Lund I Elrend

Rudi

FdkGC7MlkN2R9Kgi6PrML3NBQLuYmPzdjsWZpAGD1eXeQ2LuzyHvapcK1GrT-nWVYJqtYHFApfZCXMXzFzuuNNR4uDWqU95xibyl8M2Ky2CHdTeCEeDKalws4X4LcNEKeVjAvOqC=s0

Lund I Elrend - A Personal Diary 

The Journey of a Koeng

13th of Tov and Yemmey 388 E.S. on Human Desires

"Not like the travels to these lands had been akin to torture itself, but unlike my previous travels I was tasked to go alone and without my trusted mace. With my quest to reconquer the heart of my lover and prove my worth to her, to be the man she expects me to be, I have challenged myself. Decades prior I had shed my clothes and lifestyle in order to become the vessel that God had destined me to be after the taint of darkness had touched my heart and soul. But now I take on this quest again soley for someone else and not for my own sake. When I left Karosgrad behind myself, I left my privileges and robes behind as well. Only carrying a dagger that my father had gifted me when I was a mere boy, I pushed myself to new limits. 

My feet carried me through lands of swamp and sand before they touched the lands of fire for the first time. The warm ash wrapped about my toes, warming them and encouraged me to continue. My tainted lungs are filled with the ashes of vulcans, burning it away. What an irony. My hunger for the most useless things start to torture me. How badly do I crave the taste of wine, the smell of tobacco, the feeling of fine clothes.. 

But the thirteen poems, which I have kept repeating daily alongside my prayers to Saint Emma and Saint Owny, blessed be their names, keep me moving. They will help me to give me a purpose to be blessed with the gift of divine privilege. And for that reason I picked up some vulcan glass to help me to find myself and my true self in its reflection"

17th of Tov and Yemmey 388 E.S. on Finding Faith 

"As I reached the shore of pure blue, my feet had turned black from the daily walks. Sore and covered with cuts and bumps as the leather of my shoes had fallen off my feet, I prayed as I was able to wash my wounds in the shining blue water. The salt cleansed my wounds in exchange for pain, a small price. As Horen washed and traveled to the Grotto of Gamesh I found tranquility in watching the waves, kissing and cleaning my feet. I’ve been relying on the good faith of the people behind me, on the people who pray for me, on the people who pray with me. My love for God and its creation was reason enough to carry on multiple times but now that I am alone, exhausted with nothing but his creation around I feel like I’ve gotten closer to him. While I spent the entire night at the shores, before shedding myself and allowing myself to be carried by the waves to new shores, I recalled my prayers. Many times I was conflicted with the church itself. I remember when I was young, I was called to serve the Kongzem before clashing heads with a pontiff for the first time. I see myself again, older but not wiser, clashing heads with a pontiff again, this time facing another ruler.

Even though I questioned my own faith many times, I have never lost it. With each wave that carried me further into the deep blue I felt to understand my faith more than ever before. Protected by divine will I understand that he, the protector of mankind, the father of mountains protects us. I hope that everyone will soon understand that the divine fire that was casted by his will is not just a speech to be preached, but a real thing that will rekindle your heart and make you understand our faith. I brought some sand from its shores to remind me of the many little aspects of faith that each little grain of sands represents."

27th of Tov and Yemmey 388 E.S. on Family

"The waves brought me to new lands, to lands of rocky terrain with only a few moss covering the stones that built up to high mountains I was walking on. Ascending the pillars of the words to stand on the neck of it, I fell and tripped many times. Like Horens last son Joren who led his people into the mountains, I carefully maneuvered myself through the hard and unforgiving terrain. When the crowds blocked and halted my efforts I seeked shelter in one of the many caves. Once I was sitting and reflecting on my journey so far, I felt my feet once again. But my back and head hurt from the thin air, which made me want to lay and rest for some time. Covering myself head to toe with clay and rocks to keep my body warm, I rekindled myself knowing my family was waiting for me at home. My eldest child has just been wedded, my second will marry soon too. Their smiles keep on making me want to continue, but knowing they will wait for me no matter how long I have to take this. In comfort and sad tranquility I heard the water drops falling off the rocks to the pools that are surrounding me. I cannot fail to imagine their tears that they shed for me. Quietly fearing that one could hear me, I joined the sobbing of the cave that comforted me. Time passes on quickly in this cave but also seems to never go away. I see my eldest growing from a babe in my arms to a proud woman and soon to be mother. Like winter, time passes with the wink of an eye but also never seems to move on at all. 

Before I leave to ascend the pillar of the world once more, I store one of the gems that happened to lay next to my head. May its sturdiness remind me how merciless time moves forward and unlike a memory it cannot be repeated."

2th of Msitza and Dragund 388 E.S. on Love and Destiny 

"Was I overwhelmed with the sight that was laid before me as I reached the tip of the mountain? - No. The clouds I have climbed through blocked the way but allowed me to witness a sight I would never forget though. An ocean of clouds around me, caused me to believe I have been on a hill on a singular island in the ocean of endless clouds. My journey has led me here, to the tip of this mountain just to question: Why. Here I am, a man who had found its faith but went to rekindle the warmth of his lover's heart, but instead found himself. Was this trip for me or for someone else? I sit here with my elbows on my knees and watch the endless waves of clouds mixing into another. The sun warms my scalp, my wounded knees, my dirty hands, my messy beard. But is it really worth contemplating about it. Elven philosophers would argue that the journey is the way. Bullshit. There is a purpose for anything. Our lifes serve a reason. I am meant to be here. I am meant to be here and serve the great plan. I am meant to return home to warm my lover's heart. I am meant to bring safety, prosperity and wealth to humankind. Where death comes to reap us all eventually, we all serve the world and Gods plan to shape the world into its destined realm. Our minds are so fragile they serve the big plan. Love forging new love, and life creating new life. What would we be without death, beings without a purpose, lack of creativity, lack of passion. 

The ones who have surpassed the tests of time must make it their purpose that others may not reach it. It is their duty to protect the rest in order for them to fulfill the big plan, to bring us closer to the destined world.

As I found my purpose, my desire and my will to bring love, share faith and live like I am destined to be, I picked up a feather. I sharpened it to serve as a quil to be able to write down my journey so I never forget what I have learned and achieved."

Do not metagame the informations written above.