh and I should probably add one redline for something I want to change in it because the redline was so stupid in the first place and only reduced the non-combat element of magic in the first place

Yo LT dudes my lore is already reformatted come onz