Clytemnestra’s Jeremiad

Melpomenne

Spoiler

───────

PLEASE do not METAGAME this any information. 

NONE of the events described below are public knowledge at this time and are ONLY known by the characters mentioned in the post.

───────

─────── °✾° ───────

Clytemnestra’s Jeremiad

Lh0XOhrUEm1x1DdeTwGY7aBG1Z6WkqA958guJP20enpipK60wlTcZCVOh7Wniv8S2JcujRsxRFAG_fx5qV5ghI8KIc-Q10Hlr1OfyGoTnRGgrUi7WyK6Uiyn4NAA0gsAUrfEUKM_

“Do you UNDERSTAND what you’ve done, GIUSEPPINA?!” 

“Do you understand what you have DONE?! 

Those words echoed on, bouncing off the withered walls of a FALCONE’s mind, tormenting her endlessly.

Away from the peering eyes and loud whispers cowered LUDOVICA FRANCESCA, hunched over in a shabby shack deep within the GRENZ region of OREN. Alone, the WRETCHED woman wailed as she sat on rotting wooden planks, balled fists clashing repeatedly against her own form in some truculent attempt of understanding the UNJUST cruelties she has committed against her closest kin—with blunt force to herself, nonetheless. Her mind was in a tumult of emotions.

Lh0XOhrUEm1x1DdeTwGY7aBG1Z6WkqA958guJP20enpipK60wlTcZCVOh7Wniv8S2JcujRsxRFAG_fx5qV5ghI8KIc-Q10Hlr1OfyGoTnRGgrUi7WyK6Uiyn4NAA0gsAUrfEUKM_

UaeKPxCebcJVqaF19wWiOIwuw2_nN7C4uqzXuNSpEDlY8Gcb71qCDHWar-vhO-TQ6Ibby3xW1BvC4ttfJjDZJylgj3Zc1-u6pyhLRuHnVEsxTAkx-h-Isqa2DbC9S4nTSts2VDyn

─────── °✾° ───────

GIUSEPPINA, the girl LUDOVICA cared for and raised on her own volition. A girl not even of LUDOVICA’s own garden but a seed stolen from another. HORRID brutality and SHAMELESS ferocity is no gift to give a daughter just some months nigh of her birthday. Countless bashes to the young girl’s strikingly beautiful countenance—once boasting majesty some of the highest nobles would kill to bare, reverberant roars belittling her fragile mental frame and stability, constant shoves forcing the young girl into the walls of her mother-figure’s shoppe. It was a harrowing scene for those who bore witness. 

GRACIA, LUDOVICA’s niece, and GIULIANO, the product of an anguished affair between his mother, GRACIA, and another. They stood to witness LUDOVICA’s pitilessness with wide eyes and clouded minds. ‘What has she succumbed to?’, they may have thought to themselves. This was the woman that aided in their nutriment, playing a large part in raising the BOTH of them. She was the one who played with both GRACIA and GIULIANO during their fits of hyperactivity as children, she was the one who offered a shoulder to GRACIA and did her best to guide her  since her days as growing woman, and she was the one who watched over the young GIULIANO as he began to work alongside his mother. LUDOVICA, the sweet, LUDOVICA the caring, LUDOVICA the beloved. Now, LUDOVICA the cursed, the maniacal, the wretch?

For LUDOVICA’s bloodshot gaze no LONGER bore any bit of warmth or innocence for those she was supposed to love the most.

─────── °✾° ───────

HOLD her, GIULIANO.” 

HOLD HER!

The young man, horrified at who his aunt has become, conformed to her orders— his shaken hands gripping tight at GIUSEPPINA’s arms, holding her tight in place as she wailed on, taking every smack and bash from her caretaker with a collection of howls and sobs.

Behind LUDOVICA hid GRACIA, tucked away in the corner of the room. GRACIA’s feeble digits scratched at her own features, scratching against the lids of her eyes and her pallid cheeks as she shrieked in distress. Then, upon the last balled fist LUDOVICA crashed upon her dearest foster daughter, GIULIANO brought open palms to the demented woman’s form, pushing her back and consequently drawing her closer towards her niece. Still blinded by her own emotions and crippling mental state, LUDOVICA swept back, grabbing at GRACIA by the back of her neck and forcefully directing her gaze towards the, now, brutalized and bloody, GIUSEPPINA. The WRETCHED LUDOVICA shoved her niece towards the girl before storming off, leaving nothing but the trails of blood and tears in her tracks.

How could I?”

How COULD I?!” 

SHE wailed in reflection, her cries resounding throughout the small shack she hid in, thereafter. The vehement abuse towards herself became more aggressive as the SUN’s warmth was dragged beneath the cruel MOON’s veil, leaving the lone woman in the cold DARKNESS.

