[COMPLETED] [Bounty] Haunted Keep?!

Joltastik

[!] Parchments are posted on poles and notice boards alike all around the City-State of Kivdrona, depicting a neat transcription which reads the following:

"To anyone versed in the subject, whether man of the cloth, seer, hexer or sell-sword:

I have recently overseen the acquisition of an abandoned keep lying just outside our City's walls. The buyer seemed pleased about the old, abandoned fort's general state despite its faults, and even mentioned his plans for a renovation.

Anyhow, dusk fell upon us by the time we reached the fort on horseback. By the time I was done showing the client around, the pale moon dimly illuminated a dark sky. The client was an outsider and I felt bad for him to be perfectly frank, so I offered to pay him a room at the Prancing Camel. I was surprised to witness him asking if he could spend a night in the old fort instead. Said he'd warm himself up to it, since he was about to buy it anyway.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a done deal. So, I allowed him to spend the night in that old fort. Went back to town to celebrate in the meantime, as the acquisition's price was quite hefty.

Worst financial decision of my life.

I spent most of my money in the Camel that night, knowing I would get my share from the purchase of the fort soon. 'Lo and behold, that purchase never even occurred! Instead I had a panicked client come over to my house in the brink of morning, pale as snow, to tell me of a ghastly apparition which occured in the keep that last night!

I laughed, of course. But the client didn't. Nor did he laugh when he said a shadowy figure clad in dark robes overwhelmed his faculties in his sleep! He did laugh when he went on to say he would refuse to complete the payment and acquisition the home for as long as the otherworldly corrupts his hearth, though. But I didn't.

So, in light of this dreary circumstance, I call upon any deeming themselves well-versed enough in the subject of spiritism to help me solve this issue AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ! A hefty reward in the 3 digits of minae awaits the potential vanquisher of this phantasm, to be bartered upon initial contact with the Independent Contractor (which is me!).

You may find me during working hours at my Realtor's Office in town square.

Signed,

Saul, Real-Estate Mogul and Entrepreneur."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NY4hki1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A fort outside Kivdrona? Sounds real familiar," Edmond grumbled as he looked over a well preserved piece of parchment issued in contract by the late Lord Barnaby, his gloved finger tracing down the scribe-infused inkword carefully. "Real familiar."

1 hour ago, Joltastik said:

Worst financial decision of my life.

Spoiler

I Am Never Gonna Financially Recover From This | Know Your Meme

This could be ein interesting adventure for mein knights…” spoke Ser Reinhardt Barclay, Knight Paramount of Hanseti-Russia “Ich shall need to deploy ein contingent of them to scout out this issue, maybe the prospect of fortune und glory will convince them?”  He then dabbed is quill in some ink and began writing up orders to the table.