Half a Decade - AMA

KaiserJacobII

I’ve been on this server for the past 5 years since yesterday. I’ve been on LotC For most of my teenage years, and it’s been my main creative outlet throughout those years. I would like to thank LotC for helping me to improve my spelling and creative writing capabilities substantially. I also believe that my time on LotC has taught me to be a more social person, and taught me to be willing to compromise and willing to lose.

I’ve done a lot on this server over the past five years; I’ve been a Savoyard Levyman, an All-Father worshiping Mali, a Goblin named Baba’Ganoush, a kilt-wearing Canonist acolyte, a few, equally-flawed Hartcolds, an insane Elf-child cultist, and many other things. Each character has been an interesting, and worth-while experience.

So, ultimately, where I’m going with this is: I’ve enjoyed my time on this server, I hope to keep enjoying this server and the community it has, and…

Ask me anything! 

And here are some memories I painstakingly exported from my dying MacBook, in no particular order:

Spoiler

BJaRDzJ.png

QGcirOj.png

RWcKCDn.png

pkhx2Uu.png

TOItTXA.png

HmodfL1.png

h2WkL1P.png

oYY4r47.png

4yf9fV6.png

On9mW4h.png

bwY773i.png

wNaJtx8.png

Favourite CT manager? (hint: its me)

What's some music you like?

Favourite roleplay moment?

What's something you'd like to experience / do again, with the experiences and knowledge you have about the server now?

Out of all the characters you've played, which one has been your favorite to play and why?

You’ve played so many characters— what’s your process for making them? How do you decide what makes your characters who they are?

Do you also despise Polysemic?

46 minutes ago, Polysemic said:

Favourite CT manager? (hint: its me)

What's some music you like?

Favourite roleplay moment?

What's something you'd like to experience / do again, with the experiences and knowledge you have about the server now?

You know, Lilly is pretty cool and Hogo is from Canada too.. You guys are all great and I can't pick a favourite.

I enjoy folk music! Pete Seeger, Stan Rogers, and Gordon Lightfoot are all great. If I had one song to suggest it would be The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, by the latter of those three singers: 

Spoiler

It's hard to say exactly what my favourite Roleplay moment was, but George's death was very intense and memorable. I also clearly remember some of the weird, blood-cult stuff that was done on Anarion. 

If I had the ability to reexperience a character with my currently knowledge of roleplay and the server, it would be Anarion. I think he had a lot of potential that was wasted because my knowledge of the lore and magic roleplay was subpar at best. 

42 minutes ago, Air said:

Out of all the characters you've played, which one has been your favorite to play and why?

My character William Mäkinen led a gang back on Atlas. While William was far from a memorable character, the Roleplay and the community the gang brought was incredibly fun. We built a freebuild fortress in the hills near Sutica and eventually the co-leader of the gang overthrew and killed William. I rejoined the gang on a new character just to be with those people again.

38 minutes ago, VIROS said:

You’ve played so many characters— what’s your process for making them? How do you decide what makes your characters who they are?

When I was younger I had commitment issues in regards to my characters. I often got bored of a character and shelved them. I don't do this as much anymore. I typically will formulate an idea in my head and connect it to the character, for example: Francis - zealous, jovial Canonist. Timothy - Aloof, quiet scholar. These ideas don't typically last long because roleplay does what roleplay does best: It changes your characters.

18 minutes ago, Fionn__TWG said:

Do you also despise Polysemic?

Poly makes me both cope and seethe in equal measures. 

11 minutes ago, Lojo613 said:

Favorite map?

Did you like Nexus?

bring back freebuild, yay or nay?

Probably Axios or Atlas. Axios is my first map, and I will always be partial to it, and I saw Atlas from it's beginning to close to it's end and had a lot of fun on it.

Nexus was not a very good plugin, but it also offered some fun. I vividly remember getting bonked by a pomegrenade when I was harvesting apples from the leaves of trees. Food rotting was also an interesting mechanic. 

Yes, I think the pro's of freebuild outweigh the con's. It allowed my previously mentioned gang to build a wooden fort, and it allowed my sheepherding Highlander and his family to build a little hut in the wilderness of Haense. It's not perfect, but it doesn't need to be. it allows people to roleplay peasants and low-lifes better, as well as secretive mages and evil villains. 

4 minutes ago, ImCookiie said:

What is KaiserJacobII's favourite colour?

Blue is my favourite colour! A deep, rich blue.

Ave Hartcold!

Do you like the Hartcolds?

37 minutes ago, TJBMinecraft said:

Ave Hartcold!

Do you like the Hartcolds?

Like would be an understatement. 

When do we get ghost George?

56 minutes ago, Pyro2 said:

When do we get ghost George?

Probably never. I thought about bringing George back as a ghost, but then decided that it removes the power and gravity from his death. 

2 hours ago, KaiserJacobII said:

Like would be an understatement. 

Love you too bro 🥰

25 minutes ago, KaiserJacobII said:

it removes the power and gravity from his death. 

something tells me it won't remove the gravity from his death