[Poll] Muskets Y/N

Hanrahan

[Poll] Muskets Y/N  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Muskets, yes or no

• Yes
    • No

On 6/8/2021 at 5:41 PM, monkeypoacher said:

we did this ("runic" technology instead of gunpowder) and it sucked ass + was exclusive to like 7 magic rpers

maybe we should do arquebuses first though

16 minutes ago, Sri said:

Spell guns?

Not even magic or spell guns. You could make Animii crafted weaponry that uses lock mechanisms and alchemical bases for simplistic weaponry. You could make your own form of boomsticks, or do early age black powder firearms. It can be whimsical or rooted in real early weaponry, but just don’t ctrl+c ctrl+v a Wikipedia page on muskets 

51 minutes ago, Security_ said:

Not even magic or spell guns. You could make Animii crafted weaponry that uses lock mechanisms and alchemical bases for simplistic weaponry. You could make your own form of boomsticks, or do early age black powder firearms. It can be whimsical or rooted in real early weaponry, but just don’t ctrl+c ctrl+v a Wikipedia page on muskets 

You could also, and hear me out on this, put a hammer on a spring with a piece of flint on it

Calling an irl flintlock "animii crafted" and irl black powder "alchemical" does not mean you've come up with unique lore

11 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

You could also, and hear me out on this, put a hammer on a spring with a piece of flint on it

Calling an irl flintlock "animii crafted" and irl black powder "alchemical" does not mean you've come up with unique lore

When I say alchemical, I’m not referencing a matchlock or flintlock? I know you would want to just make irl gun advancements, but you can use fantasy elements to create a gun. How the gun fires isn’t really the point of the argument, the point is to create an interesting and thematic device that can be used in the world, and for guns you’re going to have to put some thought into it. You can use drake’s tail or a fire symbol known for catching light. Hell even a firearm that uses only liquid basses would be interesting, try and come up with an interesting idea instead of just straw manning the argument.