"A Long Awaited Reunion."

angel129bu

[Cristonia, Guardsman, Cristonia's Father, Szymon]
"Szymon?" Cristonia called around, going from town to town in search of her fiancee. After several weeks which turned into months then to years. She had no luck finding him. Her last thought was to check Norland, a place he and her had thought of as a possible home. After getting there she began to ask around, "Hello? Have you seen or heard of a man named Szymon? I'm looking for him…" She told every stranger that she walked by. Only a few of them had never met Szymon, and a few had met him but weren't sure if they should tell her he was dead. "Please? Anyone… Have you seen Szymon?!" Cristonia cried, she felt like she lost everything. Her parents, her little brother, her past pets, and now her fiancee. It wasn't until later that one of the guards on duty that night spotted her sitting down near the tavern. "Evening miss, is there anything I can help you with?" Cristonia looked up from her slight sadness. "Actually, yes sir. Have you heard or met anyone by the name of Szymon? I'm looking for him and have been all day." She sighed, lowering her head. A serious expression dominated the guard’s face "Ma'am. I'm sorry to say this, but your friend is no longer with us. He died in his home, the barracks after slitting his wrists. Truly an individual worth pity. He was a fine guardsman… " Cristonia stared at the guard dumbfounded, thinking he was joking. "But… You have to be joking! He can't be gone. I need him!" Cristonia screamed, tears streaming down her face. The guard took ahold of her hand gently, and shook his head. “I apologize ms. But Szymon is gone, It’s not a joke. I can take you to his room in the guard house. Where he spent his final days.” The guard offered waiting patiently for a response. “Please? Can I see where he was?” Cristonia stood, getting a better grip on the guard’s hand. “Of course.” The guard nodded and began to lead her there. After what seemed like ages, only being about a 10 minute walk they arrived at Szymon’s door. “Is it safe to enter?” Cristonia asked, her eyes red and puffy. Still crying, she lowered her head waiting for the guard to respond. "Aye. It is, but ma’am allow me to accompany you inside.” The guard offered once again, pulling the door open with a twist of the knob. Cristonia nodded, still hand in hand with the guard as they both stepped inside. Cristonia looked around at the beautiful placement, admiring the ambiance. The guard led her to where they had found the body of the young man they all once called Szymon. “It’s a beautiful spot to pass on… I have to admit. All the flowers, and everything that was left here.” Cristonia paused for a moment. “Would you leave me alone? I have something I need to do.” Cristonia asked, letting go of the guard’s hand. “But Ma’am. You don’t know what’s in here. It could be very dangerous. There could be rats, or racoons, or…” The guard paused with a small sigh. “I see. I’ll leave you be ma’am. I’ll step outside, yell if you need me.” And with that the guard stepped outside of the room. Cristonia walked around the limited confines of the room within the guard house, her heart aching at what she’d seen and heard. Cristonia knew it was about time, she’d joined him. She quietly searched the room, looking for a sword or something sharp to end her own life. But it was at that moment, her heart decided it was going to give out. She had then died of a broken heart, making a slight thud on the wooden floor. Soon to be with her lover Szymon once more. It wasn’t until a few moments had passed, and Cristonia woke up in a glistening forest. Where she met her Father who’d died back in Rozania, and her lover standing beside him. “Hello my dear…” Her father greeted her, with a solemn expression. “It’s good to see you, although you know we weren’t originally ready for you to come here.” Her father paused, turning his attention to Szymon knowing he had something to say. “Cris… Why? Why are you here?” Szymon stepped forward, taking ahold of both her hands in his hands looking into her eyes. “I couldn’t live without you. I tried to originally end my own life. But I guess fate had other plans… I assume it was a heart attack, but I was so heartbroken from hearing you’ve died. So I guess you could honestly say I died of a broken heart.” Cristonia chuckled softly, smiling. “But… I thought you wanted to live longer… Perhaps find another?” Szymon asked, still looking into her eyes. “You were the only one I ever wanted. The only one I ever needed. I couldn’t live without you, and here we are now.” Cristonia, wrapped her arms around Szymon in a hug. “I’ve missed you so much…” Szymon replied, wrapping his arms around her. Forever in an eternal embrace, at the end of it all this is what true love looks like…

Szymon held Cris within his arms. He was happy to not be alone anymore.