On Diligence.

DelaneyG

On Diligence.

In our world, every Man has his place. Whether you be the farmer, the soldier, the butler, or the priest, you serve a purpose. You were gifted with this life by the Creator, and to be virtuous to Him means you must fulfil your role and not let your responsibility fall by the wayside. It is an easy thing to do. We procrastinate. We find excuses to put off our work. ‘We will do it in the morning,’ we say every evening. Then, when morning comes: ‘We will do it in the evening.’ Then our minds fall idle. Then our minds turn to sin. We must be vigilant every day in our fight against such idleness. By keeping our minds and bodies focused on pleasing the Creator, our Lord, through diligence in our work and daily lives, we can win that fight.

- - 6 For I have blessed you with My miracle of creation, and you shall draw nearer to My throne by your labors. 7 And you shall discover strength of heart as you work the forge and the plow. - -

- - 8 So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not be idle, nor forget your duties in favor of sloth. - -

The Scroll of Virtue, Canticle of Diligence

The Creator has given us everything. Each stone we cut, every tree we fell. Every bushel of grain we harvest. It would be an insult to His good nature to sit back and accept these as one would a gift. We must go above and beyond every day to show our devotion to Him. So, we must work the fields and drill in the square. We must strip bark and mould bricks. He has given us all the elements needed for a good life. We must work those elements and enrich our souls through perseverance, so we may find ourselves closer to The Creator.

It is not through work alone that one can be diligent. One can be diligent in our practice of faith. We, the Canonist flock, are responsible for our faith just as we are responsible for our labor. If you sit idle, the word of the Creator shall go unsung in your ear. Then, you will stop attending confession. Then, you will stop praying to Him. After that, you are on the path to being lost.

I pray that my brethren in faith remain diligent in their daily lives, so they may enjoy the fruit that the Creator has given to them.

Samuel Gendik

Primrose Gendik-Komnenos sat in the sitting room of the Gendik-Komnenos house, taking the thesis from her son to read. She smiles to him in pride upon completion.

"You have grown well, my boy. Strong, Wise, and Courageous. May GOD protect and guide you in your endeavors."