|  I s h i g u n t a i  |

The Stone Army

A8DzG8cq0wTQT7ZfA9PdC2rNWP8sP47-5YT6dP8CX8dprdBTtaYdtyS6jHkco2q0CgMuR6A3J7iEJbSwhJCctu6jDhykDdPeu5iX1yTSsst10wjxX8KuC-djTW_3xrWbWITkw1TJ

Purpose:

Originating from the shores of Aeldin in Oyashima the Ishiguntai are the sworn samurai guard of the Hirano Kuge as well as famed monster hunters and cursed relic collectors.

These selective hunters loosely follow in the footsteps of the Marked Men that accompanied Kais Ishikawa from descendant lands to their home. The Oyashiman warriors have sworn themselves to defend descendantkind and their patrons: The Hirano clan by engaging in the study, pacification, preservation, and combat of the supernatural.

The Ishiguntai do not kill mindlessly, but instead seek to act as liaisons between descendants and the unknown in the best case scenarios, even-tempered slayers of the wicked in the worst, and clever huntsmen for beasts too dangerous for untrained descendants.

Oath & Code

Oath

I prefer death before dishonor, I shall not abandon my post

No pleasure from the slaughter, I shall be merciful foremost
Sworn to Hirano sons and daughters, I shall forever protect my host
Humility is my virtue and my honor, I shall find no reason to boast
Stone secrets poison waters, I shall keep them from the coast
I aid the needy not the clotter, I shall protect both man and ghost
My stone blood is thicker than water, from now until my funeral toast.

Code of Conduct

The Ishiguntai are expected to behave in a manner that brings honor to the House Hirano and the Stone Army itself. Respect for the laws of the nations they visit in pursuit of their contracts as well as the authority of those nations is considered paramount. 

The Ishiguntai are to carry themselves with level heads, and should endeavour toward a stoic and unflinchingly calm demeanour even in the face of mockery, danger, and deceit.

Ishiguntai are not mindless executioners of the supernatural, they are liaisons between the eldritch and descendantkind. The reasonable should be permitted an ear as a soldier at war is often more a monster than a ghost or beast defending its own territory.

Ishiguntai are not permitted to give away information about the inner workings of the order, the contents of its archives, or the trials required of the initiates.

IU6BjcErhCBdsb53Gwdowww5wlNaK89qzYqrNUN7SCBg3yX0M2TdHME0ca93wJRHGuRj_pF3sJun5UZD5g3_bVroNbFwCx-qqZnDS7_3BX39U55B25qixeziuCuXuLRy86IF-2n0

Ranks

MeishuThe commander of the Ishiguntai as a whole is known as the ‘Meishu’ Which translates roughly  to ‘leader’ in Oyashiman.  Typically this role is taken by a member of the Hirano clan. The Meishu acts as the figurehead, diplomat, pay negotiator, logistical head, and organizer of the Ishiguntai.

TaichoCaptains of the Ishiguntai are known as “Taichou”, they are responsible for leading squads of Senshi on more dangerous hunts and excursions as well as for commissioning gear for and outfitting Senshi with any practical knowledge required to face their quarries. Squads composed entirely of taichou are often sent on more dangerous assignments than their Senshi subordinates.

Senshi: The first oathed rank of the Ishiguntai, Senshi are warriors who have passed the trials required to become Ishiguntai and are allowed access to the libraries, reliquary, and armory of the order. They undertake freelance or assigned hunts on behalf of the Stone Army and are allowed free reign of the grounds and audience with the Meishu regarding their concerns.

Initiate: Initiates are the hopeful applicants of the Ishiguntai who undertake trials to prove their worth. Unoathed and untrusted until their trials are undertaken, initiates are not permitted free reign of the Ishiguntai grounds, free access to the library and reliquary, nor audience with the Meishu. 

Traditions
y0qUYRddek0ikjrLs5Rj5AhmxVQKG-CAczkNMu-SofyvzhGNodyHRNygu97CTEsb-3ssIBLtzWUTXDNKGCagD1keJdyaUC-kR9_Q6wQEM3PUWKj_lIC4MfwfKU6Aqz8IXYBfu1n3

The Initiate Trials:
Initiates of the Ishiguntai are expected to undertake five trials leading up to their oath which are revealed and to be prepared for one after the other. While the Stone Army keeps the nature of these trials clandestine the names of each trial are known to the public as follows:

The Trial of  Poems, The Trial of Waste, The Trial of Ordeals, The Trial of Blossoms, and the Trial of Stone

JE2RET0.png

((Credit to Gamma_Byte for this art))
The Oathtaking:

Ishiguntai initiates who pass their trials are brought before the meishu and expected to recite the poetic oath to declare their lifelong loyalty to the Stone Army and the Hirano Kuge.

While speaking the oath they will be handed their first issued weapon as an Ishiguntai, a tanto which they will use to carve a pattern into their skin while recounting the oath before their lord forever scarring and branding them as a member of the Stone Army.

Uniform:

a0af545e3d30d7a49e7ee69c0732d750.png122d19a8cae45edecf50d8ffb1436a3b.png

Application:

IC Information
Name:
Race:
Why do you wish to become Ishiguntai?:

OOC Information:
Discord:
Timezone:

((Big ups to Kalehart for the post format.))

[[This form would only be visible to Tentoa's character]]

--

IC Information
Name: Dame Viktoriya I
Race: Elven
Relevant Experience: Sheparding work, monster hunting in the E.P., Inferi war.
Why do you wish to become Ishiguntai?: I wish to join my brethren.

OOC Information:
Discord: Tree#2018
Timezone: EST

Application:

IC Information
Name: Asami Ambrose II
Race: Human
Relevant Experience: Attacked by Phantom, Grandmother died in a 'paranormal' event, Likes seeking answers for her curiosity
Why do you wish to become Ishiguntai?: I wish to find out more about the world. My mother spoke to me of her adventures and the creatures she and my grandmother had faced. I would love to find out more about my heritage as well as protecting those around me from these creatures.

OOC Information:
Discord: TemporalShift#3708
Timezone: CST (will be unavailable this week)

Name: Leihana Sirame
Race: Mali'ame
Relevant Experience: Adept slayer of sirens and giant spiders.
Why do you wish to become Ishiguntai?: "Having spent a considerable portion of my time in Oyashima, I wish to help continue this tradition of combating and studying the supernatural occurrences of the realm."

Discord: You got me
Timezone: EST

Name: Phoenix
Race: Dark elf
Relevant Experience: I have been trained to hunt, fight, and survival in the wild by someone I shall not mention.  
Why do you wish to become Ishiguntai?: Because even though i have been tried I am not ready enough to fight my enemies. 

Name: Wymar l'Adamantin 

Race: Human                                       

Relevant Experience: Decent knowledge of flora and fauna due to participating into other hunting guild (though never actually been at the hunt, lol)
Why do you wish to become Ishiguntai?: "As the man, who always was interested in flora and fauna, hunt, I think this organization could put my talents to use, help me to search purpose of life and, what's most importantly, good allies.

Edited by ad4m