[Dungeon Event] The Whispering Hollows

Cjmate

UKAoC9P-d1iaf2bdSeA9l_0UJpKFyoSamICBjYUzu_Z4KRW9gAXSewfD66mY7u-5qv0vKQZC0aNk_TeVbfK8IieRk1uqtlSspFfNtLPg2BNjXTF43OsTpAFmQNwJZgNs9QGd4A3H

The Whispering Hollows

Deep Elder Caves in Environments - UE Marketplace

"I'll tell ye what I saw, alright" The old Hansetian drained his mug, downing it and sighing. His face was marred with pustules, and his face ached with the ruin of age. He ran his hand through his beard, collecting himself. 

A group had formed in a tavern within Haense, forming a semi-circle around the old man.

"Da, it was a fookin' troll, tall as that 'ouse o'er yonder and big as yer Mama's arse, it was." He waited, expecting his mug to be refilled for his troubles and information. "Great, big flaming bastard it was, with eyes bloodshot and crimson red." He begins to shout, "It scooped up one of dem Half-Men that live up the hills yonder." He points east, past the farmlands, "Drug the poor Snotter deep into a cave, beyond the stream, never to be seen again."

The conversation began to break down, some people laughing the old man for being a sodden drunk and walking off. Others stayed with questions, wanting more information.

5ff1a0b5c7cee9ef573747acb91cbe51.png

OOC: You may respond to the old man in this post in-character for more information. This is a dungeon event with PVE and puzzle elements for 3-5 people. If you would like to explore the dungeon, respond to this post and set-up a time, anytime past October 29th. You may use this forum post to recruit people for a party as well. 

Discord is Cjmate#0630 if you need OOC information.

Edit: I work from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST, Mon-Fri. I'm free outside those hours.

Roylan was one of those souls who stayed. To hear more of the words that flowed from the man, to hear more of the tale. Passing coin over for another mug he walked over to the old drunks table and sat it down before him as he took a seat. "Ya speak of a beast that is dragging poor sods to his lair, his den. Yet the way ya speak of it makes it seem like ya know where this den is yourself. So tell me, where did ya hear this?" 

His eyes glanced over to the others that joined the table, to speak with the man to learn more. To see who else was interested about the tale, and the source of this threat that was roaming the lands and kidnapping men. 

Spoiler

I'd personally like to aim for either monday, or tuesday. With times from 13:00 est+. But I'm perfectly open to working around times with others that are interested in this for a adventure. 

Edited by Royal Peasant
Tidying up the text a little.

Ernst Barclay, staying to hear the rest of the story in the Haeseni tavern during one of his visit to his northern kin, would scratch his chin characteristically. Upon hearing the full story from the man, the Count would lean forward "Where are these whereabouts, my good man?" he'd ask, lager in hand "It would be a good hunt for the Sons of Saint Tylos to join." he'd propose then with a smile "Might do some good by the grace of GOTT." he'd add. Were the Barclay to be told further of the threat's whereabouts, he'd go back to the County of Freimark, and seek some of his men. He'd find his Chaplain and Bannerman Fiodor @Remaclus as well as , Novitiates Sebastian @Traveller, Aldred @ratlordmagicand Talky @DESRRALACKto join him on said hunt during one of the following months. The von Freimark then went to his Hauptmann and Vassal, Baron Borys @Oloxx_"Could set up another party with the rest of the lads who can't make it with me if there's more"

Spoiler

Sorted it out with the fellas, and all 5 of us seem to be able to go through with the event on Monday at 2pm EST if possible. Another party from our community might join in either on Tuesday or any other day later on during 5-6pm EST since they're Americans.

The old man pulls out a map for the two men, then draws a line in red, "It's just down the road, past the little Hamlet. You'll see a stream on the left near the hills where the Half-Men live, "Little cave in the hills by their village." He points adamantly at the spot. 

6358e85c332dcd9cfe686306aa8744c3.jpg

Spoiler

I've got work Monday afternoons, so 13:00 and 2PM EST is impossible for me. I'm free after 4PM on weekdays and all day on weekends. Sorry, I should've put that in the post.

Ser Reinhardt Barclay stroked his beard as her served drinks, listing to the story, the Meyster Knight leaned in, rather intrigued he spoke up “Looks like something mein Brothers und Sisters in the Knights might be up for some adventure, ich shall see who ich can rally for such an expedition” the knight spoke, suiting himself up in his finest battle plate and prepping his weapons

Edited by Capt_Chief26

From the edge of the group, a heavily armored Adunian man stood, watching with keen olive eyes. Edward frowns as he glances to the map, studying it quietly. Finally his voice came from the back, quiet yet stern. "How many do you think've been taken so far?"

2 hours ago, Setsuko_ said:

From the edge of the group, a heavily armored Adunian man stood, watching with keen olive eyes. Edward frowns as he glances to the map, studying it quietly. Finally his voice came from the back, quiet yet stern. "How many do you think've been taken so far?"

The old man taps on his glass, sighing in a gruff, tired tone, "A couple at least. Ah reckon that'sa question fer the Half-Men."

Roylan's own Aqua green eyes spread to look over the gathering group that were around them. The armoured warriors growing in numbers, knights and men. Showing themselves one by one. "Seem's we have a lot of ya gathering up for this. But considering this is gonna be a threat in narrow, underground caves by the sounds of it, we'd be fools to go in such large numbers. We'd get in each others way and make it easier for a threat to claim us." 

He voiced as he considered each of them one by one. "Are any of ya open to forming a small team with I for this? A gathering of three, possibly five men, at most. A solid hunting team, and we wouldn't end up cramping any tunnels we enter with numbers with that amount." 

I've got one group coming on Monday at 4pm. I'm still free on the weekend. If you're interested in running in a random, unorganized group, I will be on today at 4PM. DM me if you want to take part.))