[PK] La Hora Final

Javert

Spoiler

The sounds of battle rung throughout the complex tunnel system of the City-State of Luciensburg. Just a few Saint's Hours ago, Vicente had been tasked with leading a vanguard of 300 Hyspian soldiers into the City to provide military aid against the onslaught of seemingly endless Ratfolk hordes. He and his men descended into the depths of Luciensburg, followed by the forces of Yong Ping and the native Luciensburg guardsmen. 

To say the tunnels were unnerving would do the Undercity of Luciensburg an injustice, the tight spaces and repulsive smell began to make Vicente wonder why he had come in the first place. Regardless, he led his detachment of soldiers deeper and deeper into the Undercity, determined to help root out the vermin once and for all. With his sword in hand and his Hyspian Brothers at his back, he pushed onwards. In his mind he thought, "What sort of monstrous creatures could bear to live in such a place as this? What sort of hell-spawn could even stand such conditions?"

Vicente soon had his answer as his detachment and the two accompanying forces made their way into a remote yet surprisingly well-lit hallway. He lofted a brow and took a moment to look around; He saw no ratfolk nor any sort of traps, nothing except an iron gateway before the combined army. To Vicente's surprise, the gate opened mere moments later and a horde of the disease-carrying vermin came charging towards the Descendant army.

A mere saint's hour later as the battle in the Undercity came to a bloody close, Vicente was found lying dead on the cold stone floor of the tunnelway. His Hyspian brothers were able to recover his body soon after, and it was soon brought to the City of Osanora where it awaits for whatever his family wishes to be done with it. In the meantime, a multitude of letters are sent around to friends and family of the fallen Murietta.

Carlos

Spoiler

To Carlos, my beloved Blood Brother,

This letter was written many months prior to my possible Death, and if you are reading this now I believe you know why. 

Not a day went by when I don't think of how you brought me to redemption and saved me from falling into crime and a path of no return. You helped to teach me what was right, and you helped me to rise in the world of Hyspia. For all of this, I owe you thanks. The only regret I have is that we did not spend more time together, Hermano.

Thank you,

Vicente Murietta

Cesar II

Spoiler

To His Majesty, Cesar de Rivera II,

This letter was written many months prior to my possible death, and if you are reading this now I believe you know why.

Your Majesty, I first must bring myself to apologize to you again. I had failed you once many years ago to a time I try my best to forget, and I have failed you again now with my likely untimely demise. I beg for your forgiveness now, even in death. 

Signed,

Vicente Murietta

Esmeralda

Spoiler

To Esmeralda, my trusted friend,

This letter was written many months prior to my possible death, and if you are reading this now I believe you know why.

It's been a long time since I first brought you into the Hyspian Army within the streets of Osanora, and now it is clear to me that you are both a reliable and loyal Hyspian who truly lives up to the legacy of our ancestors. You have done well in your duties to Hyspia, and I hope that even after my demise you will continue to do so. I will confess, I wish we had spent more time together prior to my death. Perhaps we could have spent more time talking or travelling. Regardless, you were a true friend and I shall see you in the Seven Skies one day.

Signed,

Vicente Murietta

OOC:

Yo, thank you all for giving me an enjoyable experience as this persona. I'm not going to lie, I made some really great memories as this character and I hope some of you did as well.

I'm looking forward to continuing to make more memories with all of you, whether it's with my next character or the one after that. Thank you all.

"We rejoice!" A High Elf spoke after hearing of Vicente's death. 

Father Paco didn't know his countryman personally, but passed over Vincente as he gave last rites to the mounds of corpses about the Checkpoint and tunnel ways under Luciensburg. The elderly Hyspian priest saw his younger self in Vincente, and sprinkled Holy Water over his body.

"Thou didst fight true... but the foe was too great. May GOD reward you for thy bravery in the Seven Skies. Amen."

With more dead needing blessings into their next life, Father Paco wandered in his blood drenched Owynist Lector armor giving last rites to the other fallen compadres that day.

David Espinoza, as a fellow Hyspian statesman, would rejoice at the news of his friend's death, "Ah, ya valio Vicente. Que DIOS lo protega en los Siete Cielos, y que guie su alma en el mas alla.", spoke the Hyspian, as he signed the Cross of Lorraine in remembrance of his comrade.

Carlos Mendez, like a good brother. Mourned Vicente's death heavily"I....Knew it wouldn't work out.Murmured the Hyspian, setting the letter down as he solemnly rose. Seeking out a simple Canonist Chapel to continue his progressing phases of mourning..