LUDOVICA knew she would not be able to recover from the damage she had caused. She KNEW her family would not accept her back with open arms as they have done countless times before. However, she KNEW there was one last person she MAY be able to confide with. Thus, the woman took a stray piece of charcoal to a crinkled page, writing away and sending it off with a local merchant making way for the City of NEW PROVIDENCE.

“This’ll work..”

“This MUST work.”

“I’ll be bringing her with me. Nikolai will understand, surely.”

Surely, he’ll forgive me..” “He MUST forgive me..- he LOVES me.” 

“They all will, I know of it.” 

Spoiler

───────

Reminder, PLEASE do not METAGAME this any information. 

NONE of the events described below are public knowledge at this time and are ONLY known by the characters mentioned in the post.

───────

─────── °✾° ───────

ToAUY9ZDy3Ti3ocaAPhHped8fZ3pM0e0LKekU6JDiDMnUQEOHhwO66MLw-PkFuJVd9WVCVXuETtQzjHZVhQLROFovQXUagoyHTRz1Xr7Z3bwryNtkR_Ci17xn6_M1JktBhhj-cSC

─────── °✾° ───────

The two, LUDOVICA and her second daughter, ISABEL AMARANTA arrived in a small city nestled within the SOUTHERN warmth and SANDY dunes. They were greeted with nothing but smiles and hope—this was startling for both of them. 

They were visibly DISTRESSED and UNWELL, for a venture through the middle-east region of the continent to the southernmost city on foot is a trivial task, after all. Soon they were given substance and a shelter,

‘A home’ thought LUDOVICA, Solace.’ LUDOVICA dressed her daughter and herself in garbs much different from what they were used to, in hopes of better fitting within their newfound community .

“We will be safe here, AMARANTA.” The WOMAN rasped. “No one can hurt you while you’re here with ME.” 

─────── °✾° ───────

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

The sound of COSIMO FALCONE’s balled fist violently slamming against a fragile wooden door echoed loudly throughout, surely disturbing the canal’s typical quiet.

LUDOVICA.” He barked, taking his fist once more to lay against the door. 

The pounding persisted, as if each slam was meant to be the one that would snap the fragile wood and rusted metal hinges- and it did not ease the tension hearing that there was a scurrying from within the home.

“Open this DAMNED door, LUDOVICA! I know you are in there.”

“A-andare via!” A frail coo came from behind the door, pleading for the man to leave- the voice of GIUSEPPINA FALCONE.

A huff from the elderly man- but at least the door could rest well knowing it would remain intact for another day. “Open the door, Giuseppina- I need to speak with your caretaker. She has lost her f*cking mind, and it needs to be righted.” 

“She's not here - she's gone.” The girl called back in her mother tongue, muffled from behind the door's safety.

Another huff from COSIMO, conceding to speak softer. The man rested his head against the door, gently uttering, “Open the door, Giuseppina. There needs to be a conversation.”

Quiet before GIUSEPPINA stammered from behind the locked door, “You.. you promise you will not treat me like zia?”

“I’ve never once lay a hand against my own children; la famiglia non combatte la famiglia.

And then sounded the contesting creak of rusted hinges opening...

[!] A letter left in the residence, penned for LUDOVICA FALCONE.

Spoiler

(The contents of this letter are not meant to be public knowledge, only accessible to those who have access to the Falcone-Wick residence.)

Ludovica,

You’ve done it now, haven’t you, sorella?
Gone mad, I mean. Is it irreparably so, this time?

It would seem that way, given your sudden disappearance after your misbehavior.

The last you were like this, I was certain you’d not recover- that the Ludovica I raised had been lost to a rot of mind- consumed by a monster that shares your skin.

I thought I’d never see you again, but we reconciled. And you saned yourself.

But you’ve done it again, si?

Lost control and drove a wedge between this family, again. Again, and again, and again- as if you take pride in your ability to misuse the trust we have placed in you. 

I spoke to Giuseppina, to see if you’d truly lost it or if your actions could be rationalized. I still cannot tell, and you are not here to defend yourself. Surely, you can imagine that this does not look well for you.

Do not hide from me, Ludovica. Bring yourself from hiding. We are still family. I would not forsake you so quickly, but we cannot begin to put this behind us if you are not here to speak with me.

I look forward to dispelling the confusion. 

Pray you are of sound mind when I find you. I am not a child you can lay hands against, so do not try.

- Cosimo

Whilst still unaware his lover and daughter intentions to return not the aged Highlander made his way towards a certain Illatians home, as there were matters to speak about that could be looked over no longer.

[!] A zealous Illatian paces, waiting selfishly to proclaim a plan all his own. Staring out the window in wait.

(reserved, pt 2)

Terrified and traumatized was she, the sweet Isabel, clinging tightly to her sickly lamb. Taken from her life and dressed anew, her face anew; she didn’t know if she was even herself anymore. Her now chocolate gaze remained stuck to sandy dunes beyond, red and dry with no tears left to cry.

r