Britannus Vanir's Campaign for Alderman | 382 E.S

Britannus Vanir’s Campaign for Alderman

eYXCC0uiYN0rgNiazrQleuxgfLoh5njXMf2300Zax6HwkYh1IMtUcC-WKCUnrHlOzfd_dZtZOCPuCIT6jazZQd6QaJ0378_Ow91M8dM-UsN8bi9J69rD5dg-0zmIsaJey5cR_AGe

Vanir c.o.a's

After four years since the failed attempt of my previous run for Alderman, a new election has come about for the positions of Maer and Alderman, with that being said I seek to place my beret in for Alderman once again. Within this campaign, I shall continue to push the bills I had within my previous campaign along with more regarding what’s going on within Duma and the Nachezer threat.

6g6J3jN0uCdaEk-Eex2uf6D44bMEGjNBku2tIsBOy0JM43IJYuqNlmQJE6-t_NH27UTI8fb1DvKufvlCSdLfLZBqf070-GrLj68JLnv0wMxeqHB-jK_lVdPElFC_CIdGUpfv1nFF

Britannus’s Beliefs:

Britannus Vanir, former Viscount, and vassal of Haense has great experience within the realm of politics and is quite well educated. Currently, he is an Armsman within the Brotherhood of Saint Karl. He is also a  man that seeks to bring forth welcoming arms into Hansetic politics and hear from the people of the Kingdom on things needed to be done, he seeks to ensure ideas and beliefs of all Haense men and women are heard within the Royal Duma, and more!

6g6J3jN0uCdaEk-Eex2uf6D44bMEGjNBku2tIsBOy0JM43IJYuqNlmQJE6-t_NH27UTI8fb1DvKufvlCSdLfLZBqf070-GrLj68JLnv0wMxeqHB-jK_lVdPElFC_CIdGUpfv1nFF

Campaign Bills and Ideas:

The People’s Act:

If elected I shall put forth a bill to bring back the rank of Tribune within the royal duma. While doing this it will result in an exchange of some Alderman seats to turn to Tribune ones. The bill’s purpose is to see more non-nobles be elected within the Royal Duma to better understand and represent the citizens within our nation’s duma halls.

Burglary Act: 

In the book of Haurul Caezk, the offense of burglary is currently minor. As a member of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, I see the matter on burglary and the likes of Petty and Grand theft to be the same. If elected I shall write a bill and motion for it to be raised to a middling offense.

Impeachment Limitation Act: 

A bill that sets for a limit on impeachments against the Lord/Lady Speaker with that being three. If the person reaches the limit of three the Royal Inquisitor is to represent the Royal Duma in informing the King in full detail of the reason for the impeachments. It will then lead the King to decide on whether the Speaker is allowed to uphold the position or not. During this, Lord Handler is to uphold as acting Lord/Lady Speaker until the decision is fully made during this process. If the King decides with the impeachment, the Lord Speaker is removed and a new Speaker is to be chosen as usual.

If elected I shall put this bill up to ensure duma is primarily focused on passing and making bills that will benefit the Kingdom and its people besides multiple impeachment trials.

Encourage Citizens to Run:

If elected, I shall work with fellow Aldermen/Alderwomen and other Duma members on ways to encourage citizens to run for political office. The more new faces we have run and elected into office helps bring new ideas to better the Kingdom.

A Motion of Organization and Prayer within Duma:

If elected I shall put up a motion for the Speaker’s scribe or workers to count the tally of who is present or is representing as people arrive. That way we can start duma quickly and get to passing bills. I’d also motion for a quick prayer before each session hosted by the Patriarch of Jorenus.

Assisting the push for the Electoral Limitations Bill created by Count Jan Kortrevich

A bill I shall assist or make a push for is the Electoral Limitation Bill created by my cousin, Count Jan of House Kortrevich. This bill was voted against due to a close vote as the Aulic Councilors within Duma, at the time, voted against it. Despite this, it should be put forward again and passed, as the Aulic council has no place within our Duma. The reason why they have no place is due to the purpose of the Palatine having a duma seat not to just take part but to represent and put up bills for the Aulic Council.

If elected I shall further put my support in my cousin’s bill.

The Knoxville Defense Act

With the threat towards our Eastern borders of the Nachezers, we still have many keeps held by our nobility to hold them off. Though this bill is to focus on the defense of our halfling friends at Knoxville. If permitted by the Mayor of Knoxville, I shall put up a bill for a palisade wall of defense to the made around Knoxville and for a B.S.K encampment to be created near it. This bill will ensure that our halfling friends are safe ranging from bandits and the Nachezer threat.

VOTE BRITANNUS DEMITREY VANIR

‘A Pathway Forward’

kYHUDio1Pk_z3Moibr7I876s6FXnTRgKhS2TiX6o9s8ueYpdRxs6BguH2ioB6AaC_G6J_Ctb-YdDzDF7bkCeEw6mbU_ozklsjEyBTD0B-ok34lz-oU4z4toU0U763bk2RZWCbYQ3

Spoiler

Cdg29xeW1_PAoAfiW1aJQtc771wD3ADnEap54bu-sM3FEsSbrGTcEAyIjFrJEh2pv6BJgaOKZHD0a-33h1cxtt2A1kw1RGHWxDKg7bvSxvkKuRmyfEdkPW53398XQTMVRA_-TnyF

Juliya cheers on her second favorite son!