To be a bird; alive and free.

Rattussmackus

Astrid looks out her window for the sixth time that day, she was restless when a thought crossed her mind ‘When can I feel alive?’

Astrid slips out from her bed, carefully creeping past her Papa’s room as she tiptoes downstairs.

“Hallo Bear.” She greets her polar bear with a slightly sad smile as he sleeps peacefully, she watches him for a moment before stepping outside into the cold night. A chill runs up her spine as she stands there in her nightgown. 

Astrid sits on the steps before she giggles as she remembers her papa teaching her to wield a sword. She sighs, wishing she could go back to that feeling. The feeling of being a child, the feeling of having no expectations forced upon you.

She inhales deeply, her breath showing in the night air. Her cousins were bullying her, her family ignored her and her papa only gets mad at her. For a split second, she considered running away. Running away and meeting people who will care for her. She stood up, suddenly confident in that feeling but then…she stops.

“My friends..” She thinks about all the guards with who she formed a connection, she can’t leave them.

“Doc..” Her best friend took her to so many places and helped her escape the trapped lifestyle.

“Auntie Leyna” Her voice starts to tremble, she loves Leyna, she helped her with so many family issues.

“I just want to be seen as someone.” 

She steps back inside, sneaking back upstairs as she stares at her papa’s door. She sighs.

“Papa..”

Spoiler

OOC: Hey. There has been a lot of hatred towards me and the way I play Astrid. I won't name names because I don't agree with it but you should know who you are.

Astrid is an accurate representation of neglect and bullying in children from someone who was neglected and bullied. 

If you don't like how she's played, good, it means you are uncomfortable with something that is a frequent and ongoing issue all over the world.

Remember: This is a game, you don't need to hate a player just because of their character.

You can dislike me as a person but don't dislike me because of my personas.

Thank you.

Edited by Rattussmackus

Leyna sat in thought, hearing that one of her children slapped Astrid, "I have a good punishment for them... you don't treat family like that."

Inga Edvardsson knelt down on the snow coverd grass surrounded by the forest around her as she closed her eyes and clasped her hands. A small sigh escaped her lips as she felt the passing days had been difficult for everyone. Soon she began to mummble a prayer "Allfather be with us all, be with me and my brothers and sisters and moother and father.. be with Uncle Vane and Auntie Daria.. and may you be with Astrid." The young girls voice trailed off as her pricing blue eyes opend with hope for a new day for everyone in Norland.

Spoiler

Hey hey im so sorry about the backlash know I'm here and have a good day keep your head up people should be able to tell ooc from irp your awesome rattus!

Vane sighs, after his latest attempt to help Astrid through her tough time fell through, turning to look to Daria as she sleeps in his bed "I just wish..." he sighs "Its not right for a little girl to feel that way, and who am I to call myself king if I cannot even help my own neice." Vane lays back in the bed, thinking about his unborn child, worrying for what will lay in waiting on their path.

Smiles as he sees Inga and her cousin play in the square of Krew. He turns to his wife and says,

"May the Father guide these children, and may we be the best parents to them."